Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We beat panionios today and went 6 points clear of AEKand 7 points clear fromPAO. 0-2 final score. Scorers Rivaldo 50' and Kafes 65'.
Okkas, Ribo and Kostoulas played very well today.

The referee Mazarakis who is an AEK fan and who earlier this season gifted AEK a win against Ionikos with appalling decisions tried his very best to alter the result but to no avail.
He red carded Pantos for us in the 22nd minute with a 2nd yellow card for AN ACCIDENTAL handball in the middle of the field. He yellow carded Anatolakis, Okkas, Castillo and Stoltidis . He also red carded a Panionios player Spiropoulos in the 67th minute when the score was 0-2 and handed out 4 yellow cards to them also.
Lets not forget that AEK's next opponent is Panionios ;)
We played very well today and are in the box seat to win our 33rd league title. We are the best team in Greece and will win this title with 10+ difference.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And the other thing that needs to be mentioned is this.
Olympiakos showed yesterday that when the players want to play there is no team in Greece that can beat them.
for the last 2 months since our unjust elimination from the CL the players commitment and form had fallen.
Last night however after we were reduced to 10 men the players decided to playasa team and we ended up winning comfortably with 10 men.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Hahaha..what a guy:howler:

How do you know that Mazarakis is an AEK fan is beyond me..i guess you used to hang out with him in Melbourne.Mazarakis is simply a crap ref.In that game,after the penalty call he was whistling 80/20 for Ionikos

What's with this outburst..totally beyond me.You guys won a friendly match without spectators against Panionios(that created chances whenever they wanted since minute one and if Mantzios were in,things would be diferent).Sure you have some class veteran players that can win you a game but your defensive mids and your defence is a joke.Any team in Greece,even in Karaiskaki,creates loads of chances against you.

And frankly,i can't see why you're bothered with AEK that much..are we a threat with our young,classless players,our overrated coach and that kid on the helm? :rolleyes:

Anyway,nothing's over yet..but you sure are closer to the title than anybody else.Enjoy it cause you won't be finding any new Djole's and Gianakopoulous in the poor greek football next season,like you did in 1996 and your squad is so overaged :frownani: ..whatever good luck.It's probably the last season that an AEK fan really cares about how OSFP and PAO are doing,if you know what i mean

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we might not be finding any new Tzoles or Stelios but we have D'acols, Castillo's , Mendrinos's and Lisgaras's waiting in the wings who are 2 classes above the the current youngsters on your roster named Bourbos and Kapatais.

And for the record, the reason I mentioned AEK's name is because AEK today should be in 4th spot ( if not the 2nd division for debts).
Your team has been so heavily favoured by refs this season thats its not funny. 9 points the referees have gifted your team. Aaprt from teh Ionikos fiasco have you forgotten how your team came away witha draw at Xanthi

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good game for Olympiakos with a set of good perfomances from Kostoulas (who surprised me with his performance!), Rivaldo & Okkas. Pantos was very unlucky to get the second yellow as there was no way that the referee could have seen the handball and a warning would have been sufficient.

Rivaldo had a very good game, scoring one goal with a shot through the defenders legs and gave a vital assist for Kafes with the second.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Who are these guys?Have you seen them play?We also got Voulgaris,Koutsikos and Tsagarogiannakis,they are the new Peles i'm hearing but i 've never seen them kick a ball.I've only seen Dacol once and Castillo who is class.I really doubt that overrated Vallas is even equal of Moras and as for Kostoulas..nothing impressive.Your squad is extremely overaged,more than AEK's last season.Anatolakis,Schurrer,Rivaldo,Djole,Georgatos,G.X.,Nikopolidis,Giovanni and the problem is that all these players are vital to a team's system.You need a new CORE of talented players in key positions,can't you see that.I'm not talking about 20 year olds,every team has some of these.

If you are objective and watch AEK's games carefully,there's no reason for me to explain that guys like Bourbos and Krassas are extremely important and we're lucky to have them.Not to speak about Kuriakidhs who is 19 and is already playing like a better version of Zagorakis.These are not unknown prodigies,they're playing week in week out,they already know what it is like going after titles and last week they embarrassed PAO.Other than AEK,the only other big greek team that can claim they have young class on their squad is PAOK

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
hahahahahaha

what did they reinstate you??

or maybe this is one of the 20 different ips and 20 different handles you created 3 years ago...

oh you poor sad sad man

·
Registered
468 Posts
Match Report :- Panionios Nea Smyrni - Olympiakos Piraeus

Olympiakos jumped well ahead of the opposition on Sunday afternoon after beating Panionios Nea Smyrni by a scoreline of two goals to nil. Olympiakos had to play hard for the victory after being reduced to 10 men in the 22nd minute after a second yellow card had been given to Tasos Pantos for handball.
The defensive gap was filled by the substitution of Castillo from right wing for Schurrer and moving Kostoulas into the void.
The goals were scored in the 50' minute by Rivaldo and by Pantelis Kafes in the 64'. The first goal was scored by a snappy shot by the brazilian who shot the ball through the defenders legs giving the goalkeeper no chance to save. The second goal was a combined effort after Okkas ran into the box dragging several players onto him, he deftly passed the ball to Rivaldo who in turn knocked the ball to the left towards the unmarked Kafes.
The victory gives a six point lead over the second placed team (AEK) and a seven point lead over Panathinaikos.

Referee :- Mazarakis (Kefallonia)
Red Cards :- Pantos (22' for second yellow); Spyropoulos (66' for second yellow)
Yellow Cards :- Kiassos, Spyropoulos, Domoro, Kaisi, Nalitzis, Anatolakis, Pantos, Okkas, Stoltidis

Panionios :- Drobni, Vlsek, Makos, Domoro (58' Zimonic), Spyropoulos, Galanopoulos, Tziolis (70' Tsiolis), Kiassos (46' Kaisi), Goundoulakis, Breska, Nalitzis.

Olympiakos :- Nikopolidis, Pantos, Georgatos, Kostoulas, Anatolakis, Stoltidis, Castillo (38' Shurrer), Kafes (91+1 Taralidis), Okkas (87' Maric), Rivaldo, Djordjevic.

·
Registered
468 Posts
prince paul said:
Who are these guys?Have you seen them play?We also got Voulgaris,Koutsikos and Tsagarogiannakis,they are the new Peles i'm hearing but i 've never seen them kick a ball.I've only seen Dacol once and Castillo who is class.I really doubt that overrated Vallas is even equal of Moras and as for Kostoulas..nothing impressive.Your squad is extremely overaged,more than AEK's last season.Anatolakis,Schurrer,Rivaldo,Djole,Georgatos,G.X.,Nikopolidis,Giovanni and the problem is that all these players are vital to a team's system.You need a new CORE of talented players in key positions,can't you see that.I'm not talking about 20 year olds,every team has some of these.
In a way, I think you may be right. I think there will be a big clearout of the older players this summer. My feelings is that Giovanni and Georgiadis will leave for sure with Georgatos and Schurrer being maybe's. There is also question marks over Kostoulas and Pantos.
Who knows for sure about Rivaldo (but I sure as hell hope he doesn't go). All this means that we seriously need to start buying and promoting some of the younger players (Taralidis, Maric, Castillo, Mendrinos, etc) into first choice starters. We also need backup players so I'm expecting Socrates wallet to be very busy this summer.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
League Standings

Bold = CL Spot
Italic = UEFA CUP Spot

Pos. Team Pld W D L GF GA Pts
1 Olympiacos 17 12 4 1 33 9 40
2 AEK 17 9 7 1 25 13 34

3 Panathinaikos 17 10 3 4 28 11 33
4 Xanthi 17 8 5 4 26 20 29
5 PAOK 17 7 4 6 23 23 25
6 Egaleo 17 5 9 3 16 13 24

7 Halkidona 17 5 7 5 16 15 22
8 OFI 17 5 5 7 22 25 20
9 Panionios 17 5 5 7 11 15 20
10 Kallithea 17 4 7 6 24 26 19
11 Iraklis 17 5 4 8 15 19 19
12 Aris 17 3 9 5 15 19 18
13 Ionikos 17 4 5 8 11 22 17
14 Ergotelis 17 4 3 10 14 29 15
15 Kalamarias 17 3 6 8 13 24 15
16 Kerkira 17 3 5 9 12 21 14

Greek Cup Final Eight

1) AEK vs Panionios
2) OSFP vs Kastoria or Ptolemaida
3) Aris vs Apollon Kalamarias
4) Larissa vs SCODA Xanthi

In semies

1 play 2
and
3 plays 4

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
No, we only got to have 3 spots for two years. Last year was horrible for all Greek teams. Portuguese clubs on the other hand did very well. Porto won the CL, and UEFA cup, Benfica has a semies run in Uefa, and they had less teams in europe so their points were divided by less than ours.

Portugal moved ahead of us into 6th spot and now get to have 3 clubs starting next year. Hollan is also afe points ahead of us now in 7th.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
prince paul said:

If you are objective and watch AEK's games carefully,there's no reason for me to explain that guys like Bourbos and Krassas are extremely important and we're lucky to have them.Not to speak about Kuriakidhs who is 19 and is already playing like a better version of Zagorakis.These are not unknown prodigies,they're playing week in week out,they already know what it is like going after titles and last week they embarrassed PAO.Other than AEK,the only other big greek team that can claim they have young class on their squad is PAOK

For a start I'll be the first to say that Krassas and Bourbos as well as Kyriakidis have been impressive so far. But the other kids? Well we have yet to see them in action really except perhaps a sub appearance in the game against Ag Dimitrios and that's just about it really. We'll have to wait and see how they all go, especially Voulgaris who came in with huge raps. It's great that we've got young players but by the same token I ain't getting carried away. we ain't BARCA you know..............

...........well not yet anyway. :angel:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
wats the greek league looking like??
Business as usual down here Pumba. Fan Violence, Drug Abuse allegations, Sex Scandals, Presidents flaunting their egos, Players moaning about not getting enough money/game time/mistresses/crisps. Just like anywhere else really. Wouldn't have it any other way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,just kidding mate. Welcome to the Forum. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts