Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The break is over. Time to get back into action!!!!

Del Piero, after the Milan game stated that Juventus need to recharge thier batteries. Let's hope the squad has done just that!!!

No team news has yet been released but we know that David Treazeguet has resumed only light training with the rest of the squad. So he certainly will not feature in this tie.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=40810&progr=2

We're without Thuram, so either Tudor (if fit) or Monetro will take his place.

Parma, they have been playing pretty bad. Defence has been leaking goals.........BUT, the break would certainly have given them a few things to sort out.

We cannot afford to lose as Milan will most probs pick up three points at home against Lecce.

Zlatan should start upfront with Zalayeta.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I belive that Del Piero should get the credit again and he should start upfront with Zlatan. I hope to see Iuliano or Montero start.
Lecce will make it hard on Milan as they have a very strong squad this season. I don't think Milan will grab the 3 points so easily.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Canna fears Parma trap Sunday 2 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Cannavaro returns to face his former club at the Stadio Tardini on Thursday and warns that troubled Parma can still pose a threat.

“We must be very wary of their attacking potential,” said the Juventus star ahead of his homecoming party. “The counter-attacks could be particularly dangerous for us.”

Few teams have been able to break down Juve’s defence so far this season, but Italian international Alberto Gilardino and his teammates are worrying Cannavaro.

“I don’t think we have the strongest central defensive pairing in Italy,” he noted of his partnership with Lilian Thuram that has been in place since their Parma days. “Alessandro Nesta and Paolo Maldini are better because they have won something.”

It will be a different test for the Bianconeri, as Thuram is suspended for this difficult trip to face the Gialloblu.

“It is always an emotional moment for me when I step back into the Stadio Tardini, even if it will be strange without Thuram by my side. I’m sure that whoever replaces him will fill in admirably.”

There could be further changes for Thursday’s tie, as David Trezeguet resumed training for the first time since undergoing shoulder surgery and partnered Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a game between ranks.

“His return is very important to us,” added the ex-Parma captain. “It’s a crucial moment in the Championship and up until now our strikers have been doing over-time. In January there will be just one game per week, so we’ll be able to work on our fitness rather than playing every three days.”

channel4

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Is Trez ready to play against Parma? i dont think so...

Could be a dangerous game, but parma is playing crap right now, their defense is too weak, and there´s only one good forward in Gilardino...maybe we could expect an easy win, but maybe the break did well to Parma too...

Anyway, i want to see if Del Piero is really fit right now, could be a good game to prove it...

My choices:

----------Buffon----------
Zebina---Montero--Canna---Zambrotta
--------Emerson---Blasi-----------
---Camo-----------------Nedved----
-------Zlatan--------Del Piero--------

It´ll be interesting to see who will replace Thuram....if isn´t Tudor or Legro is because they are already sold....

Forza Juve :boxing:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We have to kick the shit out of Parma. They are perfoming Serie C1 quality soccer at the moment. No excuses for draw, not talking about defeat.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Montero to face Parma Monday 3 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paolo Montero will replace the suspended Lilian Thuram when Juventus face Parma on Thursday.

The Uruguayan should get a rare start after Thuram was ruled out of the game against his former club.

Although boss Fabio Capello has numerous centre-back options, he is expected to select Montero alongside Fabio Cannavaro in defence.

The League leaders will also still be without David Trezeguet who is recovering from shoulder surgery.

But they have been boosted with the news that both reserve ‘keeper Antonio Chimenti and Emerson are available.

There were some doubts regarding the Brazilian’s fitness but he is likely to start at the Stadio Tardini.

channel4

============

Serie A Week 17 - 6/1/04 (15.00)
Parma - Juventus

Stadio Tardini

Juve boss Fabio Capello will be hoping that the Christmas break did his players some good after they showed signs of fatigue towards the end of 2004. Although they ended the year four points clear of Milan, the Bianconeri were struggling to live up to their form from earlier this term.

On paper, their Week 17 trip to Parma shouldn’t be too taxing when you consider that the Gialloblu are in deep relegation trouble and lost their last Serie A game 5-1 at Roma. However, new boss Pietro Carmignani has had a little more time to prepare his troops since his appointment last month.

Nevertheless, the Tardini Coach does have a few selection problems. Cardone, Marchionni, Bresciano and Grieco have had their fitness troubles recently. While Pisanu and Contini will be unavailable due to suspension. Parma’s hopes of piercing a very solid Juve defence will fall on the shoulders of Alberto Gilardino – a striker who nearly moved to Turin in the summer.

Capello has few selections problems for Thursday’s game. David Trezeguet is still not available even if he has returned to training. While Lilian Thuram won’t face his former club as the stopper is suspended. Paolo Montero should step in for the former French international.

Parma (probable): Frey; Ferronetti, Bovo, Bonera, Potenza; Bolano, Simplicio; Rosina, Morfeo, Grella; Gilardino

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Montero, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Del Piero

Ref: To follow...

channel4

=================

Capello in confident mood Monday 3 January, 2005

Fabio Capello is confident that his Juventus side will soon be back to their very best following a recent dip in form.

The Bianconeri ended 2004 with a few struggles but the tactician is confident that the Christmas break has served them well.

"I’m convinced that we will do some positive things. We’ve done a specific type of preparation and I’m sure that will become clear over the next couple of games," he stated.

"We were tired against Milan on December 18, psychologically more than physically. But I’m convinced that we will battle for major honours until the very end."

The former Roma tactician also expects the return from injury of David Trezeguet to be significant.

"We will need fresh players in the New Year and he could be our secret weapon at home and in Europe," he added.

"But I’m happy that I have a large squad to choose from. I will now need to simply make the right selections."

The tactician was also asked to comment on Antonio Cassano, after the latter admitted that he missed Capello at Roma.

"It has always been the case that people become aware that they are missing people only after they have gone," he added.

"Antonio was right in what he said because I did aid him to mature. I supported him more than I would have anyone else because he needed help to grow up."

Will he join Juve? "I’m not answering that question," replied the Coach. "There is no doubt that Cassano is a great player, one who can make a difference. Everybody would like to sign him."

channel4

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cannavaro said:
Fabio Cannavaro returns to face his former club at the Stadio Tardini on Thursday and warns that troubled Parma can still pose a threat.

“We must be very wary of their attacking potential,” said the Juventus star ahead of his homecoming party. “The counter-attacks could be particularly dangerous for us.”
Good to hear that from Cannavaro. Better to be cautious than cocky.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I think Parma will cause us problems, despite their poor position in Serie A. It's not like we were playing that well before the break either.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Would be very dissapointed with everything except a win...

Ohh, and by the way, strange how dead the Juve-forum is these days...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Mikey said:
I think Parma will cause us problems, despite their poor position in Serie A. It's not like we were playing that well before the break either.
The way we played against Bologna and Milan we will struggle against every team in serieA. I am hopeful however, that we have recovered some since that time. We should....

No reason not to be hopeful at this stage I think :).

NB: In todays training- Trezeguet played alongside Zlatan in the "first team."
He won't play against Parma, but it's an indication that he's on the right way :happy: .

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
That is great news about Trez. With him back the defenders of the opposite teams will have two strikers to be awere of instead of just Zlatan( DP drops back so the DM often mark him).

Often two defenders are on Zlatan, so this will hopefully give Trez more spaces and we all know what space in the box plus Trez means, yeah that's right, GOALS.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
We're going to make hamster fillets out of Parma.

And i'm going to love every second of it. :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Why do you have so many sticky topics? It's not like a match thread is running the risk of falling outside the first page and be forgotten...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Let them stick it Marten, they'll probably enjoy a rare (referee-influenced matches don't count), trouble-free victory at the Tardini tomorrow... :(

We'll probably be without Gilardino and we're definitely without Marchionni so that means the only chance of a positive result for Parma is a 0-0 draw... with our defence, yeah right...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yeah, I know we'll lose. It's not these games that are important anymore. I don't give a rats ass.

I've cancelled my Canal+ subscription so this could very well be the last Parma game I'll be able to watch. (They will shut it down at the end of this month.) If we go down it's definately the last unless we pull a miracle and get promoted some time in the future. If we don't go down I could get Canal+ again next autumn if we look like an ok team again. (which I doubt)

But hey, could it be a more fitting end? Juventus at Tardini. Ah, the memories...

Feels weird. This could be the last Parma game EVER for me. It just hit me. Hard... :(

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Glen said:
The way we played against Bologna and Milan we will struggle against every team in serieA. I am hopeful however, that we have recovered some since that time. We should....

No reason not to be hopeful at this stage I think :).
Haha, Ok, we'll see tomorrow who's right. ;)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
And since every glorious tradition must be preserved, De Santis will be the referee in charge tomorrow. I'm all for letting Cannavaro have his goal count this time.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
VERDI said:
Why do you have so many sticky topics? It's not like a match thread is running the risk of falling outside the first page and be forgotten...
They have to remind the fans *caugh* gloryhunters *cough* that Juve are actually playing :shades:

I wish we could beat you, you're too cocky but I guess you have every reason to be that.

Let's just hope Montero plays instead of Thuram :smileani:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts