Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised no one has started this thread yet. I guess every body is still happy from winning the scudetto. (By the way thank you Mickey for closing those threads!!;)
Anyways..the question I ask myself is who should start the game. Since the semi finals Lippi has been saying that the B team deservesd to play those games because they were the ones that got us there in first place. Now that serie A is over, do you think he will play the A team?
I would go for this formation:

______________Buffon________________
Thuram_____Ferrara___Iuilanio___Montero
______________Tudor_________________
__Zambrotta________Nedved_______Davids
_______Treseguet_______DP_________

Sorry no sympathy for Parammati, Amoruso, Birrindelli and Carinni!:ass:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Hey Sid no problem.:)

Bad news on the injury front, both Nedved and Tudor have been ruled out with injuries.:(

A reminder that this game is played on Friday, kick off 20:45 local time.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i predict to win 0-1...the goal by zenoni...;)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We must beat them...that is all I want to say:D
AS usual, bribes are acceptable:D

COME ON JUVENTUS, BRING US ANOTHER TROPHY!:):D:cool::strong:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Forza Juve ...We win the Cup..and we'll surpass my other Team that I like so much ... Real Madrid....
Will Salas even be in the bench ?? Would anyone here know that ??

Thxs ;)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I AM SURE THAT WE WILL HAVE BOT TITLES...:)

·
94,487 Posts
Italian cup final fixture

Playing on Saturday, May 11:
Parma v Juventus

First leg: Juventus won 2-1

;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well- like so many other matches this season- most of the team will be selfexplanatory because of injururies- that is if Lippi decides to put in the strongest lineup which I hope he will.

Tudor, Nedved, Maresca and Pessotto are out with injuries, while Iuliano may be out.

So...

_________________Buffon__________________
Zenoni_____Thuram______Ferrara______Montero
________Tacchinardi______Davids____________
__Conte_______________________Zambrotta__
_________Trezeguet______Del Piero__________

..another possibility is playing DP as trequartista of course, but I don't know if Lippi will be "into" that, with us leading 2-1.

Let's do the double :D . It will be the cherry on a weird season that looks like ending on an absolutely thriumphant high.

Brilliant- let's go lads.

Ciao.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i doubt Lippi will field the strongest team coz i don't really think he wants to take the heat from national coaches if any of their prized assets get injured...i am sure Salas is going to get some playing time and with him, Zalayeta and Amoroso upfront, i think we can trouble Parma...in the middle Davids and the whole pack that is not going to the world cup, i wish Neddy was available

anyway, first team or not, i think we will do the double...What a season:D :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Coppa Italia Final RTN Preview: Parma-Juventus
Parma - Juventus | News Archive

Juventus' striker Marcelo Zalayeta (Allsport)
05/09/2002. Parma-Juventus

AT STAKE

The final act of the 2001/2002 season will take place on Friday evening at the Tardini stadium, where Parma and Juventus will face each other in the second leg of the Coppa Italia final.

The unpredictable Serie A finale gave this match a different meaning for Juventus. The Bianconeri would have been much more determined if they didn't win the Scudetto, so their attitude could be an unknown.

The hosts, who must try to bounce back from the 2-1 defeat of the first leg match, are in a much different situation. The national Cup is the only way for the Emiliani to sweeten a disappointing season: Parma were expected to fight for the top positions, but soon they struggled and spent most of the season in the bottom part of the Serie A ranking.

TEAM NEWS

-Parma: just like in the first leg match, the Gialloblù will miss suspended skipper Fabio Cannavaro, who is supposed to join the Bianconeri next season. Boghossian, Bolano, Djetou and Sukur will also be sidelined with injuries, but coach Carmignani will recover the team's topscorer, Marco Di Vaio, who missed the Delle Alpi clash.

Probable line-up (3-4-1-2): Taffarel; Ferrari, Sensini, Benarrivo; Diana, Micoud, Lamouchi, Junior; Nakata, Bonazzoli, Di Vaio

-Juventus: the guests will miss Czech forward Pavel Nedved, who is suffering from muscular troubles. However, Juve will be boosted by the recovery of Marcelo Salas: the Chilean striker, who got injured last October 20th, will start from the bench. Just like he did in all of the previous Coppa Italia matches, coach Lippi will hand a chance to many of his second string players. Carini will relieve Buffon between the posts, while Amoruso and Zalayeta will form the offensive couple.

Probable line-up (4-4-2): Carini; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti; Zenoni, Conte, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Zalayeta, Amoruso

-----------------------

ROAD TO THE FINAL

Juventus
1/8 finals: at Sampdoria 2-1 – vs. Sampdoria 5-2
Quarterfinals: vs. Atalanta 4-2 – at Atalanta 1-2
Semifinals: at Milan 2-1 – vs. Milan 1-1

---------------------

Parma

1/8 finals: at Messina 2-0 – vs. Messina 1-2
Quarterfinals: at Udinese 1-1 – vs. Udinese 0-0
Semifinals: vs. Brescia 2-0 – at Brescia 1-2

PLAYERS TO WATCH

-Juventus: Marcelo Zalayeta. The Uruguayan striker was simply awesome in the first leg match, and Parma's defenders were in no way capable of stopping him. This match represents another huge chance for him to secure himself a place in next season's roster…

-Parma: Marco Di Vaio. Parma need to score, and Di Vaio's comeback (he missed the first leg match due to an injury) could be fundamental in this view. Furthermore, this will likely be his last appearance in front of Parma's fans, so I expect him to play at his best.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

The lack of pressure and the result of the first leg match will be two major allies for Juventus. Parma might be more "hungry" than Lippi's men, who have spent most of the week celebrating the Scudetto, but Lippi and the players repeatedly stated that they want the double, and I expect them to show this determination right after the starting whistle. I can't see Parma defeating an super-confident opponent.

Parma 1 Juventus 1

soccerage

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i think rampulla should start as captain, he deserves that and more.

he's not that bad and i feel that we would win with him in goal.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I think all Italian NT players should not play in this game.
So my line-up is:

GK: Carini
Def: Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti :D
Mid: Zenoni, Conte, Tacchinardi, Davids
Att: Trez, Zalayeta

A draw is fine w/ me :D

·
Registered
355 Posts
LIPPI LOOKING FOR DOUBLE
Juventus coach Marcello Lippi is looking to complete the domestic double when they visit Parma in the second leg of the Coppa Italia final on Friday night.

Lippi is hoping his players can add more silverware to the Scudetto shield they won in dramatic fashion at the weekend.

Juve landed their 26th league title by overhauling leaders Inter Milan with a 2-0 win at Udinese.

Lippi told the official club website, www.juventus.it: "A win would turn this difficult and beautiful season into an exceptional one."

Should Juve win, it would be the first time they have claimed both trophies in a season since 1960.

Lippi added: "I am certain that the players will be ready and hyped up for this final and they will be confident after winning the Scudetto."

Juventus have a 2-1 lead from the first-leg at the Delle Alpi thanks to goals from strikers Nicola Amoruso and Marcelo Zalayeta.

However, a late goal from Japanese midfielder Hidetoshi Nakata has given Parma hope, especially with home advantage.

Lippi will have four players unavailable for Friday night's clash.

Czech midfielder Pavel Nedved is out due to a fever, whilst Croatian defender Igor Tudor has undergone a right ankle operation.

Gianluca Pessotto and Enzo Maresca are also missing.

On a positive note, Chile international striker Marcelo Salas, who has been out for almost the entire season with a knee problem, will be on the bench at the Tardini stadium.

Parma will be looking to finish a largely disappointing season on a high by winning their third Coppa Italia.

Coach Pietro Carmignani said on the club's official website, www.acparma.it: "I have lived through a lot of tension (this season) but I am only thinking of Friday's match."

Midfielders Alain Boghossian and Jorge Bolano, defender Martin Djetou and striker Hakan Sukur have all been ruled out due to small injuries.

Parma will also be without key defender Fabio Cannavaro because of a one-match ban.

"It is a blow, because Fabio is a unique player but we have a good squad," said Carmignani.

Gialloblu striker Marco di Vaio will be looking to make up for the disappointment of missing out on Italy's World Cup squad.

"To score the winning goal would be the highlight of a season that personally has given me so much. To give this to the Tardini fans will be a dream come true," he said.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Coppa Italia Final RTN Preview: Parma-Juventus

Juventus' striker Marcelo Zalayeta (Allsport)
05/09/2002. Parma-Juventus

AT STAKE

The final act of the 2001/2002 season will take place on Friday evening at the Tardini stadium, where Parma and Juventus will face each other in the second leg of the Coppa Italia final.

The unpredictable Serie A finale gave this match a different meaning for Juventus. The Bianconeri would have been much more determined if they didn't win the Scudetto, so their attitude could be an unknown.

The hosts, who must try to bounce back from the 2-1 defeat of the first leg match, are in a much different situation. The national Cup is the only way for the Emiliani to sweeten a disappointing season: Parma were expected to fight for the top positions, but soon they struggled and spent most of the season in the bottom part of the Serie A ranking.

TEAM NEWS

-Parma: just like in the first leg match, the Gialloblù will miss suspended skipper Fabio Cannavaro, who is supposed to join the Bianconeri next season. Boghossian, Bolano, Djetou and Sukur will also be sidelined with injuries, but coach Carmignani will recover the team's topscorer, Marco Di Vaio, who missed the Delle Alpi clash.

Probable line-up (3-4-1-2): Taffarel; Ferrari, Sensini, Benarrivo; Diana, Micoud, Lamouchi, Junior; Nakata, Bonazzoli, Di Vaio

-Juventus: the guests will miss Czech forward Pavel Nedved, who is suffering from muscular troubles. However, Juve will be boosted by the recovery of Marcelo Salas: the Chilean striker, who got injured last October 20th, will start from the bench. Just like he did in all of the previous Coppa Italia matches, coach Lippi will hand a chance to many of his second string players. Carini will relieve Buffon between the posts, while Amoruso and Zalayeta will form the offensive couple.

Probable line-up (4-4-2): Carini; Thuram, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti; Zenoni, Conte, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Zalayeta, Amoruso

-----------------------

ROAD TO THE FINAL

Juventus
1/8 finals: at Sampdoria 2-1 – vs. Sampdoria 5-2
Quarterfinals: vs. Atalanta 4-2 – at Atalanta 1-2
Semifinals: at Milan 2-1 – vs. Milan 1-1

---------------------

Parma

1/8 finals: at Messina 2-0 – vs. Messina 1-2
Quarterfinals: at Udinese 1-1 – vs. Udinese 0-0
Semifinals: vs. Brescia 2-0 – at Brescia 1-2

PLAYERS TO WATCH

-Juventus: Marcelo Zalayeta. The Uruguayan striker was simply awesome in the first leg match, and Parma's defenders were in no way capable of stopping him. This match represents another huge chance for him to secure himself a place in next season's roster…

-Parma: Marco Di Vaio. Parma need to score, and Di Vaio's comeback (he missed the first leg match due to an injury) could be fundamental in this view. Furthermore, this will likely be his last appearance in front of Parma's fans, so I expect him to play at his best.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

The lack of pressure and the result of the first leg match will be two major allies for Juventus. Parma might be more "hungry" than Lippi's men, who have spent most of the week celebrating the Scudetto, but Lippi and the players repeatedly stated that they want the double, and I expect them to show this determination right after the starting whistle. I can't see Parma defeating an super-confident opponent.

Parma 1 Juventus 1

·
94,487 Posts
However, Juve will be boosted by the recovery of Marcelo Salas: the Chilean striker, who got injured last October 20th, will start from the bench. :happy::excited:

Forza Juve....Forza Matador !!!!!!!!!!! :smileani:

·
94,487 Posts
USA Live TV Coverage

In the US the game can be seen LIVE either on FSW or FSWE @3:00PM Eastern Time today.

:happy:

I'll be getting home..just in time for kick-off time !!!

:excited:

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Here's the team:

Carini, Birindelli, Ferrara, Montero, Paramatti; Zenoni, Conte, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Zalayeta, Amoroso.

FORZA JUVE!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts