Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paraguay needs a win and a little help from Spain while Slovenia is heading back home and would like to finish up with it's head high

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Paraguay has two classes better team than Slovenia and if they play well they can win and expect a help from Spain to qualify.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Slovenija-Paraguay
2-0

They'll play to restore their honour and for" what might have been" because of that idiot ZZ.

Paraguay are dangerous but Slovenija are well coached and well organized. I hope at least for a good flowing match.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Paraguay will WIN if they tie up and lock Maldini in the hotel room....
They're NOT an Italian Cattenaccio team...If the :ass: (aka as Coach Maldini) ..lets them play attacking Soccer..People will FINALLY get to see and enjoy Paraguay .

:cool:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Kostas said:
Paraguay has two classes better team than Slovenia and if they play well they can win and expect a help from Spain to qualify.

Kostas I don't believe there is that much gap between teams in WC, they are in the highest competition in the world!!! No bad team in it, believe me. But there is: a good team played poorly, whink :)ahhhh, the French.....

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
World Cup Preview: Slovenia-Paraguay
Slovenia - Paraguay | News Archive

Paraguay's charismatic keeper Jos?Luis Chilavert (AP)
06/11/2002. BACKGROUND

It was a very disappointing World Cup for Slovenia, who are already out of contention for a qualification to the second round. Katanec's side suffered a couple of clear defeats against Spain and South Africa, and the bad mood inside the locker room is evident through the dispute between the young coach and star midfielder Zlatko Zahovic, who was sent home after the first match.

In their first two outings, Paraguay have shown an inconsistency which put them on the brink of an early elimination. Maldini's men failed to hold a 2-0 lead over South Africa and an 1-0 lead over Spain, grabbing only one point, and this will force them not only to defeat Slovenia scoring as many goals as possible, but also to hope that Spain will defeat South Africa.

POSSIBLE SCENARIOS
With Spain already qualified and Slovenia eliminated, the fight for the second place is between Paraguay and South Africa. The South Americans will advance if:

-Spain and Paraguay both win by a combined margin of more than three goals
-Spain and Paraguay both win by a combined margin of three goals and Paraguay score more goals than South Africa

If Spain and Paraguay both win by a combined margin of three goals and South Africa and Paraguay score the same number of goals, a draw will determine the second place

LATEST TEAM NEWS
Slovenia will face their final World Cup match without influential defender Aleksander Knavs, who will be sidelined with a thigh strain. The Kaiserslautern player should be replaced by Bulajic. However, coach Srecko Katanec will recover another defender, namely Marinko Galic, who missed the clash with South Africa due to a thigh injury.

As for Paraguay, the only doubt regards defender Denis Caniza, who is bothered by an injury to his right knee. If he won't manage to recover, coach Cesare Maldini will likely replace him with Juan Carlos Franco

POSSIBLE LINEUPS
SLOVENIA: Dabanovic, Bulajic, Galic, Milinovic, Karic, Pavlin, Acimovic, A.Ceh, Novak, Cimirotic, Osterc

PARAGUAY: Chilavert, Arce, Gamarra, Ayala, Caceres, Caniza, Paredes, Gavilan, Acuna, Santa Cruz, Cardozo

PLAYERS TO WATCH
Slovenia: only pride is at stake for Katanec's players, all of whom are expected to show that they didn't qualify for this final phase by chance.

Paraguay: Jos?Luis Chilavert. The charismatic goalkeeper made some huge mistakes against Spain, and the South Americans can't afford it again. His leadership is essential to Maldini's men.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS
Slovenia and Paraguay will face each other for the first time in their history.

soccerage

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
I hope for a decent showing from our boys, that they will really perform as thay can! I know we are capable of wining, so I hope for the best, but I really don't know what to ecpect! Pride is the only thing to play for, and to finish this WC on a higher note is important to us! I belive our boys will do what it takes to win, will it be enough?

·
94,488 Posts
I've been listening to the public call in Radio Unica this AM here in Miami, and all the latinos calling in (Mostly Colombians) are leaning heavily on Slovenia .. :eek: A little Jealousy here ??? :confused: ????

·
94,488 Posts
Game Underway .................. Vamos Paraguas :)

·
94,488 Posts
min 10

0x0 , Paraguay applying more pressure, but no cigar yet ....

·
94,488 Posts
min 18

Nil Nil with this reult Paraguay flyes back (Minus Maldini) to Asuncion.... :eek:

·
94,488 Posts
min.22

A Paraguayan (Paredes) red carded on min 22 :mad:

Bye Bye ... Paraguitas !!!! :crybaby:

·
94,488 Posts
MIN 44

The last 3 minutes we have seen more Slovenia that in the entire WC!!!! ;)

·
94,488 Posts
min .46

Slovenia Scores ...I said it .... In 5 minutes they have played better than the entire Cup ;)

·
94,488 Posts
EOFH

Slovenia 1 Paraguay 0

:cap:

·
94,488 Posts
Second half underway ........... :boxing:

·
94,488 Posts
Cuevas scores for Paraguay ...Tied game .... 1x1 ;)

·
94,488 Posts
Min 65

1x1 .. and Parguay dreamming ...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts