Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday 16th May 2002

Parma are set lose midfielders Matias Almeyda and Johan Micoud over the summer.

Paris Saint-Germain coach Luis Fernandez has confirmed he wants Almeyda, who is with Argentina's World Cup squad, on loan. He said of the 28-year-old: "We cannot afford the transfer but as far as a loan is concerned, anything is possible."

PSG had played Mikel Arteta in midfield last season, but the Spaniard, who was a loan signing from Barcelona, is set to leave to join Rangers. Fernandez added: "Arteta's departure must absolutely be compensated."

As well as losing Almeyda, who is reported to be keen to join the Paris club, Parma could be without Micoud too. The midfielder, who has played a bit-part role since joining from Bordeaux two years ago, has two more years on his contract.

But the France midfielder has urged the Italian side to drop their asking-price for him and let him go. He said on Thursday: "Parma are asking for £5 million for my transfer, but I hope the price will come down.

"I have nothing precise for the moment and I am still looking for a club. Something might work out before the World Cup, or afterwards if I score a goal in the final.

"England and Spain are my preferred destinations," he added after denying there had been any contact with Fulham or Aston Villa.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I agree AK. I think that we should not sell BIGGER stars until after the WC. Then if they play well we will get more money. But then if they play bad we get less :tongue:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I thought that Almeyda wa going to Atletico Madrid...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Apparantly Fenerbahce just signed Ortega, by buying both Parma's and Rivers 50% share in him.
I think he costed them a total of $15 m, which means we get $7.5 m payed in three years. Not much, but atleast something :)
Almeyda is also close to Fener.

I didn't want to start a new thread (I hate starting threads) about the deal, so that's why I posted it here :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts