Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PAO have signed panionios midfielder/ back Tsiolis. Not a bad player .
Its being reported that PAO have also targeted and are very clse to signing another 5 Greek Youth Internationals including the very talented Vaggelis Mantzios.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way...Mantzios is kicking, he does not want to go to Panathinaikos at this stage .

·
Registered
468 Posts
If Panathinaikos get Mantzios, they're going to have a great attack. I'd be concentrating on midfielders if I were them but I definately wouldn't say no to him.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marcus , Panathinaikos will be losing Konstantinou and paapdopoulos at the end of the season.
Konstaninou will not be re-signing with PAO as e wantst o go abroad and Papadopoulos has recieved a tentative offer from a serie A team.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
He wont be playing in Italy, he will be keeping Karagounis company in the stands or traded/loand to some other team. They tried to do it with Choutous with Anderlecht and now they are going to do it with Papadopoulos.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Tsiolis is one of the best young midfielders in Greece and has a bright future. He's supposed to be the replacement of Basinas I guess...

Mantzios is also great. In my opinion, PAO is better off with Mantzios than Konstantinou. I know the Cypriot has been on fire this year, but he doesn't convince me he isn't just playing for a new contract and he'll be back to his usual deadbit self once he gets it...

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
AMOROSO! said:
Tsiolis is one of the best young midfielders in Greece and has a bright future. He's supposed to be the replacement of Basinas I guess...

Mantzios is also great. In my opinion, PAO is better off with Mantzios than Konstantinou. I know the Cypriot has been on fire this year, but he doesn't convince me he isn't just playing for a new contract and he'll be back to his usual deadbit self once he gets it...

Amoroso...I figure that you are a stats man so I was surprised to read 23 year old Vaggelis Mantzios goalscoring stats in the last 4 seasons.Now I know many of those appearances have been asa sub but hisstats are not very flattering are they?
Remebering that Konstantinou was banging them in quite regularly when he was at Iraklis asa 21 year old im not sure how you can say PAO will be better off with Mantzios.
These are Mantzios ( the goalscoring machines) stats.

Σεζόν______Συμμετοχές___Γκολ(goals)
2001/02____19____________4
2002/03____18____________3
2003/04____22____________2
2004/05____19____________4

Not very flattering are they? Mantzios came to prominence with a hatrick he scored in that "rigged" Uefa cup match.
Now I know why Olympiakos did not make an official bid for him.
I would rather we sign Ogounsoto from Ergotelis and even Kapetanos from Iraklis who has the same playing style as Mantzios .

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mantzios has agreed a 5-year contract with Panathinaikos and will be transferred in the summer. Other Panionios players coming across (supposedly) will be Spyropoulos and Tsiolis.

Another name being mentioned is the obligatory transfer of an OFI player into Panathinaikos. The name I've seen mentioned is Sifakis (the goalkeeper). Any guesses about the transfer cost? 1 Euro perhaps? 1 Euro and a crap player in the other direction? This really shouldn't be legal. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
REDHOT7 said:
Amoroso...I figure that you are a stats man so I was surprised to read 23 year old Vaggelis Mantzios goalscoring stats in the last 4 seasons.
I know Mantzios doesn't score enough. Or at least he hasn't so far. But this doesn't mean that the boy doesn't have talent. Konstantinou for me is a flop. Yeah, this year he's been great, but will he keep it up? That's the question PAO faces...

Oguntsoto is a different kind of striker, which PAO did not need as they have Gekas and Papadopoulos for that position.

Kapetanos is a good player, but in my opinion Mantzios is better.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree that Kosntantinou has been a flop at Panathinaikos but when he was at Iraklis he was a hell ofa striker.
Perhaps Konstantinou is not suited to PAO's playing style.
As for who is better Mantzios or Kapetanos , icant comment cause i havent seen much of both of them to say . From the little that ive seen both are similar players but Kapetanos looks stronger and faster .
Mantzios is 1.90 cm tall yet only weighs 74 kilos , very light for a striker in my opinion.

Here are some names of some other young talented players who can become good signings. Iliadis and Pappas from Kalamaria , Karypidis from PAOK, Fotakis from Aigaleo , Lagos and Kapetanos from Iraklis .
You have probably seen more of these players in action than I have .

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Wer building a great team for the future :) I dont think Konstandinou has been a flop,hes always got into double figures and has some of the best Assist statistics aross europe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts