Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter full-back Christian Panucci, who has snubbed the club since a row with coach Marcello Lippi, is expected to sign for his former manager Fabio Capello at Roma.

The Italy defender was dropped and transfer-listed by Lippi, but Inter president Massimo Moratti declared on Friday that he would welcome him back.

Panucci spurned the offer, however, saying: "I thank president Moratti but I can't go back. I made a choice and I think that my future is away from Inter."

And now he could be teaming up with Capello for a third time, although Moratti will only sanction the deal if defender Antonio Carlos Zago goes to Milan in return.

The pacy Brazilian, who has won championships with each of his three Brazilian clubs – Sao Paulo, Palmeiras and Corinthians – may be prepared to move to the San Siro if he is guaranteed a first-team place.

Moratti and his Roma counterpart Francesco Sensi will meet on Monday to discuss the swap-deal but if it falls through, Panucci will be expected in for training by Inter on Tuesday.

Despite interest from Arsenal and Monaco, Panucci's first-choice move has always been back to AC Milan, where he played the best football of his career.

"I prefer Milan," the 27-year-old said recently. "I want to come back to the club where I became famous. I am not interested in Arsenal or Monaco. Milan want me and I want Milan."

Panucci left the Rossoneri in 1997 to rejoin former boss Capello at Real Madrid, after a dispute with Capello’s replacement, Arrigo Sacchi.

Zago says here that he wants to be guaranteed a first team place. That wont happen. Blanc,Simic and Cordoba are all better than him. I´m not saying that he´s bad but not better than these players.

[Edited by Recoba on 16-07-2000 at 19:25]

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
According to calciomercato.com it might also be a swap between Panucci and Di Francesco. In that case I would rather see Di Francesco because Zago doesn´t have an EU-passport,right? If he has a spanish or portuguise passport, I would rather see Zago.

N

·
0 Posts
If Panucci goes I'd prefer to get Vincent Candela, We need a left back as Georgatos has left and Serena won't be able to handle it! I know he's too expensive but its either him or Roberto Carlos who will cost a fortune due to a clause.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No way that Roma would trade Candela against Panucci, but we could get them Jugovic also, because he has to go.
I think you´re right about that Serena isn´t near as good as Geo is.

G

·
0 Posts
I think that this trade could benefit Inter very much because A. Carlos isn't that bad, and with the new 4-man defence Lippi will set up, he coul fit perfectly; so we could have 4 good experienced starters:

Simic-Blanc-Zago-Cordoba

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I think are midfield is covered but our defence needs alittle more I think Zago can do the job But i would much prefer coco.

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):):)
When will this Montella junkie get a clue.

As for Antonio Carlos if he comes he sits on the bench and that is that.

Why can't INTER ever sell a player without buying a replacement.

Panucci can be simply sold its as simple as that. No replacement is needed.

But Roma is probably a bit low on funds and that is why ther probably cannot afford to buy players without giving away aplayer to cut the cost after they broke the bank for Batigol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts