Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma have just signed Mark Bresciabno from Empoli it seems,he costed 12 million euro + Grieco who was already outloaned. Parma are also after 3 Atalanta players ( Doni, Zauri and Zenoni)

I don't know what Parma needs Bresciano for, but one of the 3 Atalanta players would be more interesting.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Idiot Bresciano :rolleyes:

I dont know what armas expectations are of him but he wont do anything for u next year. He should be loaned out Empoli for 2 more years. Hes just being greedy and doing the 2nd worst thing for his career (after going to epl :D)

He has potential to be a good player for the future but if Nakata and Micoud have failed why wont he?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Wow, imagine Doni at Parma:cool:

Sadly if he does leave (I have a feeling he may just want to stay) he will end up going to Juventus to be a reserve for Nedved & Del Piero or something stupid like that:(

El Matador,I wouldn't say that Johan has failed this year, in fact he is coming into his own & I would hate to see him leave.

Now I don't have a clue about Bresciano, but I've heard great things about him (if only we got Maccarone:() & I'm confident he will perform for us as well as he could if he was sent back on loan too Empoli. We will be playing in the same Division next year (that's Serie A, not B:D) & should have a new coach too.

Please Del Neri, JOIN PARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
€12 m+Grieco sounds way too much.

And Grieco isn't outloaned, he's in the main squad. Too bad he's injured all the time. :(

About Bresciano, just like almost everybody else, I havn't seen him. But he seems like quite a talant. Is he more like a playmaker or can he play in the centre of a 4-4-2??
I don't think he will have trouble fitting in at Parma. All the young players perform great here. It's the "stars" that allways fails. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think Bresciano would take a similar role to what Marchionni had this season. A sub who starts in certain cup games and when we have injury problems. I don't think he will be a starter.

We're also interested in one of Fiore or Liverani from Lazio. Liverani looking like the first option right now though. In case we can't reach him we would go after Baronio.

Milan are also interested in Cannavaro and we have asked for Donati in part exchange.

What more? Oh yeah, Zapata is more or less confirmed I think. Now we're also interested in argentine midfield duo Sebastian Battaglia and Andres D'Alessandro. Battaglia is from Boca and D'Alessandro is from River.

What about:

__________Di Vaio____Bonazzoli

_Doni_____Liverani____Lamouchi____Marchionni

_Zauri_____Bonera_____Ferrari______Sartor

________________Frey

Could be great. :) But first we must maintain our Serie A status... :nervous:

ps. Grieco should only be loaned out to Empoli for one year according to the article on GdS.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Verdi: On paper that looks :eek: ! (in a good way that is). But maybe not so realistic sadly. I also think it lacks steel in the middle and Doni and Liverani may run in eachothers way.
Damn I sound pessimistic, sorry about that :eek:.

But I don't think we can get Doni. And if I'm not wrong we would get Liverani only if we gave Marchionni in exchange (forget it :groan: ). So my idea is to forget Liverani/Fiore, try to get Donati, and let him and Appiah take that spot :).

D'Allesandro is hyped out of this world. If he's half as good as thay say, then he should be great. If we just put the money on the table I think we would get him, as noone else seems willing to pay the money. But question is if he's worth as much, and where would we put him. Left-mid?? Even so we can expect it will take maybe two years before he gets into the italian style of play.
That's too big a risk and that money should go into more needed players, maybe some of the Atalanta ones. Maybe we can get something back on Falsini? That would be sweet.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think both Lamouchi and Liverani have a certain physical presence. Don't think they would be run over by anyone.

Doni is unlikely, I agree. But we do have a few reasons for him to choose us. First of all, he would be a star and always start. II heard some Roma director say that they consider him as an alternative to Totti (read: Totti's sub) and in Juventus they already have Nedved and Del Piero who prefer to attack from the left. There are other clubs as well of course but Juventus and Roma have been the two closest to him. And we shouldn't forget that maybe Prandelli and Doni have a good relationship to eachother from Atalanta.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
ak: but we can't afford another expensive flop. Sadly the climate in today's football doesn't allow a club to buy a expensive player who doesn't give instant result. Even if he's only 20 years old, he's painted as a flop if he doesn't get a keyrole in the squad in the first season. This is rediculous, but reality. When everybody lables you a flop it's hard to perform when you have the pressure to prove everything wrong. And the presidents seem to weak to give the players the time they need, and sell them when they get a decent bid to minimize losses.

We have to build a new team from less known and glamorous players, and when we have a well functioning team, THEN we can splash out big bucks on a supertalant to give us that last little extra that is needed to win trophy's.

But the most important is to get a coach for a longer period of time, one with a vision and a plan. After a few years this will give results. Look at what Houllier did with Liverpool for example. That is my dream for Parma.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Anybody who knows anything about Breschiano? :confused:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
VERDI said:
I think both Lamouchi and Liverani have a certain physical presence. Don't think they would be run over by anyone.

Doni is unlikely, I agree. But we do have a few reasons for him to choose us. First of all, he would be a star and always start. II heard some Roma director say that they consider him as an alternative to Totti (read: Totti's sub) and in Juventus they already have Nedved and Del Piero who prefer to attack from the left. There are other clubs as well of course but Juventus and Roma have been the two closest to him. And we shouldn't forget that maybe Prandelli and Doni have a good relationship to eachother from Atalanta.
Lamouchi and Liverani could maybe workout togheter, but not with Doni on the side. That would mean that we had three "almost playmakers" in midfield. That wouldn't work. With a normal leftwinger that doesn't run into the pitch, Lamouchi-Liverani could work. But I see them as the same type of player, and I don't know if it's a good thing to have two similar players doung the same job. Ideal would be Doni on the left, Lamouchi togheter with a hardworking midfielder in the middle and Marchionni on the right. That would mean enough both creativity and steel.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think it's important to have more than one or two players able to make plays. If you have a midfield with 3 or even four very good passers the play will be much more fluid and the opposition will be more confused as they can't double mark all of our "playmakers". Also, if one of them have a bad day the rest of the team can still function.

Personally I think it's this obsession in Italy that you must have at least one thug in central midfield is what makes the teams less competitive in Europe.

In my Lamouchi - Liverani vision I think Lamouchi should play slightly ahead of Liverani. Lamouchi could then make forward runs and Liverani feed the wingers and the attackers with his great long pass. He could hit a high ball for Sukur/Bona who then would head it down to either Di Vaio or Lamouchi in the center as well as hit a long ball on the ground for Di Vaio to run at. Or why not a nice long opening pass for either Doni or Marchionni on the wings? With this many good PLAYERS the attacking options would be countless. I also don't think we would risk too much defensively either as most of the midfielders would be able to defend as well as having a four man defence backing them up.

Then we could have this line as backup:

_Zapata_____Baronio_____Appiah_____Bresciano

Or something like that...

The main thing in my idea is that all midfielders should be very good with the ball. That would really help alot IMO. I mean, if you have Almeyda out there you basically lose one player when on the attack. His passing game is really not up to it I'm afraid...

·
Registered
658 Posts
I know what u are saying about an expensive flop but i don't think D'Allesandro would be a flop, as when we signed goth ortega and savo i was thkin why have the idiots done this .
But this guy looks really good :)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Aren't D'Allesandro & Ortega a similar kind of player, lightly built & unlikely to actually work in Serie A?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
He sounds like a good player on Championship Manager hehe, and is only 21, maybe 22 now.
But 12m does sound a lot for somebody who hasn't been proven in Serie A.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
enola said:
ak: but we can't afford another expensive flop. Sadly the climate in today's football doesn't allow a club to buy a expensive player who doesn't give instant result. Even if he's only 20 years old, he's painted as a flop if he doesn't get a keyrole in the squad in the first season. This is rediculous, but reality. When everybody lables you a flop it's hard to perform when you have the pressure to prove everything wrong. And the presidents seem to weak to give the players the time they need, and sell them when they get a decent bid to minimize losses.

We have to build a new team from less known and glamorous players, and when we have a well functioning team, THEN we can splash out big bucks on a supertalant to give us that last little extra that is needed to win trophy's.

But the most important is to get a coach for a longer period of time, one with a vision and a plan. After a few years this will give results. Look at what Houllier did with Liverpool for example. That is my dream for Parma.
I think you have sum up the problem right!:)
Especially in Italy there is a too big rotation of the players between the clubs and so no real "team" can grow.:(

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Verdi: I see what you mean, but I still don't think you can combine Doni, Liverani and Lamouchi in a 4 man midfield. Doni almost never end up wide to the left. He allways goes into the pitch. He's even rightfooted I think. This means that the leftback has to come up far up the pitch and provide the necessary width in attack. This leaves Doni, Lamouchi and Liverani in the middle. I just thinks it's to much. And since Doni almost never gets wide, Marchionni is the only player providing width, unless the leftback has had the time to come up. He will never in fast counterattack though.
But a Liverani-Lamouchi midfield with to wide wingers would be great I think. Someone fast like Jörgensen or Overmars on the left and Marchionni on the right. Both Liverani and Lamouchi could provide the longpasses to the sides and the one who doesn't provide the pass can provide the second wave in attack.

This would be a formation capable both of lethal superfast counterattacks, and attacking plays both from the wings and centre. Damn hard for a team to defend against.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I prefer two solid center midielders and attacking wingers. So you have a good balance. I want Lamouchi in the center, maybe with Appiah, or Appiah instead of Lamouchi if we sign Liverani.
Marchionni on the right, and what Enola said somebody like Overmars on the left.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Forget Liverani and play Appiah with Lamouchi instead.
Appiah is imo like Lamouchi and Almeyda in one person.
If he get´s the chance to play regurarly he will rock for sure:)

I kind of like the rumour which gives us Donati for Canna.
Donati was super for Atalanta and I´m sure we would see his real self again in a club like Parma.

Wasn´t Di Natale supposed to come as well?
Maybe he could be the answer for the left mid.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts