Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match report.

Panionios Nea Smyrni 0 - 2 Olympiakos Piraeus

Olympiakos opened a six point gap at the top of the table after a fine 2-0 victory over Panionios in the replayed match on Saturday evening. The game was hard-fought for Olympiakos after they had been reduced to 10 men by the referee, as Tasos Pantos received a second yellow card in the 22nd minute for handball. The subsequent hole in the defence was filled by moving Kostoulas into a right-back position. A vital substitution in the 38' minute saw Castillo (playing in a Right Wing role) replaced by Schurrer who bolsted the central defence.
However, the penalty spurred Olympiakos on and they scored the vital goals in the 50' minute (Rivaldo) and the 64' minute (Kafes).
The first goal was a stunning shot by the Brazilian who powered the goal home through the legs of a Panionios defender giving the keeper (Drobni) no chance to save.
The second goal was equally good, Okkas ran into the box dragging several players onto him, he deftly passed to Rivaldo in the centre, who using his skill quickly flicked the ball left to the unmarked Kafes.
The victory gives Olympiakos a six point advantage over the second placed AEK and a seven point advantage over Panathinaikos in third place.

Referee: Mazarakis (Kefallonia)

Red Cards: 22' Pantos (2nd yellow), 66' Spiropoulos (2nd yellow)

Yellow cards: Kiassos, Spiropoulos, Domoro, Kaisi, Nalitzis, Anatolakis, Pantos, Okkas, Stoltidis

PANIONIOS: Drobni, Vlcek, Makos, Domoro (58' Zimonic), Spiropoulos, Galanopoulos, Tziolis (70' Tsiolis), Kiassos (46' Kaisi), Goundoulakis, Breska, Nalitzis.

OLYMPIAKOS: Nikopolidis, Pantos, Georgatos, Kostoulas, Anatolakis, Stoltidis, Castillo (38' Schurrer), Kafes (91+1 Taralidis), Okkas (87' Maric), Rivaldo, Djordjevic.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Isn't there already a thread for this.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Erm, okay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dont think they have Marcus.
I know covert and Goonis are trying their damnest for this to hapen but theadmins of xtartime have not succumbed to them like Kosmas did....not yet anyway.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hang on, I can't see any of Inferno's posts even though the thread says he's the last poster.
Any ideas whats happening>?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the official site :-

Following the game against Panionos, Dusan Bajevic said: “It was a very important game and we faced a very tough opponent. We started off well and missed out on a good opportunity but then and for the next ten minutes, Panionios became very dangerous and could have scored a goal. After the Pantos was sent off, we had some tough moments but with Schurrer in the game, the team performed better and he created some goalscoring opportunities giving the team some tempo for the first time after many games. Every player did what he had to do and the boys deserve my congratulations and much more than just that. We were much more motivated thanks to that difficult situation we have been through lately. Now that we are leading the league we should try and remain calm and be aware that if we are not very careful it can easily blow up in our faces. Olympiacos in the second half performed very well. We scored and did all that we had to. I wish Panionios all the best in the future. I will not talk about rightfulness. Besides, this success belong to the boys. We are in a very good position at the moment but we still have many games to go. We must prepare ourselves for any occasion and try to be the best we can in every game.”

George Anatolakis said: “Congratulations to my teammates and to the technical staff. We did everything our coach told us this morning. That is to say we were powerful, willing and passionate. Panionios had many opportunities to score but when Pantos was sent off we became stubborn and from that point on we gave it our best in order to win these three points. We finished off the game in the second half. During the first half many incidents occurred. We are happy now and victorious. I would also like to say something about our president who came over at practice to see us. He asked two victories of us. One against Iraklis and one against Panionios and I think we’ve made him happy. There is one more round to go. We must keep on winning every game we play. Reviews are made at the end. We will do our best in order to achieve our goals. I could say that today we proved that we our very tough.”

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Marcus7 said:
Hang on, I can't see any of Inferno's posts even though the thread says he's the last poster.
Any ideas whats happening>?
Hes been banned in record time, two days. The mods deleated all his posts etc etc. He can thank pming insults and posting vlakies.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Covert said:
Hes been banned in record time, two days. The mods deleated all his posts etc etc. He can thank pming insults and posting vlakies.
Well I thought that at first this morning but then he's posted in other threads since at 11am, after I noticed that hes gone. Really strange.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts