Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Panathinaikos president Angleos Phillipides has claimed in the Greek media that a deal for Inter's Portugese international Paulo Sousa is all but concluded.

"The deal is done," Phillipides told reporters. "There are one or two details remaining but we are moving on to deal with two more signings."

The two deals in question are for Croatian defender Daniel Saric, who looks set to move from Dynamo Zagreb, and a new contract for last season's top scorer Nikos Liveropoulos.

Liberopoulos, 21, had been linked with a swap move with either Ivan Zamorano or Sousa moving the other way from the Milan club. But that always looked unlikely to appeal to the Athens club as it would involve them losing their prize asset.

Sousa has yet to comment on any prospective move from Italy to Greece and is likely to take some time to recover form the disappointment of his country's loss to France in the semi-final of Euro 2000.

What do you think about that one?:)

I

·
0 Posts
I'm glad that Sousa is leaving. He is been unproductive this season. This clears the way for a midfield with Pirlo, Di Biagio, and Seedorf. Personally I like what Lippi is doing with the team. With the recent purchases of Italian talent he is showing that he is trying to make a team of players with talent not a team of players with "names". I also hope he sells Jugovic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts