Xtratime Community banner

PAOK FC Thread

24K views 109 replies 17 participants last post by  Shpati 
#1 ·
PAOK FC

Full name Panthessaloníkeios Athlitikós Ómilos Konstantinoupolitón
(Pan-Thessalonikian Athletic Club of Constantinopolitans F.C.)

Founded 1926

Ground Toumba Stadium, Thessaloniki, Greece

(Capacity: 28,703)

Chairman Theodoros Zagorakis

Manager Pavlos Dermitzakis

League Super League Greece
2009-10 2nd

ΠΑΟΚ 2010-2011

GOALKEEPERS
•Konstantinos Chalkias•Fotis Koutzavassilis•Panagiotis Glykos•Dario Kresic

DEFENDERS
•Anis Boussaidi•Bruno Cirillo•Stelios Malezas•Pablo Contreras•Lino•Miroslaw Sznaucner•Mirko Savini•Francisco Zuela

MIDFEILDERS
•Sotiris Balafas•Pablo Garcia•Vitolo•Giorgos Fotakis•Vasilis Koutsianikoulis•Vierinha•Vladimir Ivic•Kristijan Miljevic•Cristiano

FORWARDS
•Dimitris Salpigidis•Zlatan Muslimovic•Thanassis Papazoglou•Lucio Filomeno•Stefanos Athanasiadis

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool to see a new fan here :)

Real shame you guys didn't get past Ajax but I guess the victory over Fenerbahce was sweeter for you guys nonetheless.

btw how do you rate Mohammed Abubakari? :D he used to play for our academy in Ghana and reserves but then left and did well for Panserraikos

#4 ·
I like Abubakari. He is a great player but it is a shame he always gets loaned out. I think this will be the season he has to shine on his loan to Panserraikos otherwise we will probably sell him and get a younger Greek.

in Eurocup.

Club Brugge 1-1 PAOK

with Malezas scoring our goal on the 78th min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhWj-569Ow

Next Game :

PAOK vs Olympiakos Volou

#17 ·
So how does fan support work in Thessaloniki? PAOK must be best supported? I think I saw somewhere they're number 3 in Greece after OCFP and PAO. Any differences in fan bases i.e. social standing, specific areas of the city, things like that.

#25 ·
PAOK is a team made by Greeks from Turkey, so it's basically a "refugee" team. You can see it in the whole name for PAOK, the K is for Konstantinopolis which is now Istanbul. As many other refugee teams, PAOK has generally been left but now it's quite irrelevant, all types of people support PAOK.

Aris was actually the bigger team but during the 60's and 70's PAOK began to win alot and was usually the team that was quite anti-Athens. This was during the times of dictatorship in Greece so alot of people in Makedonia started to support PAOK because of that. Now it's more tradition I might say.

I would say in Thessaloniki, PAOK has the areas of Toumba (no shit) and Kordelio as the pure PAOK parts. I'm not that sure with the city though since I'm "from" Thessaloniki's and Serbia's vacation area :D

Frappes kai bougatsa... Just lol :D

#18 ·
PAOK has the best support out of the Greek teams to me. But that is only because there is soo many PAOK fan clubs around the world.

i think there is

2 in Canada
1 in USA
1 in Australia
1 or 2 in Cyprus
More than 12 in Germany
2 or 3 in switzerland
and about 3 in England.

Germany with the most ammount of PAOK fans. only 2nd to Greece.

PAOK dominates the noth of Greece when it comes to fan numbers whilst Olympiakos, Panathinaikos and AEK share the south. PAOKs fans in Greece would be in the millions. atleast 2.5 million to my understanding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.