Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never started a match thread in my life, so no better time like now. The start of our first Serie B season for a very long time, and hopefully the last one for a very long time. So our time has come!!! We are favourites to win the league according to lots of people. For some reason, i am really looking forward to the start of this season.... It could be that I could witness our first away win in over a year!! Pre-season has gone ok, but now it's time to get serious. We need Mariga, Morrone and Pisanu to be at their best. A lot of our season depends on these 3. Fingers crossed and if anyone is going to be there, let me know, as i would like to meet some of you guys!!

The Lega still hasn't decided when this game will be played, because of money issues with the TV rights. It could be played friday night or saturday afternoon!! As always, everything is left until the last mintue out here.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Good post :thumbsup:

Not an easy game first up, Daniele Vantaggiato will have to be stopped, but with Mariga in our team I am confident. We have to win this to get the season off to a good start.

Prediction: 2-0 Reginaldo and Leon

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I hope you will bring luck to the whole season Solo.:hopeful:
From what i saw yesterday we are No1 favorites to win the league according to some betting companies.
I hope we will win the first match of the season after the long history of draws we have in recent years.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I am very curious to find about the tv rights since I dont know yet whether I can follow Parma this season or not...
I wanted to go Parma but nobody is coming with me, so I wont be there :(
Anyway, I expect a win but fear a draw, since we always draw the first one :D

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Last year Serie B was only on Saturday, but it always changes because of the TV rights...but I think Saturday is still more likely...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matches are expected to be played on saturday...... BUT (there is always a but) if the clubs don't get decent enough money from the tv rights deals, they may force all the games to be played on a sunday.... which is what lots of fans want anyway, because in italy traditionally football is on a sunday afternoon!!! But if money is ok, then serie B will be played on saturday afternoon, with 1 game played on friday night and sometimes 1 on monday aswell.... Just shows that money talks!!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Sorry guys, but I have been busy with other things this summer and haven't really been following our preseason. I'm looking forward to this season a lot though.

Is the normal formation 4-4-2? Is Leon a forward or a winger? Who will partner Lucarelli up front? Who will play next to Morrone? Mariga or Budel?

All in all I think our team looks pretty good. Much better than I expected. I also expect a much better Lucarelli this season.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
i too am excited, i think we will line up 4-4-2. but like verdi, i'm not sure where leon plays best.

i expect this...

Kutuzov - lucarelli
Leon - morrone - mariga - pisanu
Castellini - lucarelli - paci - troest
pavarini​

i think kutuzov will keep his pre season position, reginaldo could replace pisanu, Rossi could get in at center back and zenoni at right back.

i think pavarini in goal but i guess pegalo could play.

Forza Parma

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I'm excited about this season but pretty scared...... Serie B is long and tough, and we have no width and dodgy goalkeepers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't know why you guys keep saying Pavarini is a dodgy keeper... He played a few games last year and he was always solid when he came in... Give a run of games and im sure he will prove you guys wrong!!

He could even play like this. Or just play Kutuzov up front with Luccarelli. I think with Leon near Lucarelli, it gives us more options

Luccarelli
Leon
Pisanu (Antonelli) Morrone Mariga Reginaldo
Castellini Lucarelli A. Paci (Rossi) Zenoni (Troest)
Pavarini

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Ya that looks good, I would play the following slightly different formation:

C. Lucarelli
Pisanu - Leon - Reginaldo
Morrone - Mariga
Castellini - M.Rossi - Paci - A. Lucarelli
Pavarini​

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Ya that looks good, I would play the following slightly different formation:

C. Lucarelli
Pisanu - Leon - Reginaldo
Morrone - Mariga
Castellini - M.Rossi - Paci - A. Lucarelli
Pavarini​
Nice team :thumbsup: I would just swop Troest for Lucarelli at RB. That team will surely be able to dominate Serie B. In fact that could be a mid-table Serie A team.

I hope that the games will be on Sunday as I won't be able to watch the games or follow the scores on Saturday. I have always associated Italian football with sunday anyway.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Friday and Saturday are always unavailable for me so I doubt I will be active in match threads often this season unfortunately.
Hopefully someone can get the highlights up for a Sunday.

Rimini seem to have some decent players, so given our usual first game of the season I predict a 1-1 result.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
OMG I cant believe we start the season in only 3 days....and still not sure whether I will be able to see something or not :D

·
Registered
569 Posts
We must score early!I hope that C Lucarelli is good prepared for the game and ofc I expect from morrone a good 25 yard goal. :)

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Wow 2 days to go.... but unfortunately i won't be able to be here on Friday evening :(

Rimini in my opinion is one of the strongest team in Serie B
I predict a draw from the first game (our tradition)

1 - 20 of 121 Posts