Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, I've always been Park's biggest critic and I still don't believe that he should be a United player. Saying that, at the moment, I would far rather have him in the starting XI than Nani, which speaks volumes.

At least when Park has a bad game, you can use the usual excuse of his workrate bringing something to the side. When Nani (frequently) has a bad game, what excuse can there be? It would be okay if, for every bad game, he had a good one, but these days it's more like, for every good game, he puts in 5 absolutely atrocious performances. What was all that shit coming out after the Arsenal game about him being more confident and finding out who he is a player and that? What a load of utter, utter rubbish. The guy has the talent but is far too inconsistent to ever make use of such talent effectively.

Indeed, when Park is not only running a lot but playing (relatively) well, as he has been these past few weeks, it makes a mockery of having a sulking, ineffective Nani in the side. I'm not usually one to knee-jerk reactions, but this has been going on for a while. If we can find a club silly enough to shell out a decent amount of money for Nani in the summer, then we should have no hesitations about selling him.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
In form Nani >>>> park.

He has the capability to decide the games (example arsenal game).

But his is consistency is unbelievable. Against wolves, he came back from ban and he should be rearing to prove him self and try to put in a performance that will earn him a starting spot against Milan.

But no....he doesn't even try to beat the full back, mis places countless passes, loses the ball, moans about this and that......

Park on the other hand, even with his limited talent, does give his 100% every match. added to it, these days hes even doing well in terms of contributing to our attacking play.

I hope Nani gets his act together ASAP. other wise it will be very bad to see him left out in favor of other less talented players.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I don't think he played badly yetserday. He certainly wasn't helped by Berbatov, marking himself out of the game when Nani or Valencia had the ball, ready to cross it in the box. If Rooney or Owen had been playing up on their own yesterday, we would have been a lot more effective from the wings.

It was no surprise to me that one of our central midfielders got the goal, it wasn't going to come from anyone else. For someone with such an 'amazing footballing brain', Berbatov is thick as pig shit when it comes to making runs and making space.

Park was coming in field a lot yesterday, and he's been doing that a lot more recently. He's more dangerous there. Very intelligent player.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
LOL for that match yesterday, you defend Nani and criticize Berbatov? Bwahahahaha:D

As for Park I agree that with his cutting in runs, he has improved his threat in attack drastically.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
LOL for that match yesterday, you defend Nani and criticize Berbatov? Bwahahahaha:D

As for Park I agree that with his cutting in runs, he has improved his threat in attack drastically.
What can a winger do when the lone striker drops deep and marks himself out of the game when he's in the box? I'm not just talking about yesterday, Berbatov has form for doing it.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Park's been okay recently. In the cup final I thought he was excellent. Deserves the place that he'll be given on Wednesday.

Nani was just poor yesterday. Whether Berba dropped off too much or not doesn't matter when Nani's touch is poor or he's giving the ball away cheaply. Before his ban he was superb and I've got time for Nani, he's shown over recent weeks he's got the talent but that's not enough. He's got to apply himself and work hard evey game so even if he's not playing well he's giving something for the team.

I'm still hoping he'll achieve what he's certainly capable of.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Nani's mental state is erratic, he relies on a run in the team and little incidents such as his unfair red card against Villa can completely throw him off. We saw against AC Milan that it was a completely different Nani.

Most important thing is to keep playing him. Stick him on the right on Wednesday and move Valencia into the centre where he plays for Ecuador. It's either that or Gibson.

edit; Sell Nani? Give your head a wobble mate, And it's not 1 good game followed by 5 poor ones, he had a string of good performances before his red card.

He's a player worth persisting with, he's the best winger in England when on song as i've always maintained. Absolutely crazy to sell a 23 year old with so much potential let alone in Nani's circumstances.

13,358 Posts
Nice on JD. :D

I think his problem was yesterday that A) He's not that effective on the left... B) The right back Zubar was physically a lot stronger than Nani and the ref allowed a bit of aggression and barging into the game and he just bullied the fook out of Nani.

Having said that, the kid can and should do a lot more and V15 is right. He's not a Ronaldo who doesn't care what people think or how bad his previous performance was, and step onto the pitch with the same confidence every time.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Nani's hot streak came when he was playing on the right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts