Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paraguay president Luis Gonzalez Macchi has blasted his country's Group B rivals, claiming South Africa are the worst side in the tournament, while Slovenia and Spain 'are second-rate European teams'.

Paraguay reached the second round in the 1998 World Cup and have flown out to the Far East confident of going further this time around.

And they were backed by president Macchi, who said farewell to the side by predicting that they can reach the semi-finals.

He said: "Paraguay have demonstrated that they are a serious and competitive team. I think that we will get through to the second round and can finish third or fourth while France and Argentina will play in the final."

He also defended Paraguay coach Cesare Maldini, who has been heavily criticised in the media.

"I am with him when it comes to the team selection and that is important because these are the best players," he said.

The national Mail Service in Paraguay, meanwhile, have produced 45,000 stamps to honour their World Cup heroes

this is not the thing to do, everyone is gonna want them to lose and everyteam will have an extra incentive to beat them. spain and south africa will feel this more and i cant wait to see them gett there asses kicked.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah, too bad that Paraguay is actually better than those teams for real. Except maybe Spain, but their NT is known for their bad performances in world cups.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
The fact that they have to trash talk down their opponents shows what kind of a team they are. I would expect this from Chilavert the idiot, but not from the President of Paraguay. Funny, how they constantly cut up Spain for never accomplishing anything, meanwhile what the hell have they accomplished internationally and they're seeing themselves in the semi's??? Whatever!

·
Registered
167 Posts
hmmm

Dont be so angry, this is just a cheap tactic to ruin Spanish concentration. They believe we are easy to "break" and will let such remarks hurt la seleccion, but lets see, I think not.

To be honest, I think Paraguay has a good chance to advance, although I believe we may see something different. I hope, I would actually prefer South Africa to accompany Spain in the 2nd round.....

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Paraguays Problem?

None that I know off .... Rock solid defense...second to none...Perhaps their only problem is Big Mouth Chilavert .. the :ass: !!!
Their strikers are great on land or upstairs ...
Watch them waltz into the 2nd round !!!

;)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Chilavert continues to heat up things with his latest comment suggesting that Paraguay will once again eliminate Spain and he will score two goals against them. Cesare Maldini actually went against Chilavert's comments stating that he beleived Spain we're the strongest team in their group. I guess Chilavert is playing against Spain, I thought he was supposed to miss both opening games. I guess not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts