Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07/05/2000. Lazio’s Chilean striker Marcelo Salas has refused to leave Rome as part of the Italian champions’ transfer package for Parma’s Argentine goal-ace Hernan Crespo.

In refusing the move, Salas has prioritized his family over the $1 million more per year he would be earning with Parma, not to mention the mansion, luxury car, and other gifts he would receive from the club.

Appearing on a Chilean television program earlier this week, Salas intimated that climactic reasons were behind his reluctance to bring his family to Parma.

“It’s very cold there, and I don’t want my wife Camila to be freezing all year,” said Salas. “It’s true that the offer is economically advantageous, but I prefer to give privilege to my family.”

The gialloblu, meanwhile, consider Salas to be an integral part of any deal involving Crespo. Agent Gustavo Mascardi, who represents both Salas and Crespo, has meetings with directors from Parma and Lazio scheduled for later this week, and Salas’ attitude has clearly left him a bit peeved.

“It’s difficult to convince a pig-headed player like Marcelo Salas to accept a move to Parma,” said Mascardi. "Salas is so stubborn that he has already rejected a move to Chelsea. He is a combative person, and it’s difficult for him to accept the idea of leaving Roma. In any case, other solutions can be studied.”

Those “other solutions” might involve Lazio’s Portuguese international winger Sergio Conceicao, but Parma are seemingly not as interested in him as they once were. Plus, if Crespo goes, they will need to replace him with a dedicated goalscorer.

However, Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti remains hopeful.

"I’m optimistic about the final success of the negotiations,” said Cragnotti. “We will resolve everything this week or next week at the latest. Salas and Crespo are professionals who want guarantees, which they will have. We are moving forward and we plan to give our supporters the greatest satisfaction.”

[Edited by isgna on 05-07-2000 at 19:27]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This is the most stupid excuse I've ever heard.Anyway,I dont care about the guy.If he doesnt want to come,let it be.I never wanted him anyway...let him miss his chacnes with Lazio.

·
Registered
385 Posts
KEEP AWAY FROM HERE SALAS¡

IM ABSOLUTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY AGREE U YOU AMOROSO¡¡¡¡
WHAT STUPID MAN....

KEEP AWAY FROM HERE SALAS¡
I never wanted him anyway¡

TANZI WOULD MUST TRY SIGN MONTELLA.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The same Salas who said " I could only imagine playing for Juventus " ?? ok doesn´t make sense does it ?? or is it that much warmer in turin :)

Salas doesn´t want to leave Lazio and that´s ok. However he doesn´t want to score for Lazio and that´s less the ok :(

I don´t care about all this and I hope that Tanzi and Cragnotti will shake hands and try again in the future ( the distant future ).

Cragnotti look at your defence and if you are hellbent on brining a Parma player to Lazio go for CanCan ( a goal less conceeded is a goal less to score ).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah Svennis... like you have a prayer of getting your hands on Canna. Keep on drooling. ;)

As far as Salas is concerned, maybe some cash would warm up the Parmesian climate. ...It was a silly thing to say, and I'm not very enthusiastic about having him on the team.

[Edited by Thuram1 on 05-07-2000 at 22:37]

P

·
0 Posts
Although I like Salas very much, I urge Tanzi to KICK HIM OUT! Anyone who tries to hurt Parma should be KICKED ASS! NO EXCEPTION!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really don't think this is going to hurt Parma at all. Apparently, Crespo doesn't mind staying at Parma, and, since we'll most likely buy Almeyda anyway, we don't really lose anything...except some cash. Lazio, though, would be stuck with a sour Salas and no Almeyda... and no Crespo.

I kinda hope this does fall through because an attack of Crespo & Amoroso, backed by Micoud, Bogho, and Almeyda could kick some ass.

I'm starting to get excited for next year... we're gonna be much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts