Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma director Andrea Baraldi revealed that new coach Giulio Cesare Prandelli would be paid according to his performance as the former Venezia boss was officially presented on Thursday.

Prandelli, who was sacked by Venezia in October, has signed a one-year contract with the option for a further 12 months and takes over from caretaker boss Pietro Carmignani.

He will work closely with technical director Arrigo Sacchi, much like his predecessor.

No specific salary-details were released, but Baraldi explained: "With our new coach we have started a new idea. We are offering him a contract without 'special' money.

"His income will be directly connected with our results. We'll go on with this new system and we will also offer the same kind of contract to all incoming players."

Prandelli, who has also coached Atalanta, Lecce and Verona, admitted that he was delighted to be back in Serie A.

"I take from Pietro Carmignani a good squad that won an important trophy at the end of a difficult season," he said, referring to the recent Coppa Italia triumph over champions Juventus.

"We have many good players and I hope to find in all of them a great love for their job and for the Parma shirt."

Sacchi was similarly upbeat and added: "We have signed Cesare Prandelli as we think he is the right coach to help the development of a group of talented, young players.

"I think we have the same views about football and the feeling that we have to communicate to the players."

Prandelli will hope to stay longer than the last man appointed as full-time coach, Daniel Passarella.

The Argentinian was sacked in December, just six weeks into the job, before Carmignani led the team to tenth place in Serie A and victory in the Cup final.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts