Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
funny, but i think Ferdinand is their only homegrown player in their starting XI.

if he could swap squads with us do you think he would still be worrying about this matter? :howler:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Really is this not the most redundant debate in the UK?

So many arguments can be made against such jingoistic rants, really where does one start?

How about the damn price of English players? Rooney whom did not want him? Sorry we could not afford him but at least no person can deny he is worth every single cent. Let face facts most English players are extremely overpriced be it Jenas 10 MP, Woodgate 15 MP, SWP 21 MP, Parker 14 MP etc etc

Excuse us but we're not a club with unlimited funds, nor do we want over-hyped players.

Youth system wise most of our players are English as are some of our best prospects i.e Gilbert, Muamba, Walcott, Jay Simpson etc

With that said if they do not cut than what is the club to do Play them anyway? Take Pennant the kid had the skills but no friggin discipline, the prat is still causing headaches for Steve Bruce. Sidewell not exactly the next Tony Adams, Bently to damn slow to cut it at Arsenal etc etc

I'm sure Newcastle fans would love to swap places with Gooners over the last decade despite our lack of English players.

·
63,337 Posts
Kolo is very much part of the soul of this club, i am every bit as proud of him as our past English players.

and the bloke that went and spoke to our bitter rivals behind our back, where did we get him from btw? i think we had him since he was 10 years old and he was born just down the road.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jern Lizardhous said:
Kolo is very much part of the soul of this club, i am every bit as proud of him as our past English players.

and the bloke that went and spoke to our bitter rivals behind our back, where did we get him from btw? i think we had him since he was 10 years old and he was born just down the road.
SPOT ON!

This whole foreign crap is getting as boring as hell, where would English clubs have been over the last dozen or so years without these "damn foreigners"?

To name but a few

Bergkamp
Cantona
Kanchelkis
Limpar
Hamman
Sloskaer
Stam
Henry
Solano
Ronaldo
Alonso
Schmeichel
Overmars
Viven Foe

etc etc etc

·
63,337 Posts
Rooney would kill the soul of the club anyway, we don't want any chubby pikeys going through the players valuables in the dressing room. ;)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Rooney would kill the soul of the club anyway, we don't want any chubby pikeys going through the players valuables in the dressing room. ;)

Never know who you'd find in the closet at Arsenal. :lala:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
arfy, seriously, nobody can afford Wayne Rooney right now.

He is so good at 20 and god knows what he'll develop into.

He has no price thats because he is priceless, now drop your shit.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
lame, just lame.
kolo is one of the best in thew world
ebou the same, im sorry but ive been amazed by how good this guy is, i mean ur 22 u shut out talents such as zz, robinho and so on.
cesc, rvp, blaa blaa
AW proved by getting walcott that if ur priced right hell get you.
English players are ridiculously overpriced, i mean ashton for 7 million?????
u could get kolo, rvp, ebou for that.

·
63,337 Posts
Twayka said:
lame, just lame.
kolo is one of the best in thew world
ebou the same, im sorry but ive been amazed by how good this guy is, i mean ur 22 u shut out talents such as zz, robinho and so on.
cesc, rvp, blaa blaa
AW proved by getting walcott that if ur priced right hell get you.
English players are ridiculously overpriced, i mean ashton for 7 million?????
u could get kolo, rvp, ebou for that.
Pardew is a fukin cock :thmbdown:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
"Arsenal have played nearly 700 minutes of football since an English player last appeared for them"

Yep, because we've not been playing Campbell and Cole as a matter of choice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Ridiculous point of view IMO and if the quote attributed to Taylor about it not being an "English success" is true that's even more stupid. :irritate:

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Pardew can go to hell. He is not worthy of licking Wenger's shoes. When he has won EPL titles, FA Cups then he can come and preach about English players.

He is typical of the little Englanders that live in this country, anything foreign is no good.

Pardew moves up the list of hated mangers by Arsenal fans:

1. Mourinho
2. Ferguson
3. Pardew
4. Jol (nice bloke but Spurs manager)
5. Bruce / Robson (ex Man Utd wannabees)

1 - 20 of 152 Posts