Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Wednesday (2030 CET) we play against the CL-contenders Sampdoria who recently won against Palermo-
We really need a win out of this home-match since we would probably go down the last 3 if we dont.

These are the called-up players from Gede Carmignani;

PORTIERI: Bucci, Frey
DIFENSORI: Bettarini, Bonera, Camarà, Cannavaro, Cardone, Contini
CENTROCAMPISTI: Bolano, Bresciano, Dessena, Morfeo, Olive, Savi, Simplicio
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Pisanu, Ruopolo, Sorrentino, Vignaroli

Formation guess:

Gilardino
Morfeo
Contini - Bresciano - Simplicio - Olive - Pisanu
Cannavaro - Bonera - Cardone
Frey

Cesare Bovo is suspended. I would like to see Olive instead of Bolano since Renato played pretty well yesterday.

Another solution would be this 4-4-1-1 formation:

Gilardino
Morfeo
Bresciano - Olive - Simplicio - Pisanu
Contini - Cannavaro - Cardone - Bonera
Frey

....but its not that it would change that much :D

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would rather play the 4-4-1-1. I don't feel comfortable with 7 at the back, let alone 3, in the league.

I really don't like playing Sampdoria, I fear they will beat us :(.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
A point will do, we still need 9 points I think, with 42 points you are save.
It's time Bettatini and Marchionni come back! Bresciano can play again, Bovo suspended (Farina got a 4 on the internet)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sampdoria will miss Catellini (suspended) and probably also Flacchi. Diana gets some rest....

I am afraid I have to agree, we must win! So frustring we can't make the difference on the pitch...... :wallbang:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
^^^^ Welcome :happy:

I hope you enjoy your stay, plus from the city Milano. Quite surprised there, I thought the city of Milan only had devils and intersitas, obviously there are some angels there too :angel: ;).

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
This is no fecking Prediction contest you :ass: .There is a thread about that if only you could take your time and look for it!!!

This thread is for gamtalk only!

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am so nervous for tonight, already looking forward to this match :happy:

We will play like this:

Gilardino
Morfeo
Bresciano - Bolano - Simplicio - Pisanu
Bettarini - Contini - Cannavaro - Bonera
Frey

I am wondering why Canna will play instead of Cardone...

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is all Baldinis fault, think about how bad we have been with him...

Serie A Preview: Parma-Sampdoria
4/19/2005 7:26:00 PM

Parma needs the 3 points if they do not want to slide into the relegation zone; Sampdoria wants to stay in the Champion’s League spots, so a good match and a hard fight for the victory is guaranteed.

BACKGROUND

Sampdoria had a moral boost as they won against their direct opponents Palermo after a controversial goal by Francesco Flachi. Palermo played better but the "Blucerchiati" had the luck of a great performance by keeper Francesco Antonioli and a referee (Rodomonti) who seemed to prefer a home win of Samp by giving them a very doubtful penalty in the last minute. Generally, Sampdoria is a very strong away-team, only Milan und Juventus got more points in away-matches. They are in good form as they took 19 points out of the last 10 matches and are now obtaining the 4th place in Serie A, which would allow them to reach the Champion’s League qualifiers. They surely want to get all the 3 points at the Stadio Tardini, but it will be hard.

Parma was brought down from their euphoric week after winning against Reggina and reaching the semi-finals of the Uefa Cup. The Emilia-side had a poor performance when they lost against one of their direct opponents Chievo 2-0 on Sunday. The match at the Stadio Bentegodi was very important for both teams but Chievo seemed to want the victory more then Parma. They didn’t create any chances and had to suffer the motivation and aggressiveness. At the end of the first half defender Cesare Bovo was sent off for his second yellow card and this complicated the match even more. After a defensive distraction of Giuseppe Cardone, Chievo-youngster Mattia Marchesetti scored his first goal in Serie A. Federico Cossato made the 2nd goal for the home-team as Parma did not have any good chances. Gilardino and Morfeo were too isolated and alone up-front and Simplicio had a very bad game. Only Frey, Contini and Olive played a good match. Parma desperately needs a win now, otherwise they could be in the relegation zone again. This year they have lost just two matches at the Tardini, against Milan (4.12.04) and against Bologna (22.9.04), so they have a pretty good home-record this season.

TEAM NEWS

Parma has Australian midfielder Mark Bresciano back, but Marco Marchionni, Damiano Ferronetti and Vincenzo Grella are still out with injuries. Cesare Bovo is suspended after his red card, Paolo Cannavaro seems to get his first-team spot. Stefano Bettarini seems to be back too after a knee-injury.

Giulio Falcone is out for Sampdoria for the rest of the season with a knee-ligament injury while Marcello Castellini will miss the match against his former team for a suspension.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Sebastien Frey (Parma)
The French keeper had some very good saves against Chievo and confirmed his good form. Against Sampdoria he will be important as they have some good strikers and dangerous midfielders like Flachi, Palombo, Diana and Rossini.

Francesco Flachi (Sampdoria)
He scored last Saturday from a penalty and scored in the match against Parma at home - also from the penalty spot. He is in good form and wants to help Sampdoria reach the Champions League with his goals.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Parma (3-5-1-1):
Frey; Cannavaro, Cardone, Bonera; Contini, Olive, Simplicio, Bresciani, Pisanu; Morfeo; Gilardino

Sampdoria (4-4-2):
Antonioli; Sacchetti, Zenoni, Pavan, Pisano; Diana, Palombo, Volpi, Tonetto; Flachi, Rossini

PREDICTION

It will be a very tough match, not many goals since Sampdoria has a strong defence and Parma almost plays with 5 defenders too. Parma’s motivation has to be higher though, if I add this to their good home-record I would go for a narrow home-win.

Parma 1-0 Sampdoria

Christian Salek

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=57678&idSez=16

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Will Bettarini definately start?

That's great if he will!

So whats wrong with Cardone? Maybe just tiredness .. if he was there instead of Canna that would be out best backline imo!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I've not been in Stoccarda, although I follow Parma AC sometimes abroad. In the past I've been in Wembley Stadium (vs. Antwerp), Amsterdam ArenA (vs.Ajax), in Copenaghen (vs.Arsenal) and in Moskow (vs.Olympic Marseille). For sure I'll be in Lisbon if we go there for the final! :cap:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Valdrin said:
This is no fecking Prediction contest you :ass: .There is a thread about that if only you could take your time and look for it!!!

This thread is for gamtalk only!
Valdrin baby.. :D no need to get riled up. ;)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts