Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Parma goalkeeper was interviewed by China's biggest daily sports newspaper Titan Sports’ on Monday and their journalist explained that the team had a big following throughout the country. Wang Qinbo told acparma.com: 'Parma have a lot of Chinese fans and Frey is well loved, not just for his skill but also for his smile.'

Guys, I knew Parma was big in Japan but in China? Sounds great!:happy: Why not buy a good chinese player? That would make us even bigger. There is a lot of money there;)

Shanie and the other fans in Asia. Can you describe for us how big Parma is over there?:)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Yeah...the chinese are like teeny boppers...or groupies...:D

Lets not dilute the quality of Parma fans please...:stuckup:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AMOROSO! said:
Yeah right... Parma big in China. :rolleyes:

They love our goalkeeper for his smile... Jesus. :yuck:
AND skill!;)

Eyy, anything that brings money in to Parma and that gives us publicity is welcomed by me. :happy:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Shero said:
AND skill!;)

Eyy, anything that brings money in to Parma and that gives us publicity is welcomed by me. :happy:
Like the buying of Nakata? ;) :tongue:

He got us more fans...more money...:groan:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
So far in Singapore, I only managed to know Mindscape as another Parma fan.

In fact, Serie A is not popular here at all. So far from my group of friends, only one or two actually know who Marchionni is.

If u ask them about EPL, they can tell u a lot a lot..

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Even if you have a million of dilluted fans in East Asia, rest assured you will have a few hundred committed fans who will be left over when the craze dies down.

I supported Liverpool when they are big in Singapore (an English League Country) in the late 80s, they were successful then. But even if they declines and those glory hunters profess loyalty to Manc :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: , there are still a lot of Liverpool fans left over to continue to support the club through bad times.

So it isn't a bad thing for that to happen.

Most Asians tend to look for superficial quality as a basis for supporting something whether it is a football club or singer or whatever, but when they are into supporting, their fanaticism and knowledge of their adopted subject will be enviable.

Yeah I am a Chinese (racially) too... so I feel a little :fero: :fero: by your remarks Gaga. There are a few China people here in the forums as well. (mainly Inter Fans I believe). So better be careful there.

But its okie, semd some beer to my address. :smileani: :smileani:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
GaGa said:
Yeah...the chinese are like teeny boppers...or groupies...:D

Lets not dilute the quality of Parma fans please...:stuckup:
Just saw this msg.. Gaga, I dont understand what u mean by that. Are u saying that those Chinese fans, whom are indicated in the article, are not true Parma fans or are u saying that Chinese, in general, are not fit enough to support Parma??

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Relax JX, just tell him nicely...

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Parma is not that big (Beckham scale) in China, all he is saying is Parma have got a lot of Chinese fans, and at least in this forum there are at least 3 already. (but not living in China, although Shanie technically is :D :D :D )

And I am sure Parma have a lot of China Chinese fans too. Football is a big thing in East Asia and I won't surprised if there are many Ancona fans too. Of cos the more successful clubs tend to have the majority of the support, but Parma won't be too far behind.

The majority of Asian fans tend to put European Club sides ahead of Local club side and you can imagine the scramble by the club for new fans among the 1.5 billion in East Asia. Look below avatars of East Asian fans which one of us put a local Asian Club side next to our adopted European teams?

We have LOTS of Jerseys on Sale here selling like hotcakes! But the money won't go to the club, they are 99 percent pirated versions. (exception being Japan). But the Club can make money through sponsorship deals, far east tours and TV money.

Not too sure about Frey's smile though.... :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
Relax JX, just tell him nicely...
Oops.. So sorry.. I didnt know that I sounded angry in that msg.. I am not angry at all.. I think there is something wrong with my structure of the sentences..

:fero: Its difficult to get the emotion across in words, sometimes..

Sorry Gaga.. That was just a normal question.. :tongue:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Let's not underestimate the Chinese.

However, I don't think we have many fans at all in Asia. At least not compared to the bigger clubs. The guy was just trying to be nice.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
VERDI said:
Let's not underestimate the Chinese.

However, I don't think we have many fans at all in Asia. At least not compared to the bigger clubs. The guy was just trying to be nice.
I believe even bigger clubs do not have many fans in Asia. Teams like Barca, Juve or Roma do not have many fans in Asia, simply because they do not have David Beckhams or Michael Owens.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Jianxing said:
I believe even bigger clubs do not have many fans in Asia. Teams like Barca, Juve or Roma do not have many fans in Asia, simply because they do not have David Beckhams or Michael Owens.
Ok, now I'll underestimate the Chinese... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
VERDI said:
Ok, now I'll underestimate the Chinese... :tongue:
Although I am a Chinese, I do agree with you.. :D

But there are exceptions though.. Like Shanie, Mindscape and me.. There are a few others as well but just the minority.. Probably around 10%?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Jianxing said:
Although I am a Chinese, I do agree with you.. :D

But there are exceptions though.. Like Shanie, Mindscape and me.. There are a few others as well but just the minority.. Probably around 10%?? :rolleyes:
Yeah, if you support Parma you are obviously not really looking for glamour... :(

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Well, Shero, when you think of having a Chinese footballer at Parma, why don't you think of having a Chinese new club owner? ;) The owner of Kejian (the sponsor of Everton) was once rumoured that he wanted to buy Leeds...

And surely there are some good footballers from China, but I don't know much about them. How many of them do you people know? Sun Jihai? Li Tie? Yang Chen? :tongue:

Shero said:
Can you describe for us how big Parma is over there?:)
Parma is NOT big here in Hong Kong. I'm yet meet another local here who supports Parma like I do. And I have several experiences that people would look like this --> :dazed: or :confused: when I told them that I'm a fan of AC Parma. Some stupid boys might even ask if I know any players of the team (and then it would be me who gave this face --> :fero: ) or ask if I were just a fan of Fabio Cannavaro... once I almost wanted to kill someone, as he thought that I were a fan of Chievo (because of the colours) and said something like "didn't Parma disappear for good from Serie A?" (it was a year ago, so he didn't mean that Parmalat incident)

The most popular Italian club here is AC Milan. The 2nd popular ones should be between Inter and Juve (anyone wants to see a photo of me and a girl supports Juve? :howler: She's my ex-colleague). Parma is big?! :undecide: When? How? :eek: There isn't any discussions regarding to Parma on some HK sports forums!

BUT!!! We really have some fans who are devoted to some "less known" teams in Hong Kong. One of my good friends at uni supports West Ham. I knew a boy supports Middlesbrough. I saw a local boy wearing a Besiktas shirt... and I'm a big fan of Parma since the season of 1994-95. :D

In China, from what I have heard, Inter is the most popular among Italian clubs. Parma should be the 3rd or 4th popular there. Some seasons ago, some fans from China even started a fansite called www.parmacn.com but I couldn't find it anymore. If you people really want to know, I can try to ask my friends in China and see if they can tell me something.

BTW, saying that they like someone's smile is a compliment of someone they like. They say that for being polite and nothing else. I don't understand why some of you would react like that. No offence, but some of you seem to be a bit racist somewhere deep down in your hearts, as if people out of Europe were ignorant, could be fooled by "the smile of Frey" or the purchase of Nakata, and didn't have any idea of what is going on in the football world out of Asia.

Unlike what some of you think of the "poor, poor" Asia (other than the rich Japan), many of us also have money to pay for the satellite to see the live games from England, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, most of the important European cup games, games from Brazil, Argentina etc. The only problem is that we don't have enough time to see all of them. We know what is a nice football match and/or who are great footballers as much as you people do.

For your information, I don't feel Chinese, but I'm of Chinese origin like Jianxing and Mindy, my name on my documents is a Chinese one, and I happen to like the smile of some professional footballers as well. Am I not good enough to be a Parma fan then? :mad:

I've never lived in China, Mindy! :)

Talking about pirated shirts, I can't find a Parma one here. :tongue: Most of them are Real Madrid's ones (Beckham!). A friend told me that he saw some Parma ones (with and without Nakata's name) in Bali, though.

And Jianxing, how come you could believe that those that only care for Beckham and/or Owen are "football fans"?! :howler: Of course there are those that care for football AND any one of them at the same time, but the rest... I see it as a shame to relate us with such people! :groan:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.