1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Channel4:
-----------------------------------

Parma "could go bust on Dec 31"

Parma director general Patrick Nebiolo has confirmed that the club could go into liquidation on Dec 31 2003.

“The club’s losses must be covered and the Capital increased during the shareholders’ meeting,” announced Nebiolo on ‘Radio Radio’.

“Parmalat are unable to introduce fresh funds, but they can convert credits into Capital. If that doesn’t happen, then the alternative is liquidation.”

This is a crisis point for the Gialloblu, as the football club risks going under along with majority shareholders Parmalat.

Nicknamed the ‘Italian Enron’, the dairy giants were today declared insolvent after £2.6bn went missing from their bank accounts.

President Stefano Tanzi and patron Calisto Tanzi are under investigation for fraud as one of the giants of Italian industry crumble.

“The Tanzi family remains a central focus for us,” continued the director general, “so obviously the players felt the effects of this disaster.”

“The city has already shown it is close to this club and there could be new investments from local banks and businessmen, but this can only be discussed after the increase in Capital.”

AC Parma are currently running at a loss above the legal limit for football clubs in Serie A and must take drastic action in the next shareholders’ meeting on Dec 31.

After Fiorentina were declared bankrupt and Lazio almost went down along with majority shareholders Cirio in a similar situation, we could see another Italian giant collapse due to financial problems.

The situation could deteriorate further, as Bologna President Giuseppe Gazzoni Frascara has announced plans to sue clubs with unbalanced books.

“Anyone can make a winning team if they don’t pay their players,” snapped the Rossoblu chief.

If the Federal Court accepts this appeal, then clubs who are running at a marked loss – such as Roma and Lazio – could be docked points

-----------------------------------

Ooops... :(

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
That reminds me of the situation in Lazio earlier this year. I hope you will manage to survive.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Where is all the Tanzi-lovers now???

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Professor X said:
Where is all the Tanzi-lovers now???
Still here...:D

Hmm...another Nebiolo lie...:groan: His statements change on a weekly basis now...:confused: :groan:

Lets see how this unfolds...:)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Why is only channel 4 covering the story surely they didn't get a scoop or exclusive. :confused: They always get their info from a third-party. :confused:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Lets all sing it together, surely we can unite on this one

"Tanzi, we fúcking hate you
Tanzi, fúck off"

Nice & simple, but straight to the point:D

God this is incredibly incredibly depressing

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
friggin muppets....even quickfire sales wont help this time around...all you can hope is some consortium from the city people comes in and helps out

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
This would be the most devastating news, I had ever heard if we go down.

Please, please, don't let it be ..

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
husain_14 said:
friggin muppets....even quickfire sales wont help this time around...all you can hope is some consortium from the city people comes in and helps out
People in Parma doesnt seems to be so intrested in the team for the moment..:(

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Well after reading different articles...it seems nothing can be done till after 31st because only Parmalat can fund the club till then any other funding will have to be after 31st of december.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
The Tanzi took us up and made us a world-class team. Now they are going to take us down with them..:(

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Even if we do go down, and we go down, and down, and end up in the lowest division, I want to know, how many REAL fans will still stand up and say "yeah I support Parma!". Cos' I sure as hell will be one of them.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Professor X said:
The Tanzi took us up and made us a world-class team. Now they are going to take us down with them..:(
Maybe...we have to see who comes into help after 31st. Nebiolo a man who I distrust at the moment as far as his statements go has said there are a number of people interested lets hope he isn't trying to comfort no one.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Even if we do go down, and we go down, and down, and end up in the lowest division, I want to know, how many REAL fans will still stand up and say "yeah I support Parma!". Cos' I sure as hell will be one of them.
Acid test...:D

I'm Parma for life...no matter what so I'm not changing team and if Parma no longer exist then I won't support another Italian team. Except for the clubs that I have sympathy with e.g. Palermo and Empoli. :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
GaGa said:
Maybe...we have to see who comes into help after 31st. Nebiolo a man who I distrust at the moment as far as his statements go has said there are a number of people interested lets hope he isn't trying to comfort no one.
Who would be intrested in buying a team that comes from a such small town as Parma..I hope its true but we will never see the glory days of 90`s...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Doesn't matter of the town, we ARE a BIG club, and there should be some fluffy hat wearing man from Eastern Europe to buy us.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
We used to be a top club and not big. We now we are more of a middle club a la Bologna, Udinese..We were never a big club and never will become one.:(

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Did we finish 9th in the league last year? Are we ninth in the league so far this year? I consider us the 5/6th best team in the league, and a few years back there were the "7 sisters of Italy".

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Did we finish 9th in the league last year? Are we ninth in the league so far this year? I consider us the 5/6th best team in the league, and a few years back there were the "7 sisters of Italy".
Yes. We were a top club last season but still we aren`t a big club. Milan, Juve and Inter are big clubs for example. As it seems now we are like Bologna etc etc because of the loans and stuff like that.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Parma are still 6th/7th best club until we stop getting into the top 8 will won't be at the same level as Bologna or Udinese, who have only done well in recent years. But look at Bologna and Udinese, they are bound to be stripped of their jewels in the summer seeing as Pizzaro is going most likely Pinzi is being sniffed out and I'm sure just like at Parma the udinese players have their prices. :)

I think we are a top light heavy-weight or top middle weight still in Serie A.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts