Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma started training today.This is the official start of the season for the Gialloblu.

Any thoughts about our overal trasnfer market till now,how do you think we will do this year,predictions?

Lets hope for the better...

FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think we have done alot to strengthen our team. In today's football the midfield is the key. Last year we lacked alot in that part of the team so I only think it can get better.

Goalkeepers:
Buffon is one year older and should be even better. The subs are the same. Not much have happened here.

Defenders:
Again, not much differs from last season. Can only be better with a guy like Torrissi to hold it together. Or why not Dino? Dino have a big heart for Parma and I couldn't be happier if he could be a vital part of our team.

Midfielders:
Here we have the real revolution! If I say it like this, last years best midfielder isn't even sure of a place in the starting lineup. That really say alot. With new guys such as Micoud, Almeyda, Conceciao, Junior, Appiah, Lamouchi and Bogho fit we doesn't have to fear anyone. Even if some Lazio fans will object to that. :)

Forwards:
We lost Crespo! What can I say? We won't get those one-man-show goals like we did last season. He rescued us from ending up in 10th place. Hopefully our new midfield will win us games by playing good football instead of relying on Crespo... In that case we should be alright even without Hernan. He was a nice insurance in case the midfield would fail though... :( Amoroso should be back close to his best and maybe he can provide the same kind of magic? If Amoroso can stay fit and be in good form together with Milosevic or some other decent striker I would even dare to say that we have STRENGTHENED the attack, even if we have lost Crespo.

[Edited by VERDI on 17-07-2000 at 14:16]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have Amoroso and Boghossian back.The most expensive signing in the history of Parma and our most important player are back.Amoroso will hve this year to prove how good he is,we dont ask him anything more than become the Amoroso of Udineze and the Copa America.For Boghossian,what can I say? he is our most imnportant player and he (actually his absence) was the main reason we sucked last year.His presence with his tackles,his passes and his goal is vital.I'm glad we have such a player in our midfield,but when he is missed,our midfield looks emply.I consider Bogho one of the more underrated players in the world.I hear other teams fans to say that Boghossian is not good,but we,Parma fans,understand the brilliance of this player.Why? he does everything,anchoring,play-making,defending and scoring.WELCOME BACK BOGHO!

Torrisi is also back.The guy who I considered a joke now makes me feel secure.Its a pity he got injured just when he was on the verge of the national team...:(

These three will be our best "new" signings.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i can only say 1 thing about Bogo 'he's the MAN!!!'

Torrisi could be a starter but i think Baggio will get the nod.

Amoroso has too score many goals cuz we can't rely on the midfield scoring goals:)

I

·
0 Posts
I read at the official Parma site that Baggio might be off to Fiorentina with Lassissi and Vanoli. How do you feel about Baggio? In my opinion I think that maybe you should allow this because you have acquired quite an already impressive midfield. Oh yeah, I like Boghossian.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Inter Juve fanatic,
Actually there are talks about playing Dino in central defense this year. He can totally forget to ever play at the Parma midfield again... (I hope) :)

J

·
0 Posts
Parma will be this year much stronger than last season.
Almeyda and Conceicao!! Wow

·
Registered
120 Posts
your team is a much better team with that midfield, the only problem is that without putting the ball in the goal you can't win only tie....crespo is a huge loss, but all around you have a better team...The problem is you won't win games on a goal that you don't deserve anymore without crespo..

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Well Slobbs, Amoroso is potentially even BETTER than Crespo. Marcio scored 22 goals for Udinese and Hernan scored 21 goals for Parma... I'm sure Amoroso is ready for great things again this year. Di Vaio isn't exactly worthless either. I think Parma can be really surprise everyone this year. Almeyda and Amoroso are forgotten after a bad year, Boghossian and Fuser severely underrated and so forth... Take my word for it. This Parma are destined for great things!

·
Registered
120 Posts
verdi-

i hope your right but potential is the most dangerous word in the english language....he has potential but he has to live up to crespo's level and that is always difficult when you are talking about someone who is not there yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts