Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Phew. A good victory over a strong opponent, who seemed to put us in difficulty in the second half. I know victory is all that matters, but it certainly shouldnt be a nice sight of playing catenaccio against Bologna in the Tardini fro most time of the second half...

Whoever saw the game, could he give a match report and his views on our players one by one? Much appreciated.

Finally, thumbs up to the boys for this win, and especially to Hakan Sukur for his positive debut! Thank you Hakan, prove me wrong! :)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
It's amazing that we held on, I couldn't believe me managed to keep them out. I feel ecstatic, winning is what football is about, & I had forgotten how great it is:)

Now if only we can keep this up for the rest of the year & finish 6th bottom, I'll be in heaven:)

That's how high I am aiming:rolleyes:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
At least it is a start. 2-1 at the Tardini isn't exactly a god result, but at least we are still winning. The 2-0 loss to Inter was a bad result, at least half of the team was playing well during that match as opposed to 1/4 of the team or less during Paserella time here. I hope to catch the match tomorow, delayed.

Forza Parma!!!!!!!!

:D :cool:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
YES!!

I need a beer...

I watched the game and I'm exhausted. We played like a good team in the first half. Sukur will be very useful. Always in the right position. Was very close to have scored our first too but a Bologna defender beat him to the final kick. :)

But then. In the second. Bologna get that early goal and from that on we were in total and complete PANIC. It was alright until the last 15 as Bologna hardly created anything. But then. 3-4 very good chances for them to score. I was dead certain they would score a few times. Oh, my poor heart...

The players? Well, to be honest I was too busy shouting and screaming to notice... :D

Frey was his usual spectacular self. He saved us many times and can't be blamed for their goal. In fact, he made a tremendous save from a header but they then scored on the rebound from his save.

Cannavaro is everywhere. He fights like a lion. But sometimes I get a feeling that he wants to do everything. Maybe too much sometimes. He should calm down and at least try to have some faith in the players around him.

Sensini is absolutely necessary with his experience and calmness. He is a leader and boy did we need one tonight... He was pushed up in midfield to replace Boghossian when Djetou came on.

Sartor had an ok game I guess... He's fast and has good stamina. But maybe he lacks some ball control and passing... But that's no news...

Junior was very good. At least from what I could tell. He even came close to end the game 3-1 as well as making some vital challenges in defence.

Almeyda was also rather good. Had a few shots but never got really close. He was kind of right winger and thus can't be judged fairly.

Lamouchi wasn't as good as we know he can be but not bad either. A bit reckless in his tackles and could have been booked more than once. At one time I was afraid that he would get himself sent off. He was too fired up.

Boghossian is experienced and really fight but I'm afraid he either lacks match fitness or is too old. He's just not quick enough. Not tonight anyway...

Micoud is a clumsy looking genius. You think he's worthless but then he makes a brilliant pass. Definately a class player.

Di Vaio was looking very good tonight. Fast, good ball control. Maybe takes the wrong decision every now and then but overall I think he had a good game.

Sukur is going to be very useful to us. He's a bit like Micoud. When you least expect it he will score. I think both Sukur and Micoud should be starters.

Djetou, Torrisi and Marchionni was hardly visible even if Djetou did good to hold off Cruz on a long ball and Torrisi cleared the ball with some headers. Marchionni played just a few minutes but did well in wasting some time at the end of the game down at their corner flag.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
*drinking his much needed beer*

:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good Win

I posted here couple of times about some of you guys were in panic mode which is understanable. But Like I said before there are now 14 games left and there is no reason why Parma can not finish in top 10. Let's take it one game at a time. Glad to see Sukur had a positive influence today. If he gets the high crosses he likes he will do wonders with his head. Good win for Parma. I think Frey was very good today.

Cheers from Istanbul

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
*drinkin my much needed beer too + smokin some nice tastey natural goods*

What a win! altough it's been done in a 'Parma way' we got the 3 points anyway, and i just knew Hakan would pick up his goals soon, he is a ok player, not world class, but good enough, at least.. till the end of tha season...

Parma is back!:fero:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good win, but Falcone was inches away from spoling the party at overtime with a overhead kick.

Here´s my ratings:

Frey 6,5

Sartor 5,5

cannavaro 7,5

Sensini 6

Junior 6

Almeyda 6,5

Lamouchi 6

Boghossian 6

Micoud 5,5

Di Vaio 6,5

MOM: Definitly Cannavaro, I guess he really feels responsibility as captain to save us from relegation.

Sukur 6,5

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
The overhead kick incident became a free kick for us because the ref judged it reckless.

But they came close on Brighi's shot and the corner that followed. And before that the 17 year old Della something came desperately close to equalize. I almost had an heart attack.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I was very scared in the last minutes....But frey saved us;)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Good win for Parma;).

But for me i'm really happy for Hakan Sukur if his playing with the right tactics then he will surely get a couple of goals here and there;).I think all you Parma fans will be happy with buying Hakan Sukur by the end of the season because he is a very good player:).

I'm Not Turkish or anything but i have alot of respect for Hakan Sukur good luck to him hope he gets more goals in future matches;).

FORZA INTER

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
congrats, guys.. :) what a great win...i m happy for sukur...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
VERDI said:
I almost had an heart attack.
I´m happy that i made PARTY yesterday, so i couldn´t follow the match!:D :drunk: :jester: :tongue:
Today in the morning, i woke up and my head was still :confused: :drunk: :googly: , but i managed to stard my PC and look for the Parma result! Hell yeah! A win!:D :D :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Ratings from italian-soccer.com

Parma: Frey 6.5, Sartor 6, Sensini 6, F.Cannavaro 6.5, Junior 7,
Almeyda 7, Boghossian 6.5 (69'Djetou -), Lamouchi 6.5, Micoud 6.5
(85'Marchionni -), Sukur 6.5 (82'Torrisi -), Di Vaio 6.
(Taffarel, Benarrivo, Gurenko, Porcari).
CT: Carmignani.

Some really good grades... I wonder what they would have been if we had suffered an equalizer in the final minutes. Probably a lot lower. I don't think we were this good to be honest. Still nice though. :)

ps. Bonazzoli wasn't on the bench? :confuse:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
:)

This is probably our best win this season. I'm just so relieved we could win this when we desperately needed it. Feels great.

Parma for Lo Scudetto!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yeah, I've almost forgot how it feels to win. :)

Now I even feel good enough to be able to watch the other Serie A games... :happy:

·
Registered
859 Posts
Actually Verdi, I think the overhead kick was valid.
The ref pointed as if it was a freekick, but I dind´t hear the whistle and Frey put the ball as it was a goal kick.
It was a similar incident in the first half when Cannavaro fell. But I think it wasn´t a freekick that time either.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts