Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Very sad news, he was a great man. I really enjoyed that year when he won both the giro and the tour. Great memories. He died just at 34 and i don't even know how. Gone too soon. RIP Marco.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
He's dead? Thats Shocking. Very good sportsman.

What happened exactly?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
R.I.P.

GOD BLESS HIS SOUL AND HIS FAMILY!!!

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
Requiescat in pace

This was kind of shocking. I was used to see him in the headlines...

The investigators are considering two possible reasons for his death: suicide or a physiological response due to the ingestion of too many antidepressants. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
You know all the rivalry in many sports between Spain and Italy. Cycling is another sport where the Spanish and the Italians have had great battles with great cyclist.

I recall the Giro of 1994, after the 2 Giros won by Miguel Inddurain, Berzin did a great Giro, but won especially in the stages against the clock... but, really, if we are cycling fans, it's because the mountain stages. In those mountains he was the king, unbeatable, amazing. Pure show.

Of course, I liked Indurain, but he was cold, a perfect machine, the cyclist that never failed. But the Spanish hearts loved Perico Delgado. Pantani was like Delgado, anarchic, crazy, unpredictable, lovely. That's why we love those cyclists.

Perhaps Indurain, Armstrong or Ulrich were better... but Pantani was loved anywhere. I always want a Spanish to win, but if not, Pantani was always the first choice.

I really had good moments in front of the TV looking his races. Not only me, Spain has shown all his love and respect for him, the other cyclists (who have also Chava Jimenez in memory), the directors, the press, all. Because he was not only an Italian property, all of us had "el pirata" in our heart.

Saturday was a sad day... Descansa en paz Marco.

:depress:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I agree with what Maradona said about Pantani,When he won the Tour de France and the Giro di Italia everyone jumped on his bandwagon.But when he had his difficult times how many people deserted him?
People can be real ar$eholes the real fans of Marco know who they're,The rest Vergognatevi!We'll miss you Marco a true Milanista and champion gone far to soon.:depress:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Although I didnt know him personally of course I was very shocked when I heard about his death! :cry: :(
He was a great sportsman, I will always remember his fantastic fights at the Tour and the Giro.
Very tragic end.

RIP, Marco.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Sad news, i cried when i learnt it and I continue crying when I see him on tv. :cry: :depress:

Thanks for all the emotions you gave us.

Riposa in pace Marco

1 - 19 of 19 Posts