Xtratime Community banner

Paraguay stuns Brasil !!!

419 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  TAZZ 
#1 ·
Brasil showed poor football and it payed off. Paraguay beats Brasil 2-1 in Paraguay. Brasil falls to 4th place. Brasilians call for Luxemburgo's head.

PS- Argentina wins for sure next week.

[Edited by Loco_Poom on 19-07-2000 at 18:44]

#3 ·
Paraguay did not STUN Brazil. If you have seen Brazil play for the last few months, you had to know that it was possible for anyone to beat Brazil 2-1. I was not surprised. Brazil played like crap.

And, Ze da Fiel, you can keep Cesar Sampaio. I don't care how great he plays against Corinthians, he was GARBAGE against Paraguay. Who else was garbage? Well, the list is long:

Dida: He played OK. He had no chance on the first goal, a header from a corner kick. He made a great save in the 2nd half to keep the game 1-0. He did not have much of a chance on the second goal.

Cafu: Jackass! Two stupid yellow cards, the last one for kicking a guy in the stomach. Even when he was on the field, he didn't do anything.

Edmilson: GREAT! The best player for Brazil. Looked a bit confused in the beginning, but he got better. Was the only guy who played with passion. He was the only one who realized he was wearing the Brazil shirt. Did lots of running from defense all the way into attack. Had a nice header from a corner kick. Should definitely play next week and in the future instead of antonio carlos.

roque junior: not too bad, but where was he on the two goals? he had heavy stones in his shoes.

roberto carlos: did lots of nothing, except for 10 minutes in the second half, when he made the cross to rivaldo for the goal.

cesar sampaio, flavio concecaio, ze roberto: all bums. sampaio and concecaio did not move, and ze roberto just ran in circles around them. a real joke in the midfield; don't know which way the goal is, always passing backwards.

rivaldo: OK. scored the goal on a nice header. close on one free kick but sent the other free kick to the moon.

where was ALEX?

djalminha: pretty good, did some nice dribbling and passing. definitely deserves to play again next week.

franca: touched the ball 2 times in 45 minutes. not his fault; the midfield did not pass to him.

luxemburgo: idiot! where was alex? where was alex?

G
#4 ·
i really feel sorry for Brazil, with so many talented players in the country Lux was trying so hard to pull 22 of them together, i have to say it is not an easy job to do. however, recently Lux has shown some sign for concern, i believe he change the team too much, may be is better to keep the team constant for a few games, don't get discourage by just a few games, of cos 2 points out of 9 is really something to worry about for a champion, right now they should be more concern about their next highly anticipated match, THE ARGENTINA V BRAZIL.... well, i really think Brazil have a lot of work to catch up even if they only wanted a draw... :(

#6 ·
So is this the second time Brazil loses a game in their World Cup qualifying matches history? I think the first time was against Bolivia in 1993. Brazil was very lucky that the referee didn't see (or didn't want to see) the foul Cafu committed against Roque Santa Cruz in the penalty box, it was a CLEAR penalty. This match could have ended 3-1 in favor of Paraguay. By the way, why can't your forwards score?? I don't recall any of your forwards scoring goals in the past 5 games. If it wasn't for Antonio Carlos (scored 2 goals) and SPECIALLY Rivaldo (scored 4 goals) you wouldn't even score any goals. You really need to get forwards that CAN score.

[Edited by isgna on 19-07-2000 at 16:11]

#7 ·
that's true isgna. the forwards never score. but we don't need forwards who can score, we need midfielders who can give the forwards the ball. believe me, i've seen franca play, and if he gets the ball he's going to score. but in the first half of brazil-paraguay, franca touched the ball twice, and one time was way out at midfield. how is he supposed to score from there?

the midfield used to be the pride and joy of brazil. now people are laughing at it. think about it: you have four midfielders, one of whom is supposedly the best player in the world, and you can't get the forwards ONE SHOT in the first half? it is a crime if cesar sampaio, ze roberto and flavio conceciao are wearing the wonderful brazil shirt next week.

#8 ·
falcao,
if their was one guy who had a dcent match that was Cesar Sampaio, he marked VERY WELL, and did not make a bad pass.
Now saying Rivaldo played ok? he was crap, never passed the ball always trying to take on players and losing it....all he did was score the goal and kicked those 2 free kicks.
Ze roberto was a joke etc..etc..etc....
and really this is luxemburgo fault...he had time to train, and he insists on 3 dfensive midfielders.....took to long to put vampeta in, and the right hand side of Brazil is inexistent!:(
let's see now agaisnt argentina, if we lose, it will be FORA LUXEMBURGO!

G
#9 ·
anyone here thinks Brazil have a chance next week against Argentina please raise your hand... . . . :( hmm... guys, we not only have to prepare for the defeat of Brazil next week, we also have to face the worst defeat in History!! :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: !!!!!!!!!!!

Judging the displayed by Argentine today i say they can walk over Brazil by 3 goals like Hot knife through Butter :eek: embarrasment.......

where is the Magic... ??

#11 ·
yo believe what Za? I believe too :):):)

ARGENTNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was that Ze? Evita una Putana? getting nervous bro? I would be too.

Brazil are the greatest why? they are Brazilians why esle? :rolleyes:

#13 ·
Whatever you say bro. hahaha

I say Argentina Brasil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.