Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday there were some hours of hopes for those Inter's supporters who would like Christian Panucci could stay at the club, after the deep clash he had with the coach Marcello Lippi.

In fact the president of the club, Massimo Moratti said in the first afternoon "Some clubs think Panucci is a problem inside our team, but I deny that theory and I could surely add there are chances he could play here next season as well. He is not a 'lost' player, the previous troubles could be solved to have available for us a very good player and a great man too" the chairman said.

And Marcello Lippi added he is ready to accept orders of the club "I am the coach of Inter, this means I am an employee here: and if the club will decide to keep the player, well, I'm ready to train him with all the other ones".

But few hours later the former Real Madrid defender confirmed his will to leave Inter "I want to thank Moratti for the kind words he said, but I cannot stay here anymore, I have not the right mind to continue to be an Inter player. Besides I lost the Euro2000 for this matter and I cannot forgive that to anyone!"

"Club knows my situation and my desire: to join a great team. If possible on loan, so I could evaluate the new experience after one season and decide how to proceed".

It seems he blame Lippi ruined his EUR02000 presense!Well,last season it was obvious that he didn't fit in Lippi's plan as Lippi play a 3 men defence,which Panucci didn't really adopted well!That's why Cordoba came!And for this reason,Panucci lost his place in the seacond half of the season!However,Lippi stated earlier,He would play a 4 men defence,which Panucci should be able to find a place in his best position,right back!As I look around there is no other better player in the team who can play in this position!But it seems Panucci still have the anger in his mind!Anyway I hope him for the best!

Forza Inter!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i agree with you. if lippi can use a four-man defense, then panucci is perfect for right back. but we know (from the baggio promises) that lippi does not always do what he says he will do. can you blame panucci for not trusting him?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
If Panucci stays he can prove to everyone the player his really worth his a excellent player at right back but his got ambitions to play somewhere else which is pretty dissapointing.

L

·
0 Posts
after all the S+++ he had with Lippi, i think it will be better for Panucci to go somewhere else. Even if Lippi said he wants to play back 4 defence on the coming season, Panucci should still leave because that incident had already built a very bad memory between the two men, they can easily start another "FIGHT" ... not good for the team when they fight.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Does Panucci have an inherant right to start?

No.

Is Panucci better than any of the three starters at Inter?

No.

Is Panucci not starting simply because Lippi doesn't like him?

No.

Does Panucci have any legitimate reason to feel "betrayed" by Inter?

No.

Is Panucci a little whiner who thinks he has an inherant right to start for Inter, thinks he's better than the three starters Inter has, thinks Lippi has something against him and now feels betrayed by Inter?

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Pannuci was ok at Inter but he is no where near good enough to play for the Azzuri, he could never compete with Nesta. Maldini, Cannavaro, Iuliano, Pesotto and others. I am glad he didn't get into the Azurri so he can whine all he wants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts