Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Goran Pandev has stated to Dnevnik «Lazio want to renew my contract for other three years, I am very pleased about that, but we have to talk about wages. I know there are European clubs who are ready to spend big fees for me, but Lazio are my first choice. I have settle down well in Rome and I am happy to live here. I speak Italian well so at the moment the main priority is to stay at my current club. I think we can reach an agreement on wages, perhaps about 1,5 / 2 million euro a season»

This interview contain something to hope for and other things to fear about.
Good to hear that Goran is happy in Rome and that he wants to stay at Lazio, problem is the wages he wants. Surely at 1,5 million euro an agreement is very possible, even knowing Lotito will start from 1 million euro a season. After all, those wages would still be in the region of those of Bianchi and Rocchi, so I really don't see any scandal here, and his teammates would not make any fuss about that. With Bianchi's arrival and Rocchi's new contract, it was clear that the salary cap has been lifted, and Pandev's 450.000 euro a season doesn't reflect the player's worth, compared to the other components of the Trident.

2 million euro are in a different field, if Pandev ('s agent) really asks for that amount of money a season, then keeping him would not be so easy, and all in all, if he sticks at asking 2 million euro, that could mean:
a) that he knows that is highly unlikely that Lotito will accept to pay such wages and he would feel free to move out without being blamed.
b) that even if Lotito agrees, this could really harm the atmosphere in the dressing room, leaving aside the fact that the other players would take Lotito's villa under siege to ask for doubled wages.

On the other side probably Goran wants 2 million knowing that with Lotito you have to ask 200 to get 120 (or even 100...). Let's cross our fingers.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Pandev deserves the same as Rocchi...I'm sure at that figure the deal can be done. If Lotito wants to save money, I still say don't buy Bianchi...

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
As mentioned a million times before on this forum, Lotito should come up with an overall wage cap for the entire team, the current one is too restrictive and tends to force us to end up with two mediocre players instead of one very good one (like Meghni and Del Nero instead of say Cassano or Miccoli). I am not sure if this will be enough to satisfy Pandev who can get a better wage even as a sub in some bigger team but we have to try, if for nothing else then because a really long-term contract with us will increase his transfer value.

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
Did you just say your best player earns 450.000 in salary? :dazed: You are lucky he isnt a a gunho primadonna mercenary to have put up with that salary all this time. He is a quality player, who easily could earn at the minimum 3 times that elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
True, if you compare, Pandev is getting way too little, and all the players of his quality are getting at least 1.5 million.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Well it worked for three years, and kudos to Lotito for that. We pay less salaries this season than frigging Catania. But we all knew it had to end at some point, and Bianchi's and Rocchi's contracts did just that. Now Pandev should get the same money. Ledesma also deserves a raise. I don't think any of the others is in such bargaining position...

I haven't got the info with me, but Inzaghino's contract finally ran out, right? If not, that's a million to deal with. Baronio has one more year and we probably won't be able to offload him. 800k down the drain with him.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Did you just say your best player earns 450.000 in salary? :dazed: You are lucky he isnt a a gunho primadonna mercenary to have put up with that salary all this time. He is a quality player, who easily could earn at the minimum 3 times that elsewhere.
That is correct. The reason for it is that Lotito imposed a strict limit on the salaries, in order to put Lazio's finances in order. And it worked.

Now that we have a solid financial foundation again, things need to be put in order in a sportive sense as well. So the salaries will need to be raised. It has already happened with Rocchi, and it will probably happen with Pandev as well.

Certainly the likes of Pandev and Rocchi could have departed to clubs that offered them more, but would they still be sure of a place in the starting 11 every week? At Lazio they are the big fishes in the pond, but would they also be that at Chelsea or Inter?

And it's not like € 450,000.00 a year is peanuts either.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We pay less salaries this season than frigging Catania.
Just found this interesting table about the amount of wages Serie A clubs pay to their players (and the player who earns most - updated at the beginning of the season):

1. Milan 120 mln (Kakà 6)
2. Inter 110 (Ibra, Adri e Vieira 5)
3. Juventus 97 (Buffon 5)
4. Roma 60 (Totti 5,5)
5. Fiorentina 30 (Frey e Mutu 1,5)
6. Palermo 25 (Barzagli, Amauri e Miccoli 1)
7. Sampdoria 24 (Cassano 1,2)
8. Torino 23 (Recoba 1,5)
9. Genoa 21 (Di Vaio e Figueroa 1,25)
10. Napoli 20 (Zalayeta 0,8)
11. Catania 18,5 (Stovini 0,65)
12. Lazio 18 (Baronio 0,75)
13. Livorno 15 (Amelia 1)
14. Udinese 14,5 (Di Natale 0,65)
15. Parma 14 (Corradi 1,6)
16. Reggina 12,5 (Amoruso 0,8)
17. Empoli 12 (Saudati 0,45)
18. Siena 11,5 (Locatelli, Bucchi e Maccarone 0,7)
19. Atalanta 11,5 (S. Inzaghi 1)
20. Cagliari 11 (Conti 0,35).

In details about Lazio players (updated at the beginning of the season):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
And it's not like € 450,000.00 a year is peanuts either.
Not for you and me, but for a player that Bayern wants it is...

But I'm sure that the deal can be done. Pandev is happy with us, he's more or less guaranteed a starting role, and I don't think he demands more money than Rocchi.

It would be crazy for us to sell him now after his best season with us, especially as the transfer fee would not be more than what we'd pay for Bianchi.

Aq, that's the same table I have. De Silvestri and Rocchi got new contracts. Do you remember anybody else?

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
He will for sure not demand much if he has put all this time of getting less then Tare and Makinwa :howler:

Seriously, rather shocking your best player has quietly earnt these peanuts. It indeed is peanuts, because our frigging youth reserve players earn those figures. I am pretty sure someone like Birendelli who is like 8th reserve earns more then him too.

A raise is well over due. Good you can finally get better financial health, and raise your quality a bit. Catania pays more? (where does all your money go...), nevertheless, must eko Ano's point about it would be better of you paid good salary for a quality player that can raise you a bit, instead of paying average salary to two crappy below average players.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Not for you and me, but for a player that Bayern wants it is...
It indeed is peanuts
I see your point of course, but I indeed was relating it to what other people, who aren't professional football players, make.

Consider that I have a 40 hour work week, with travelling and overtime, it's close to 60 hours. Compare that to Pandev, or any other pro-football player, how many hours a week does he have to work? At most 1.5 hours, or 3 hours (in case of a cup match). That's 20 times less than what I put in, yet he earns 10 times more!

And of course he also trains, but I train as well (continuing education) and I do that in my spare time.

So either I get paid faaaar to little -- something that my company director tells me is not the case :groan: -- or Pandev is ludicrously over paid, not to mention the likes of Kaka!

Osman said:
A raise is well over due
Yeah, for me and every other 9 to 5-er out there! :stuckup:

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Seeing that we could land a contract extention with Rocchi gives me hope that we could do the same with Pandev. He has been instrumental this season and if we could keep him at the club it would be great. If we want to get better we need continuity in key positions and raise the bar on the players we attract.

However, I still have my doubts if we can be able to hold on to him if Bayern or another big club arrives with an offer. Even if Pandev says his priority is to stay, he could soon change his tune, it happens all the time.

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
Get back to me in comparing you and Pandevs salary when you can do this :lala:

[tub]eSRbPGX7wJ4[/tub]

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
I see your point of course, but I indeed was relating it to what other people, who aren't professional football players, make.

Consider that I have a 40 hour work week, with travelling and overtime, it's close to 60 hours. Compare that to Pandev, or any other pro-football player, how many hours a week does he have to work? At most 1.5 hours, or 3 hours (in case of a cup match). That's 20 times less than what I put in, yet he earns 10 times more!

And of course he also trains, but I train as well (continuing education) and I do that in my spare time.

So either I get paid faaaar to little -- something that my company director tells me is not the case :groan: -- or Pandev is ludicrously over paid, not to mention the likes of Kaka!

Yeah, for me and every other 9 to 5-er out there! :stuckup:
I'll take a print of this and go see my boss right now!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where does all your money go...
To start with, according to the "Piano Baraldi", 6 million euro a year for the next 20 years go to the Italian State... Cragnotti's inheritance.

Kaf, I heard something about Igli Tare renewing his contract, but I don't know for how much and for how long. Ah, and then, of course, there's Puma extending their contract with Lazio until 2012 for 14 million euro + other 6 million of benefit for trophy winning or taking part in European competititions.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Obviously almost all football players are ridiculously overpaid...it's normally two or three hours of training a day. Of course it takes quite a bit of effort to get into that position, but once you're there, it's one of the easier jobs.

But somehow I think this would not be a very fruitful strategy for Lotito in the negotiations. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
To start with, according to the "Piano Baraldi", 6 million euro a year for the next 20 years go to the Italian State... Cragnotti's inheritance.

Kaf, I heard something about Igli Tare renewing his contract, but I don't know for how much and for how long. Ah, and then, of course, there's Puma extending their contract with Lazio until 2012 for 14 million euro + other 6 million of benefit for trophy winning or taking part in European competititions.
In the tax plan that was supposed to be so very very unfair, the biggest travesty in Italian justice. Unlike the Parma method of changing a letter in the club's name and paying zilch of the debts. That's all good and moral. Still pisses me off.

I've heard nothing about Tare's contract...perhaps we should find a younger player to develop in that position.

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
Aquila, god damn :eekani: What an upstanding guy Cragnotti is :wallbang:

Kafka: If your name is Harry Kewell, and you can be injured all day long and "relaxing from any further strains" year after year, and still earn big time player salary, its indeed an easy and dream occupation.

But in general, I dont tend to judge how well off players are, because no matter what we say, they get it because they can do something very few people can.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
So do many others, and they don't get paid anything like that...footballers are lucky to be in a profession where loads of money is made, and only needed to distribute to very few people.

I won't go into the whole deserved-or-not debate, but I'm always amused when footballers complain how difficult it is for them.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts