Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This must now be considered our biggest game of the season.It is a six pointer.If we lose,Parma will be level on points with us,and we will be truly in the thick of a relegation battle.We must NOT think about defeat.The way things are going,I would settle for a draw.Our players are playing with no confidence,and you can see that they are dreading to make a mistake.Even though like Montella who at the start were on fire,have now jumped into the abyss.We can no longer rely on his goal to pull us out of a rut.As for Ferrari,well,I do not know what to say.His displays sum up our season.Its going to be a battle against Parma,and it seems all the opposition show more hunger and desire to win than our boys.This must change and soon.I just hope the UEFA Cup game v.Dynamo Moscow takes it out of them.We play like a tired bunch of players,and we could do with playing a team more tired than us.Having said that,a positive result for them and they find themselves in a European Final,may lift their spirits for the remainder of the season.
We must focus on our own play,and the players must be mentally prepared to give it their outmost best.They must not focus too much on their last games,otherwise it will affect their approach to the game.

P.S.I have started this thread early for 2 reasons.Firstly,it is a VERY important game for us.I cannot highlight this enough.If we lose,I am not sure our players have the spirit for a dog fight with habitual relegation battlers.Secondly,if I start a match thread,it may just bring AS ROMA some luck.We need more than luck,maybe a prayer or two might help.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
We play against CSKA Moscow, not Dynamo :D . You gues will have a huge advantage seeing as how our players will get VERY tired travelling to Moscow.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'm in a position where everything, absolutely everything, between these two matches, is regarded unimportant. Seriously speaking, this is do or die for us all. Therefore I meet this early thread with a couple of thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love you, Roma10. Positive energy. :stuckup:

Going to sleep with Antonello and his beautiful Roma capoccia in my head. Give me strength Landooooo :cry:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Valdrin said:
We play against CSKA Moscow, not Dynamo :D . You gues will have a huge advantage seeing as how our players will get VERY tired travelling to Moscow.
Sorry,it is CSKA.I hope your plane coming back is delayed for 3 days.That way,we might just get 3 points. :D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Roma_10 said the most important thing: the players must not focus on our recent awful form, they must only think of this game as a fresh game, not a new beginning, but a new game which there to be played.

Sadly, I think we will lose. For right now, I have the same feeling as before those CL ties last autmun. Remeber those? When we felt like we could not win even before each game started. Beyond my feelings, remember we have no Totti, Perrotta, De Rossi and maybe Chivu for this game.

I am convinced our fate will be decided on the final day against Chievo. However, I only expect us to pick up a maximum of 2 points from these last 4 games, and that will not be enough.

How can we be this bad? I know you all feel the same. In Rome or wherever, we are bewildered. How did Roma become the team which cannot win a game? I have no idea. It is like we are the same as Ancona of last season. Even they would be upset at having a record like ours: 10 games, and only 2 draws with 8 defeats.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Some of our 1st team players I expect will be used in the UEFA Cup this week so they will be tired but saying that the will and determination to win and get Parma out of a shít may well be the main factor that decides this game. The players are on a high after the weekend result and hopefully it doesn't go to their head and they just relax more ahead of the next game against CSKA Moscow and this game against Roma.

Both teams have the leagues top-scorers so it will be interesting to see how Montella vs Gila will go on the day.

I for one would be happy with a draw...

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I think we're in huge trouble, this team dosen't look like getting anything from the Tardini. Parma are fighting like wolves, we've become the whipping boys of Serie A, Gilardino is coming off a magnificent four goals, Vincenzo, a dry spell, we have no ideas in attack, and no clue in defence....we need a miracle. :sob:

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
I'm not as pessimistic as some of you.
The good:
- We usually play well at Tardini and against Parma.
- Parma's situation is as difficult, if not more difficult, than ours.
- Parma's defense sucks.
The bad:
- Our strikers aren't hitting the net.
- Our confidence is at an all-time low.
- We suck.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I think a draw would be a nice result. Gilardino and Morfeo could really give us a run around,, but I hope we can score a couple also.

2-2 would be a good result for us because if other results go our way, it should almost garauntee survival.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well this is gazzetta.it's likely line-ups a long way before the game. De Rossi is apparently suspended :wallbang: and we will have Mexes at LB with Cufre pushed up to play on the left of the midfield. i would have thought that Chivu could do more on the left than Mexes though and Ferrari maybe could have been dropped but anyway that just shows our squad problems... :nervous: :stress:

:: PARMA3-5-1-1
17 Frey
5 Bonera
3 Cardone
4 Bovo
19 Pisanu
30 Simplicio
6 Bolano
23 Bresciano
14 Contini
10 Morfeo
11 Gilardino

A disposizione
37 Bucci
28 Cannavaro
29 Camara
15 Savi
8 Olive
40 Vignaroli
18 Ruopolo

:: ROMA4-4-2 :star:
1 Curci
2 Panucci
8 Ferrari
13 Chivu
5 Mexes
30 Mancini
15 Dacourt
20 Perrotta
25 Cufrè
9 Montella
18 Cassano

A disposizione
12 Zotti
27 Briotti
19 Scurto
3 Abel Xavier
37 Marsili
38 Rosi
39 Okaka

------------------------Curci

--Panucci------Ferrari----------Chivu-------Mexes

--Mancini------Dacourt--------Perrotta------Cufre

---------------Montella--------Cassano

DAJE ROMA :hopefull:

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
we need a miracle we're almost sure our lot won't bring.
anyway, my first priority when thinking of a line up is to take Ferrari our at any cost, then try to sort out the lack of creativity in our central midfield.
Code:
             Curci
       Mexés-Chivu-Cufré
Mancini-Dacourt-Perrotta-Panucci
            Cassano
       Montella-Okaka
our reality is that our offensive force started out great and then ran bone dry, especially Montella who by some miracle saw his soft penalty go beyond Antonioli’s reach into the net but didn’t learn anything from that and was of course denied last week, so I thought I'd reshuffle and insert Cassano as a playmaker and give our primavera star his first chance, believe me at this point we can't do worse and if the stage proves to be too overwhelming for him we can take him out, push Cassano forward and maybe insert Virga or Marsili in the middle, anything but not play Ferrari!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Ferrari I saw his mistake on the highlight and wow! I feel sorry for the guy though I do blame a lot of Roma's bad performances to him. But the way he reacted by pounding his fist on the ground after and pretty much during when the goal was scored. I think that if he somehow plays next game he'll come out really angry and he'll either play great or play ultra-aggresive and get a red card. My thoughts are that if he plays it will be the former and not the later, but I wouldn't risk it and play with Scurto or Briotti before I play him.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
But the way he reacted by pounding his fist on the ground after and pretty much during when the goal was scored. I think that if he somehow plays next game he'll come out really angry and he'll either play great or play ultra-aggresive and get a red card.
Logically one of those scenarios would occur, but he's reacted this way for the entire season, either with anger or sadness, but he hasn't improved at all. Rather the opposite. He's got a very, very weak personality and even if I try I my best, I can't see that he's got any confidence in himself. It's a shame frankly, cause he seems to be a good guy in my opinion!

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
----------------curci--------

panucci----mexes---chivu---cufre

mancini---dacourt----perotta--derossi

--------montella------cassano------

we need some real tactics and plays...we know that pannuci can push the ball up forward and we know that mancini can play some very nice defending ( remember when he was defending zidane earlier in the season during champions league ) so if panucci pushes forward mancini should naturally push back to cover for him. this may sound like it is "obvious" but look at where we are in the standings....FORZA ROMA...lets get a BIG win like last time!!!!

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Ferrari I saw his mistake on the highlight and wow! I feel sorry for the guy though I do blame a lot of Roma's bad performances to him. But the way he reacted by pounding his fist on the ground after and pretty much during when the goal was scored. I think that if he somehow plays next game he'll come out really angry and he'll either play great or play ultra-aggresive and get a red card. My thoughts are that if he plays it will be the former and not the later, but I wouldn't risk it and play with Scurto or Briotti before I play him.
and do you think it’s worth risking playing him in our delicate situation just so he could build character when we have three defenders who are his superiors even if he was in top form? I included neither Scurto nor Briotti in my 3 man defense and as you see below Sinoy didn’t either in his 4 man defense and still managed to leave Ferrari out.
sinoy1 said:
----------------curci--------

panucci----mexes---chivu---cufre

mancini---dacourt----perotta--derossi

--------montella------cassano------
De Rossi is suspended, we could use Virga in his place though in that formation.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts