Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CONVOCATI - Ecco i 20 calciatori italiani inseriti nell'album (Donadoni agli Europei ne porterà 23, ndr): Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon, Marco Amelia; Difensori: Fabio Cannavaro, Christian Panucci, Marco Materazzi, Andrea Barzagli, Fabio Grosso, Massimo Oddo, Gianluca Zambrotta; Centrocampisti: Massimo Ambrosini, Gennaro Gattuso, Simone Perrotta, Daniele De Rossi, Andrea Pirlo, Mauro German Camoranesi; Attaccanti: Fabio Quagliarella, Luca Toni, Antonio Di Natale, Alessandro Del Piero, Vincenzo Iaquinta. L'album è in vendita in tutte le edicole al prezzo di 2 euro, mentre una bustina contenente 5 figurine costa 0,60 euro.

----------------------------------------------------------------

:D

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
What a crap squad that would be.........weird to see no Aquilani. And of course, if there is no Cassano, no Euro title :D

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont believe Cassano is the only difference to Italy winning or losing at Euro 2008... we went out in round 1 of Euro 2004 with him, we won the World Cup in 2006 without.

·
Administrator
52,968 Posts
The only grave difference is no Chiellini and Aquilani, but will be or must be there. Otherwise, thats our final Squad people (minus Del Piero, and perhaps plus a third keeper).

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I dont believe Cassano is the only difference to Italy winning or losing at Euro 2008... we went out in round 1 of Euro 2004 with him, we won the World Cup in 2006 without.
World Cup manager was one of greatest manager ever and we got god version Cannavaro

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had a good version of everyone, the only way we would win this too. Cassano's importance to this team is not as much as Buffon, Cannavaro, a healthy Zambrotta, a healthy Pirlo and Toni... this is shown by the fact that we played 2 games in qualification with Cassano, we won neither game and gained 1 point... with Di Natale we won every game he started.

·
Administrator
52,968 Posts
Indeed Cassano's last inclusion in NT, fall of 2006, nice little show against Lithuania, made an assist and some dribbles but not enough to make the team win against a weak team. Next and final game against France, comfortable loss and Cassano was quite bad in the game.

Besides the euro, this is basically his NT career so far.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
I think the difference was Trapatonni and the famous "no Pirlo" line-ups.

I'd like either Cassano or Del Piero for back up for Di Natale.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree and even thoug DP is a such a dinosaur now, he always comes good before Euro 08... at the moment I would call Di Natale, Borriello, Toni, Quagliarella and either 1 of Cassano or Del Piero. I would also call Iaquinta if Oddo is definitely injured (we can make do with 7 defenders I think because Panucci and Chiellini can play CB and SB). At this point Id even consider not taking Perrotta because of his form has been terrible, but I still believe the importance of Perrotta is still there at times.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Indeed Cassano's last inclusion in NT, fall of 2006, nice little show against Lithuania, made an assist and some dribbles but not enough to make the team win against a weak team. Next and final game against France, comfortable loss and Cassano was quite bad in the game.

Besides the euro, this is basically his NT career so far.
poor guys deano and osmamama

that cassano was suck...fat and no on-form

at this moment, he is backed fantantonio perfectly

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is a very good player at the moment, but I cant stand the overhyping.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
I agree and even thoug DP is a such a dinosaur now, he always comes good before Euro 08... at the moment I would call Di Natale, Borriello, Toni, Quagliarella and either 1 of Cassano or Del Piero. I would also call Iaquinta if Oddo is definitely injured (we can make do with 7 defenders I think because Panucci and Chiellini can play CB and SB). At this point Id even consider not taking Perrotta because of his form has been terrible, but I still believe the importance of Perrotta is still there at times.

I would bring Perrotta no doubt.

·
Administrator
52,968 Posts
Word.

Even if its mainly done by a ridicolous little daft kid who needs other people to argument for him for his extreme fanboyism. I draw the line when one says a very talented but totally failed career wise player, is better then Italy's best player for almost a decade now.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts

Waste 2 seasons in madrid and fat but he is backed...overhyping is need:pp
no player could find top form like him

he is most talented italian player ever:proud:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Several players could find top form like him. In the EPL, Serie A and La Liga... hell even in the Bundesliga.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
so quickly? maybe not.

Is Oddo out of Euro? Important question, I am making my Euro Squad :)

I'm also starting to consider bringing 7 defenders, but I don't have much faith in Panucci as much as I could.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
All I will say is Di Natale (I like Di Natale I just dont think he has the quality) will show at the Euro's why we need Cassano there :)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts