Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wenger has reiterated the fact that Ray Parlour is not for sale. Parlour was reportedly the subject of a £5m bid from Sunderland earlier this week.

Barcelona presidential candidate Juan Gaspart has promised that, if he gets elected, he will sign Overmars and Petit for £32m. And Arsenal boss Wenger has admitted for the first time that he fears Overmars may leave. But he is convinced Emmanuel Petit will stay.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reid sees the highly-rated Parlour as the ideal man to fill a gap on the right side of midfield and if the player - who has been at Highbury ever since joining as a trainee - is not in the Gunners' starting line-up at the start of the season the situation may change

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Offcourse Wenger rather keep Petit then Overmars, He just love all his french men.
But I rather see overmars in arsenal next year then Petit because we allready got Vieria (how do you write his name?)
And Im not so sure Petit wants to be just a substitute next year to (and really he is to good to be that)
So keep Overmars and let Petit go , Petit is worthy to be in the start squad!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Driver: All this talk from the presidential candidates is bull****. One of them promised to sign Bekcham. Yeah Right. Don't beleive what they say.

DON"T LET YOURSELF EVEN THINK THAT OVERMARS OR PETIT IS LEAVING. IT WILL SIMPLY NOT HAPPEN. I am sick of talking abut this.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Arsene Wenger has blocked a £5m bid from Sunderland to sign Arsenal midfielder Ray Parlour.

With the arrival of Robert Pires for £6m and Cameroon international Lauren for £7m, Sunderland boss Peter Reid was keen to take Parlour Wearside.

But Wenger said: "Ray is not for sale. He is going nowhere.

"It is a real nonsense to even suggest that he is and we don't want to sell our English players."

Wenger said: "Yes, they were certainly interested but that doesn't mean we will let him go."

Parlour said: "It's nice to feel wanted.

"Arsenal are a brilliant club and I've grown up with them so it would be hard to leave.

"But you never rule out anything, especially if the club wants to sell you.

"It is out of your hands then. I have plenty to look forward to here, though, including the Champions League next season and I am raring to go again."

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bulldog, please don't get me wrong but I fell that the presidential candidate (J Gaspart) really meant what he said. Although I'm confused why he's interested in signing both of these players but just take my word, it will be difficult for Arsenal to keep these two players if he wins the election.

P/S: I personally disagree of the possibility of adding another Dutchman to Barca when we already have Zenden in his position.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Yeah , you got Zenden now but if you get Overmars then he will go faster then I dont know what :) to Lazio
I agree Bulldog , most of the president candidates promises is nothing more then bull****. They are like any politician in the world. First they promise all will get 1000 square kilometre green forest if you just give him your vote.
When he later will be the president nothing more then a green tree planted in a 10 metre big park will be shown.
And that park will be for the hole town! :)
You see what I mean right?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Din: but even if Overmars and Petit handed in transfer requests tomorrow, then Wenger wouldn't sell them BOTH to a champions league rival such as Barcelona. Besides, if Figo goes to Madrid, Barca need a new right winger, not a left one. Unless the coach starts F. De Boer, who is past his peak, on the right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts