Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma agrees terms with Inter Milan's Pasquale
tribalfootball.com - January 10, 2005

Parma have agreed personal terms with Inter Milan defender Giovanni Pasquale.

Pasquale is seeking a move away from Inter for first team football and has already held talks with Parma coach Pietro Carmignani.

Having struck personal terms, Parma are now waiting on Inter coach Roberto Mancini to decide whether he wants to hold onto Pasquale. :rollani:

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Two years ago I really wanted him playing for Squadra Azzurra.

He hasn't made any step forward since that time, he was rather crappy. I'd love to see our great and polite friendship with Inter FINISH! :fero:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that would be possible first new signing for our new director of sport?

but than again why we look only into juve inter milan reject lists, I`m sure there is future talents in foreign leagues as well for so much less $$$...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Pasquale has stalled the last couple of years but as you know Inter is hardly the right environment for a young player to do good. Frey and Ferrari were not bad for us, were they? ;)

Besides, we don't have a proper left back anyway, and Pasquale can also play as a wing-back. At best, he'll be an improvement and at worse we'll be left with what we already have (Contini and Potenza).

I think it's a good move. And we'll also have the chance to keep him if he does good.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I kind of disagree with you AMO. Sure, Inter is not a place to make youngsters into stars or something but this kid hasn't shown the slightest bit of developement ever since he got to play his first game for 2 years ago. He's stucked there.

But come to think of it I much rather prefer Potenza as CD as what he really is but I don't see Carmi putting away Bovo/Canna for Potenza.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I wanted someone experienced. Maybe Candela? A new boy won't make men out of the rest like we need... They must all grow up really fast if we are to make this one.

Hopefully this can move one of Bovo and Canna out of the starting XI somehow.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Pasquale is not THE reinforcement for defence. He's a left back, not a center back. We'll be getting another center back.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
I remember when he first broke into the Inter side and played in champs league, looks like a very reliable defender

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
looks like a very reliable defender
Haha :dielaugh: what an oxymoron;)

He is atleast a good signing,even he sucks at defending,his not worse then what you got now and the possibility of him improving is there.Though he's unreliable in defending,he sure has good offensive skills,unlike Potenza who doesnt an offensive bone.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
My first thought was - no! not him!

But if I think about it it would be a great move. If we go on playing with that 3-5-2 he would perfectly fit in our formation instead of Contini. And believe me, Pasquale is surely better than Contini.
I like that idea but we still need a defender and a central midfielder.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fresh option is Inter will use him in exchange for one of the Messina player, in any case maybe parma should offload some of the slackers from the team....

parma doesn`t have money for any serious buying so better wait till end of the season and start purchase serious players. In a mean time this young talented squad should suffice in remaining order of a season

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
But Gazella, we're trying to get players to survive. The club obviously has doubts whether the current pool of players can survive...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Our rivals strenghten with our latest targets :scream:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Siena offered Pasquale more for five months than what Parma would offer for a whole season.

That speaks volumes. Think about it. Siena?!?!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts