Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0-0 half time

We're playing well but Gervinho got a knock and taken off. I hope it's not something serious.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is crazy. We absolutely gave Roma a lesson in effectiveness, 2-0!!! :D

Kulusevski, Cornelius delivered as usual.. Gervinho was OK.

But Sprocati, and Hernani... Omg! Hernani has finally understood his role and his timing in his tackles..

I love gervinho, but sometimes it's like we're playing with 10 men with him out there. With sprocati we were balanced all of a sudden. I would wish gervinho to become an impact player in the future. A player you sub in when it's 30 min left.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
unreal, we never win against Roma. Wonderful result. Kulusevski, Hernani and Cornelius on form!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I remember it's almost 20 years that we won Roma, and the score is also 2:0.
After that it's difficult to beat them, especially Totti, I guess he has kicked most goals against Parma than any other teams.

通过我的 MI 9 Transparent Edition 上的 Tapatalk发言

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember it's almost 20 years that we won Roma, and the score is also 2:0.
After that it's difficult to beat them, especially Totti, I guess he has kicked most goals against Parma than any other teams.

通过我的 MI 9 Transparent Edition 上的 Tapatalk发言
Is that the one when Torrissi scored a screamer?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyway, i ended up looking for Parma vs Roma record. Our last win was actually in 2012 (the days of Amauri, Pabon, and Belfodil but not Giovinco). Ptior to that, it was in 2005 (the days of Gila & Simplicio). So, are we bound to win against Roma every 7 years 😅.

Side note. Looking at the lineup of 2004/05, I totally forgot that Renato Olive played for us, though it was only a half of a season

·
Registered
43,238 Posts
This is crazy. We absolutely gave Roma a lesson in effectiveness, 2-0!!! :D

Kulusevski, Cornelius delivered as usual.. Gervinho was OK.

But Sprocati, and Hernani... Omg! Hernani has finally understood his role and his timing in his tackles..

I love gervinho, but sometimes it's like we're playing with 10 men with him out there. With sprocati we were balanced all of a sudden. I would wish gervinho to become an impact player in the future. A player you sub in when it's 30 min left.
Same lesson you gave Inter recently. ;)

Only watched the 1st half of the match (mainly to see Kulusevski's impact)...fairly subdued but it seems like he came alive for the 2nd half.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Checked online from around half-time waiting for Roma to score.... Suitably elated with this result, seems the team are repeating last year's performance, though picking off other unexpected targets. Still some way to go to safety and given what happened last year in the second half of the season, and the insane injury list feet remain planted firmly on the ground....

·
Registered
40,301 Posts
i've just watched a full highlights for this match, Parma is on fire this season and we may see the team reserve a place in Europe for next season. a decent won for the Boys among an amazing atmosphere inside the stadium

congrats guys.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
yes, feet firmly on the ground. We have an ugly injury list (Inglese, Grassi, Gervinho, Karamoh)

·
Registered
170 Posts
If parma can hold onto Cornelius, revive Inglese, move gagliolo to become a center back, get a deputy pezzella (DiMarco? ) , hold on to darmian.. With maybe at least one quality center back and one midfielder.. We're talking top 10.

When we finished 6th we had an amazing squad.. Mirante, Paletta, Cassani, Molinaro, Gargano, Parolo, Amauri, Cassano, Biabany..

Were not when close to that today, but we're on our way. We have Kucka, Gervinho, Kulusevski, Cornelius.. That's it. I don't count Bruno Alves or Sepe..

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
If parma can hold onto Cornelius, revive Inglese, move gagliolo to become a center back, get a deputy pezzella (DiMarco? ) , hold on to darmian.. With maybe at least one quality center back and one midfielder.. We're talking top 10.

When we finished 6th we had an amazing squad.. Mirante, Paletta, Cassani, Molinaro, Gargano, Parolo, Amauri, Cassano, Biabany..

Were not when close to that today, but we're on our way. We have Kucka, Gervinho, Kulusevski, Cornelius.. That's it. I don't count Bruno Alves or Sepe..
I'd say our current squad is better overall (our forwards for sure). I still remain unconvinced with Sepe - but he is getting better game by game.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'd say our current squad is better overall (our forwards for sure). I still remain unconvinced with Sepe - but he is getting better game by game.
I agree. I just don't like Sepes "fake confidence attitude". Yeah he is improving. But I mean after one game with fratalli against roma, I felt confidence. The same with mirante.. I just felt it.

Sepe is decent and maybe even underrated. But it's just sometimes he can let in the simplest of goals.. And I've never seen him do this super save.

Hopefully he will get replaced by mirante who at least got 1-2 seasons in him

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I agree. I just don't like Sepes "fake confidence attitude". Yeah he is improving. But I mean after one game with fratalli against roma, I felt confidence. The same with mirante.. I just felt it.

Sepe is decent and maybe even underrated. But it's just sometimes he can let in the simplest of goals.. And I've never seen him do this super save.

Hopefully he will get replaced by mirante who at least got 1-2 seasons in him
I don't want Mirante back tbh. He was great for us in the past, but that was the old Parma. I'm all about moving forward. I'd like to see him return in a coaching capacity maybe.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Cornelius seemed to pull up with a hamstring injury against Ireland on Monday. Hopefully nothing serious. At this rate we may need to put Alves up front...

Regarding Sepe having never completed a super save, that reflex from the Kolarov freekick follow up was pretty good!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yeah, we have moreorless no forwards available for Bologna due to injuries. Might need to throw on Adorante or something

1 - 20 of 20 Posts