Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So far I found out they'll play Fortuna Düsseldorf at July 9th and FC Groningen in Norg July 12th.

Anyone got some more information?
9th July vs Fortuna Dusseldord, Paul Janes stadium (Flinger Broich 87, 40235 Dusseldorf, Deutschland

12th July vs Groningen, Sportterrein schapendrift ( Schapendrift nr 1 Norg), Nederland

13th July vs CSSKA Sofia, probably in Arnhem, Nederland

17th Jyly vs Trabzonspor, Krefeld, Grotenburg stadium (Tiergartenstr. 165, 47800 Krefeld, Deutschland :skull:

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Well, EPL clubs are interested in him and he's one of the best players in Greece, he's really good

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
Hey, guys, what are your thoughts about upcoming EL play-off vs Karpaty? We're not doing so well -- rock bottom of the table.:scared:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hey, guys, what are your thoughts about upcoming EL play-off vs Karpaty? We're not doing so well -- rock bottom of the table.:scared:
After our last seasons success in Europe and in league competition. I think we will see a repeat of PAOK FC and we will defeat Karpaty but i do not think we will win by much. We mite be playing this game safe.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
PAOK FC VS FK KARPATY

PAOK will be playing the first leg with the home advantage. This is the next round after defeating Valarenga of Norway in both legs. Karpaty are from the ukranian league and have shown they are a decent team despite troubles in league competition.

PAOK have had a stream of freindly losses in the Cyprus but will look for a big win in Greece before playing in Ukraine.

FORZA PAOK!

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
After our last seasons success in Europe and in league competition. I think we will see a repeat of PAOK FC and we will defeat Karpaty but i do not think we will win by much. We mite be playing this game safe.
PAOK is a favorite in my mind. Karpaty are shaky ands fragile right now. Our goallie sucks and our main defender will be missing due to bookings. A few bad breaks in the game and they are done. They are playing well below their potential right now though. A confidence building moment can change their woes. On the other hand, PAOK's lack of sufficient competitive experience this season may be a problem for you.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
PAOK vs. Karpaty Lviv - Preview
8/18/2011 9:00 PM, UEFA Europa League Qualifiers <----> PAOK Salonika v Karpaty Lviv

Pick: Home Win
Odds:1.83
Bookmaker:Bet365

Analysis

I must say that I am very impressed with Lazlo Boloni.His sayings are allways very well placed and the fact that he doesnt stay on the words but he moves to actions is what makes me very optimistic about the future of the team.

Well of course Vallerenga was not proven a worthy opponent in the very end,no offense to "enga"'s friends,but the Norwegeian side was below PAOK's level and we cant make safe assumptions.Still what we can keep from those 2 first PAOK's official games is that we saw a very disciplined team with a plan on the field that knows what they want and the most important,HOW to get it.

Lets go to the fresh now .Tomorrow PAOK will host Karpaty Lviv at the TOUMPA stadium.I will end up being tiring if I am going to say that PAOK's is very strong home team,but what can I say it is true.I had a few talks with some friend here in this thread and we talked about weather the greek team is looking down Karpaty or not,well it seems that PAOK crew is once again very disciplined and they keep low profile,at least those were the sayings of Lazlo Boloni yesterday.On the other hand the Karpaty crew are a bit challenging at their comments,their manager said that they are not afraid of PAOK's home and the GK said something about Macedonia and Greece but those are not of my concern.I just see Karpaty being a bit "higher" than it should be.

Anyway those were the latest news about what happens outside of the field.What we care is what happens inside the 4 lines.First and foremost PAOK will miss Salpingidis(regular winger),Ivic(MF,not very important) and Papazoglu(FW,not very important).The good news for Boloni are that Lazar is 100% ready to play.

Possible Formation:
-----------------Kresic------------------------
Etto-----Malezas------P.Contreras------Lino
------------Arias-------P.Garcia--------------
Fotakis---------Lazar---------------Vieirinha
--------------Athanasiadis-------------------

Those were the 11 that faced Vallerenga at Ullewal.

Karpaty is a team that we get to know better last year were they face numerous big european clubs.They are nice team that consists of native players and foreign attackers.Especially the spaniard Loukas seems to be a good shape lately.They did started bad the ukranian league but most experts believe that the team will end up on 4-8 place.They have more matches at their legs compared to PAOK and this is an advantage they can rely on.

I expect another solid performance by the greek side.Last Friday 200.000 euro were placed for some salaries that were not paid and everyone will be happier now.The spirit on the team is great,the stadium will be full once again,and the team has top quality players (Vieirinha,my avatar,is worth 6 mil euro at the moment).Karpaty is at bad psychological state due the bad start.They cant hope for much is they appear once again like their latest matches.The value is on the home team.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Seriously, why did the keeper go out and talk about politics, does he really even know how damn passionate Toumba is and this will just only trigger the audience more. Also with the BS with Fener, I'm sure that this team won't be provoked.

Lazar has been impressive and I hope he can continue his form!

The squad:
1. Αθανασιάδης Στέφανος
2. Γεωργιάδης Γιώργος
3. Μαλεζάς Στέλιος
4. Μπαλάφας Σωτήρης
5. Τσουκαλάς Σταύρος
6. Φωτάκης Γιώργος
7. Χαλκιάς Κώστας
8. Arias Diego Alejandro
9. Alves Maciel Dorvalino
10. Cirillo Bruno
11. Contreras Pablo
12. Etto
13. Garcia Pablo
14. Kresic Dario
15. Lazar Costin
16. Robert Bertrand
17. Sznaucner Miroslaw
18. Vieirinha

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Not really the best group, Shamrock is a win but hard times against Spurs and Rubin. We beat Villarreal at home so let's try to the same here and also taking some Xs away, especially in Kazan

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
PAOK top of group A with Rubin in 2nd and Tottenham to go back to england :)

well done PAOK.

next game in Italy against Serie A side Udinese.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts