Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=369412&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Pards:+Dean+can+play+Roo+role

Dean Ashton could yet have a chance of gatecrashing England's World Cup squad because he can operate in a similar role to Wayne Rooney, according to Wet Spam manager Alan Pardew.

The former Norwich City star has been an instant hit at Upton Park and his latest goal, in the 2-2 draw with Everton last weekend, came in front of England coach Sven Goran Eriksson, who was in the stands.

Pardew believes there are not many English strikers around who can drop off the main striker.

"I think we have two players here with a very genuine chance [of making the England squad], perhaps more than that," explained Pardew to Sky Sports.

"Ashton was top drawer on Saturday.

"David Moyes would say that as well because he gave them all sorts of problems.

"He took a knock that slowed him down in the second half.

"The advantage he has got on other strikers is he can play in a deep role and link things in.

"Look outside of Wayne Rooney, if he got injured, who would do that role?

"Dean could do it well.
He's only just doing that role here but he's been terrific."

It's one thing supporting your own players, but this? :lala:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Pardew is talking rot again, par for the course for this lad.

earlier in the season he claimed his squad was as strong as United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I don't see the issue. As Mutu said, he never said Ashton = Rooney. I don't see him as a second striker though, Bent is more like the second striker. Although Ashton is the mother ****ing bomb at linking play up as Crouch is claimed to do. He wins most headers and does little flicks to put people through on goal and such. But he is the target man with skill and range, not a Rooney type.

Ashton is underrated IMO and will now hopefully have the platform to get recognition, need's to start a full season in the prem. He should definitely be going this summer ahead of 'some' of the 'strikers' selected.

Jern - Well they're not that far off from you are they (game in hand). And they handed you your arse.

·
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
Jern - Well they're not that far off from you are they (game in hand). And they handed you your arse.
so Everton had a better squad then Pool last year?

if you agree with his statement then just say then. :pp

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
so Everton had a better squad then Pool last year?

if you agree with his statement then just say then. :pp
Pool have established world class players (well, one at least), your team is full of kids same as the hammers. ;) Except they have Reo-Coker who owned you and made Sol cry. :D And at least Anton can play a bit unlike your kid in defence, the dross who tries to score spectacular own goals with every cross. :pp

All Pardew said was he should be in the squad, ok he got Ashton's position wrong which is worrying but the title is a red herring.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
some even better stuff South of the river it seems eh Marc? ;)
All natural, nature never hurt anyone.... *looks at New Orleans* :stuckup:

Reo-Coker broke Sol, like a kid with a new toy at christmas. :scared: :howler:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
:howler:

come back when you've won 13 titles and tell us how to pick a team.
So I assume you've won more titles than Mourinho in order to slag him off every five seconds? :finger: Or perhaps it doesn't work like that.

C'mon Jern, I know Arsenal beating Madrid is a big thing but don't let it break your fragile mind. :D

Stracraft - What has Pearce been saying? :googly:

·
63,337 Posts
Marc said:
So I assume you've won more titles than Mourinho in order to slag him off every five seconds? :finger: Or perhaps it doesn't work like that.
yes, we won 13, what does Mourinho have? a couple of Mickey mouse Porto titles and 1 with £300 spent on his squad? ;)

perhaps Pardew should be slagging Mourinho instead anyway? 1 English player bought and he sticks him on the bench every week.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Marc said:
ok he got Ashton's position wrong
that's what I meant. :stuckup: agree on Ashton being a good prospect though.

As for Pardew, he's already been calling for Matty Etherington to get a call-up. Next it'll be Zamorra :undecide: he probably already has.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes, we won 13, what does Mourinho have? a couple of Mickey mouse Porto titles and 1 with £300 spent on his squad? ;)

perhaps Pardew should be slagging Mourinho instead anyway? 1 English player bought and he sticks him on the bench every week.
Eh? I thought you were refering to me as a person, which was why I was bewildered due to you the person not having titles either. So who has to have 13 titles before 'I' the person can criticize the policy of ******? :googly: England? Mickey Mouse? UEFA and CL ring any bells? Only 300 quid, that ain't bad... thought it was more. :D I bet he was on a smaller budget at Porto winning the CL and UEFA cup (supercup?) than Wenger has been on.

Maybe he should. I do.

Wally - Ah ok. :)

If the Nevilles, Hargreaves and Jenas' of the world can get into the squad not to mention multiple caps... then Etherington should be in with a shout. He has at least looked pretty decent at times. Not that I would take him by any means.

Yeah, I remember him saying Zamora. Again though, I'd take him over Crouch, he has at least scored a few belters this season. If he was comparing them to the likes of Parker and Bent as squad players then he can piss off. :D

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Speaking of weed smoking, nobody smokes as much as our people do. Ashton should've been playing in red shirt instead of Crap like Cissass and Morientass. But some muppets decided otherwise. Don't blame Rafa for that, he's been not that long in England, but those who spent their entire lives here.

also, why is it that out of all London clubs it's WHam who always have excellent young players? Is it because they have a better school or cuz at other clubs they have a policy that only admits non-English kids? :D
I know Houllier would've said that English children are too expensive to sign for the Academy. Poor liverpool simply can not afford that. That's why he spent 11m on Diouf and 14m on Cisse.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts