Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thread is a tad bit early but it's good that we start this earlier then ever because it's a heck of a crucial game, the Champions League spot is on the line here darnit! :nervous:

Well, it's set to be a clash between CL challengers and relegation zone team. and I am sure Metz won't wanna leave Division 1 so they will do all that they can to survive, But we cannot let them do so! Not a chance in hell. Luiz Fernandez must let our players know the conciquences of not winning the next 2 crucial games. This game will be a home game at the Parc des princes if i am not mistaken but we will end the season with yes a nightmare one, it's gonna be against Lille. :depress:

Anyway, i must also add to this that i am concerned why Ronaldinho did not start the Marseille game and came off the bench very late? i hope our supports also boo Jay Jay Okacha because he is leaving this summer, hehe. ;)

Ok, Leboeuf i would greatly appreciate if you can give me the latest from Paris. Merci! :)

Allez PSG! :star:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Rankings after 33 weeks

01. - Lens 61 pts
02. - Lyon 60 pts
03. - Auxerre 57 pts
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > | Champion's League |
04. - PSG 55 pts
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > | UEFA Cup |
05. - Lille 52 pts
15. - Rennes 35 pts
16. - Metz 32 pts
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > | Relegation Line |
17. - Guingamp 32 pts
18. - Lorient 29 pts

Week 33
PSG - Metz
Monaco - Auxerre
Hints: I agree with Pat. Metz will be tough to cook. They're on equal points with Guingamp and they have to take points before their encounter with the bottom team Lorient. On the other hand, Auxerre are on a roll (still in the race, mathematically at least) and Monaco's bunch of has been don't make anyone scared anymore. Let's say that we should and we have to win, regardless of Auxerre's result.

Week 34
Lille - PSG
Auxerre - Rennes

Hints: Lille are just behind us. So once again, not easy! Hope my main man Bruno Cheyrou has a bad day. Let's hope they can't manage to beat Sochaux so that they can't reach our spot. Auxerre will win. They destroyed Rennes 0-5.

So, I'm kinda skeptical about that 3rd spot! I think it's over. :depress: But it ain't over till it's over off course! ;)

Pat, Luis Fernandez judged that Roni wasn't ready to face OM as traditionally, there is a lot of tension and it often ends in a general fight. Well, we missed him off course!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I think its a shame that we start without Ronaldinho some games!
It doesn´t mather wich game it is Ronaldinho should always be on the field!

my personal line up for PSG:

-----------------Letizi---------------

Cristobal----Déhu-----Pochettino-----Heinze---

--------------------Arteta-------------------

----Mendy------------Leal----------Leroy------

-----------------------------Ronaldinho---------

-----------------Ogbeche------------------------

I would prefer Laurent Leroy as a attacker if he is not injured!!!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rest of our season
I'm not sure about where you got the standings from Stephanho but Auxerre have 54 points because one of their matches was postponed against Sedan earlier this season due to rain and now they have played one game less then us meaning we are in danger although we still have the Champions League spot for now. Auxerre will clash with Monaco which is kind of a relief because they should drop points there but Deschamps has had such a bad season and fighting with Gallardo and stuff which gives us a little bad taste in our mouth and make me kinda scared. :devil:

PSG's linuep
Leboeuf, as far as the linuep goes, That linuep you like would get us killed. Sure, we would improve our defense with that sort of formation the 4-1-3-1-1 but you put so many players out of position. I've always been a fan of Eduard Cisse but Fernandez used two DMC's and because of the rumours about Arteta he's been pretty bad. Shame! :depress:

My favorite linuep for this year's PSG:
Code:
Letizi

Cristobal El-Karkouri Pochettino Heinze

Dehu (c)

Mendy                                   Okacha

Ronaldinho 

Ogbeche                 Aloiso

Luis Fernandez uses a long list of rotation systems so this year it's really never been like we've had a real starting linuep. Tihihihi. :D

Oh yeah, don't think i'm crazy because before all those rumours started to effect Arteta's football.. i'd put him on my linuep. ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leboeuf_81 said:

my personal line up for PSG:

-----------------Letizi---------------

Cristobal----Déhu-----Pochettino-----Heinze---

--------------------Arteta-------------------

----Mendy------------Leal----------Leroy------

-----------------------------Ronaldinho---------

-----------------Ogbeche------------------------

I would prefer Laurent Leroy as a attacker if he is not injured!!!

Dehu is not a CB. He's never been a real CB, IMO. Dehu is our leader in the midfeild, but he doesn't attack to much which for sure makes him our only true defensive midfeild. Mendy is a creative player who is gonna be a great player for our team for years to come but for some reason, Luis Fernandez has another player he keeps on the bench that i like very much and he goes by the name of - Eduard Cisse!

Eduard Cisse is an excellent player. He's had quite a few games under his belt atleast for a period of time like 5 games in a row and then he dissapeared, i am looking forward to seeing him back though! :hopefull:

Ogbeche can't work alone at all. Hillarious you mention Ogbeche even dreaming of working alone because he couldn't create anything with Ronaldinho and Aloiso helping him out when we got very few chances from the Marseille game. He'd struggle so bad, don't get me wrong he's a superb young Nigerian striker but Aloiso is a good player that will compliment Ogbeche very well. Let's wait to see if we also get Nicholas Anelka back next season. :angel:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
You need to check your sources, man! :D I am 100% positive about the standings I wrote. And it looks like this:

01. - Lens / 61pts 32mp 50gs 26ga
02. - Lyon / 60pts 32mp 58gs 31ga
03. - Auxerre / 57pts 31mp 42gs 31ga
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
04. - Paris SG / 55pts 32mp 41gs 23ga

We're fourth, two points behind with one game less to play. W've lost the third spot last weekend. As I told earlier, and although they don't have their destiny in hands, Auxerre can still win the title. Assuming they win all their 3 remaining games, at sedan to start --kinda difficult though, as Boumsong admitted; away from home, AJA is vulnerable!-- and that Lyon and Lens can't make better than a draw when they meet in the last day, then...

No really, let's face reality, winning our two last games is nothing we can be sure of. And even if we do, the gap might be too big. Let's cross fingers... :D

Onto your points...

Leboeuf - I can't do anything else but to agree with whoever wants Ronaldinho to be a starter. Why doesn't Luis want to use him more!? Please, let him not bulls!t us with the "he's not ready for it yet" excuse. He used to have guts but this season, he's acted like a chicken in his tactical choices... :irritate: Instead of attracting attention for his hot behaviour ( it's funny though :howler: ), he should stand out thanks to his coaching! If only the Brazilian had played as soon as the first whistle against Marseille! I heard Luis had a precise plan in mind: holding the score till the final 30 minutes, and then using Ronaldinho as super-sub. And once, it was the lacklustre and predicatble decision, the wrong decision. By chosing the careful way, we've lost many points no doubt about that! :eek:

Patrick - Don't know about Edouard Cissé. he's played 25 times in the championship this season but I don't know why he's not played more lately. Leboeuf knows, perhaps?...

As for Anelka, just forget that name as fast as you can. He'll leave 99% sure in my opinion. You must have heard of Canal+ economical problems that are clouding the French sky as the channel is in deep crisis. There's too much to write about it, the impact on PSG and the French championship... but I won't since it's kinda technical and boring. The thing is that we cannot count on Canal+ to put extra money on the table while we have debts of around € 50-60m. Therefore, Luccin, Distin and Anelka will probaly have to be sold in order to keep the balance clean.

As for my favourite line-up...
[4-3-1-2]

--------------------- Letizi ---------------------
Cristobal -- Pochettino -- Déhu -- Heinze
--------------------- Arteta --------------------
Mendy -------------------------------- Okocha
------------------ Ronaldinho -----------------
----------- Aloisio ---------- Leroy ------------

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. One thing that I notice about both Stephanho's and Leboeuf's linuep is that you guys have Frederic Dehu as a central defender which I completelly disagree. Dehu is a defensive midfeilder and he is being forced to sometimes play out of position because of Mikael Arteta. It's a shame. :eek:

Oh yeah, Let's not forget that El-Karkouri is also on the bench! I don't know why we just don't bench the captain as sad as it seems instead of forcing him to play out of position! :mad:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Patrick, Frédéric Déhu was a central defender with Lens when they won the championship and also with Barcelona where he was for 1 season (he maybe wasn´t a succes but anyway.)

Stéphano, we have pretty same lineup, but don´t you like Jérôme Leroy? I think he is a classy midfielder..working much, good passeur, and he can score too...

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Patrick - Along with what Leboeuf said (and that I fully second) about Déhu's position, I wonder why Mikel Arteta doesn't appear in your line-up. You can't be serious, right? That owes some explanations... :angel:

As for El-Karkouri, he' lost his regular spot and as much as I see talent in him, he must do more to be a starter. :eek:

Leboeuf - You know what? Call me crazy, :D but the "Leroy" in my line-up stands for Jérôme actually. He's versatile enough to play as striker. And since neither Alex, Fiorèse nor Ogbeche convinced me this season. He's not a target man but he can easily play as support striker, or secunda punta as they say in Italy.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Leroy as a striker? well maybe, but I prefer him as a midfielder!
the other Leroy (Laurent) is a classy attacker but as we all know he is injured...:depress: :(

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stephanho - I stick by my oppinion that Frederic Dehu is not a defender. I don't see how he can possibly be able to be a defender with the style of play he has, no chance in hell. He may have been a defender but i am sure he wasn't doing a good job. That's not my point, he can be a defender but heck you can make people like Ronaldo but the important thing is how he performs eh?

Mikael Arteta should start over him but read my post carefully, I said if Arteta plays the way he has been ever since the Rangers rumours have come then Dehu is much more effective. Mikael has been useless ever since those damn rumours, shame. :depress:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, we beat them 2-0. Auxerre tied their game with Monaco. ROnaldinho and Fiorese scored on our behalf and now we are one point away from the CL spot that Auxerre hold right now, so close yet so far, we'll see what happens.

Btw, we play Lille away this coming week. I'll check who Auxerre play later on too. :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Ronaldinho did some wonderful things with the ball this match!!!
and his goal was really good and wonderful!!!!!

as you say Fabrice Fiorése and Ronaldinho was our scorers and we are now only 1 point behind Auxerre & Cissé....

so we are going to Lille to win our last match, well that ain´t easy...

btw Auxerre is facing who in the last match??

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Roni was our Main Man ! :strong:

Did you see his trick near the penalty box on the first goal? He makes the ball roll under his right foot and goes the other way with it very quickly. I only saw this two times before: Roberto Carlos and Alessandro Del Piero.

Sweet... :tongue:

On the second goal, he showed all his pace, and technique !

It's gonna be very difficult to take that 3rd spot ! But hope is what dies last, right?...

Allez Paris ! :proud:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ronaldinho won't give up untill the last minute because of his Champions League dream, he wants to stay but he needs to have European compettition. :)

Roni is a big time player although his oportunity doesn't come that soon but he won't choke or anything and when you need him most, he'll sure as hell step up! :strong:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts