Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walter Pandiani, delantero del Deportivo de La Coruña, acusó a Javier Irureta, su entrenador, de que "siempre trata de lavarse las manos cuando las cosas andan mal en el equipo. Irureta tendría que ser el primero en tratar de sacar esto a flote, pero siempre hace eso y tira la mierda para el costado".

El 'Rifle', le hizo honor a su apodo y le apuntó a la cabeza al técnico vasco con su Winchester, en una entrevista concedida al diario 'La Opinión de A Coruña'. Pandiani afirmó además que "es una injusticia que me siga manteniendo como suplente" y arremetió contra el míster, rechazando las duras declaraciones que había efectuado Irureta momentos después de que el 'Depor' empatara contra el Numancia 1-1.

"Se está hundiendo el barco y el entrenador es el primero que tiene que dar la cara y defender a los futbolistas, no darnos todavía más por la cabeza", disparó. "Creo que el técnico tiene una cuota importante de responsabilidad en lo que está sucediendo. Todos tenemos un cincuenta por ciento de culpa. Entrenadores y jugadores, pues todos somos del mismo grupo y tiramos del mismo lado", completó. Los entrenamientos programados por Irureta también fueron criticados por Pandiani. "Si no se hacen bien las cosas en la semana, tarde o temprano van a salir mal en los partidos y si salen mal... aquí estamos, jodidos. Si seguimos así, cada día nos iremos más abajo en la clasificación", aseguró el goleador charrúa.

Por último, el 'Rifle' insinuó que el club debería buscarle una salida en el mercado invernal si continúa sin jugar: "Si el entrenador no quiere contar conmigo ya sabe lo que tiene que hacer. Quedan todavía quince días y aún estamos a tiempo de buscar una solución", subrayó Pandiani, quien por otra parte, en caso de tener que irse, no quiere hacerlo a préstamo. "Cedido no voy a ir a ningún sitio. Ya pasé por eso. Además, mi deseo es cumplir mi contrato, pero creo que no me están valorando convenientemente", sentenció.

from www.elmundodeportivo.es
---------------------------

In short:

"He (Irureta) should be the first one to try to solve the problems, but he always washes his hands."

"If we continue this way, we will be even in a lower position in the Liga standings"

"If the coach doesn't trust me he knows what he must do. There are still 15 days left and we can still find a solution"

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Why doesn´t Pandiani shut his mouth and train harder to make the team? Maybe he´s too busy with his truck..:eek:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Pandiani, work hard? Too difficult;)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Well I kinda agree with him. Tristan has done nothing in the games he played so he sure as hell deserves a starting place as our lone striker even though he hasn't been in that great of from but who has? The whole team is mediocre at it's best with only Luque and Munitis standing out.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Great....

Irureta wants Pandiani to be punished for outburst

MADRID, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Deportivo Coruna coach Javier Irureta has called for the club to punish Uruguayan striker Walter Pandiani after the player launched a stinging attack on the way he was running the team.
"His (Pandiani's) comments were subjective, unjust and damaging to the morale of the team," Irureta told reporters on Wednesday. "I am going to send a report to the club and hope that they fine him or take even tougher action."
Pandiani made his criticisms in interviews published in two local newspapers, accusing Irureta of not being tough enough and of selecting players who were not pulling their weight.
"Never before have I seen a coach who doesn't demand more from players when they aren't working as they should, but it's happening here," Pandiani told La Voz de Galicia.
"There are only six or seven members of the squad who are training properly and that shouldn't be permitted. We have to work hard or else the whole ship will go down.
"I'm shattered every day I arrive home, but many other players aren't. Nobody is motivating us. The coach should be leading the way, but he isn't."
The 28-year-old Pandiani has failed to earn a regular place in the Deportivo starting line-up this season despite the 2000 Primera Liga champions struggling to mount a title challenge.
They are mired in 12th place in the table after winning just five of their 19 league games, were knocked out of the King's Cup in the second round and made an embarrassing exit from the Champions League, failing to score a goal in the group phase.
Irureta, 56, is the longest serving coach in any Primera Liga side, having been at Deportivo for the last seven seasons.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Pandiani is an idiot, but if he wants to fight, he's gonna lose. Maybe the Depor fan is not happy with the current Irureta's team, but I'm sure that they know what this man has done for their club.

Okay, the team is not working fine, but Irureta is not the one to be blamed. He already said last season that he needed reinforcements. Deportivo has lost key players as Naybet or Makaay and some others are going to retire (Fran and Mauro Silva). No one has come to replace them, what is he supposed to do?

Moreover, I don't know who is Pandiani to say whay Irureta has to do or say. Maybe Tristan is not the best thing on Earth, but I don't know what Pandiani has done to deserve more minutes.

The fans will make him pay for it.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Pandiani is an idiot, but if he wants to fight, he's gonna lose. Maybe the Depor fan is not happy with the current Irureta's team, but I'm sure that they know what this man has done for their club.

Okay, the team is not working fine, but Irureta is not the one to be blamed. He already said last season that he needed reinforcements. Deportivo has lost key players as Naybet or Makaay and some others are going to retire (Fran and Mauro Silva). No one has come to replace them, what is he supposed to do?

Moreover, I don't know who is Pandiani to say whay Irureta has to do or say. Maybe Tristan is not the best thing on Earth, but I don't know what Pandiani has done to deserve more minutes.

The fans will make him pay for it.
Well you can't really blame Pandiani for this. He feels that by his work ethic and how he plays when he plays COMPARED to Tristan, he deserves more. His frustration is no surprise, we are going through a crisis and I doubt that anyone is really happy at the club. Now I am aware of how much Irrueta helped, I know what he did for us but THIS season he has to take some if not a big part of the blame. He is a good coach but he is too hard headed to try anything new. I don't understand why we never play with two attackers. I don't understand why we never pressure the opponent until we absolutely need to. Irrueta is not aggresive enough, this is the reason why we didn't win the C.L last season. He's a good coach but he has a lot of negatives too. Right now it seems that we could play with no coach and get in the same results...

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
I think that Irureta really want to leave Depor at the end of the season.

Valeron is the only player who hasn´t got problems with him :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Depor to take action over Pandiani

MADRID, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Deportivo Coruna have opened disciplinary proceedings against Uruguayan striker Walter Pandiani following his criticism of coach Javier Irureta, the Primera Liga club said on Thursday.

Irureta had called for the club to punish Pandiani following the comments the player made in a recent interviews with local newspapers.

Pandiani accused Irureta of not being tough enough and of selecting players even though they were not pulling their weight on the pitch.

'Never before have I seen a coach who doesn't demand more from players when they aren't working as they should, but it's happening here,' Pandiani told La Voz de Galicia.

'There are only six or seven members of the squad who are training properly and that shouldn't be permitted. We have to work hard or else the whole ship will go down ... I'm shattered every day I arrive home, but many other players aren't.

'Nobody is motivating us. The coach should be leading the way, but he isn't doing it,' added the 28-year-old striker, who has failed to earn himself a regular place in the Deportivo starting line-up this season.

Deportivo have been the most consistent Primera Liga clubs in recent seasons, winning the league title in 2000 and finishing in the top three in each of the last five campaigns.

But they have made a miserable start to the present season and lie in 12th place in the table after winning just five of their 19 league games.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

He does have a point, Depor were a very consistent club and if the coach is not motivating the player's he should go. I wonder if they will punish Pandiani for what he said?.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Alex-10 said:
He does have a point, Depor were a very consistent club and if the coach is not motivating the player's he should go. I wonder if they will punish Pandiani for what he said?.
I don't deny Irureta's responsability, but the players have thier guilt too. Actually, Irureta is asking for reincforcements since long ago and Lendoiro doesn't have a cent to spend in somethind decent.

In any case, Pandiani can't never say what he said. Irureta is his boss and he is going to choose the best for the team. If Panidiani is not the best for the team, then he should accept it. I don't know what Pandiani has done in this life to talk as if he were Pelé.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Koeman4 said:
In any case, Pandiani can't never say what he said. Irureta is his boss and he is going to choose the best for the team. If Panidiani is not the best for the team, then he should accept it. I don't know what Pandiani has done in this life to talk as if he were Pelé.
He has good offers and he wants to leave, this just a way to obligate Depor to sell him...:yuck:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I don't deny Irureta's responsability, but the players have thier guilt too. Actually, Irureta is asking for reincforcements since long ago and Lendoiro doesn't have a cent to spend in somethind decent.
When a team is performing bad it is usually the coach that get's the blame but I know what you are saying. Pandiani shouldn't have said those things and he probably wouldn't have said it if he was in the starting 11. I guess he isn't happy with the coach becuase of not putting him in the starting 11 and Depor results, so he said those things so he could get a transfer. Irureta called upon the club to heavily punish Pandiani, and they have backed him fully by fining him, as well as placing him on the transfer list :eek:. I know about him asking for re-inforcements but he should do better than 12th place with the sqaud he has now, come on!!!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
GICA said:
I think that Irureta really want to leave Depor at the end of the season.

Valeron is the only player who hasn´t got problems with him :D
Because Valeron is the all around definition of class.

The problem in Depor is that they've overachieved and are experience a horrible withdrawl like an addict getting off drugs. I think the sooner they boost a bid for Bianchi, the better chance they'll have of not having this problem.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
SPANIARD said:
Because Valeron is the all around definition of class.
Or maybe because he's the all around definition of shyness and quietness? Valeron is a classy player and individual but he has never had that fire in him. I actually think that that is one of his problems, he need more fire and he needs to let his opinion heard just a little more!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Today Nicolas Anelka signed a 3,5 year contract with Fenerbahce

In our club's Television FBTV , our vice-president said PAndiani was the alternative for Anelka and if Anelka didnot sign on Monday PAndiani would sign for Fenerbahçe..

All agreements were made both with Deportivo and PAndiani..

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah classy player Valeron but i've never seen him like first of all play HARD... like Gattuso... or yell at someone on the pitch... he's always like very laid back... relaxed and sorry to say but acts like a *****.... he needs to be more in CHARGE... more leadership and voice his opinions... seems like he's a classy wonderful player and one of my favs but lacks in testosterone.. I mean i yell and talk when i play a game of football for FUN.. because there is no forget its just a game.... you have to give your best.. Valeron just too relaxed... its one of his only weaknesses apart from obvious lack of pace which he makes up for though with other qualities.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts