Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paloschi's on Reggina road Friday 23 May, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have given the green light for teenage striker Alberto Paloschi to join Reggina on loan.

The 18-year-old made a splash last term when he scored in both legs of the Rossoneri’s Coppa Italia last 16 clash against Catania.

Paloschi also stole the headlines when he netted in his Serie A debut against Siena in February after just 18 seconds on the pitch as a substitute.

However, the young gun still needs to adapt to the pressures of playing the game at the highest level and Milan are looking for him to gain some top-flight experience before he pulls on the Diavolo shirt again.

The world champions’ Vice-President Adriano Galliani met with Reggina President Lillo Foti yesterday and it seems that a deal has been agreed.

Unless Paloschi objects to the switch, he will spend next season at the Stadio Granillo, where the Amaranto are looking to replace talismanic hitman Nicola Amoruso, who has his heart set on a move to Spain.

Just saw this on Channel4. Makes sense imo, as he needs seasoning and is not ready to be a first team player for Milan. I think potential first team play with Reggina is a lot better than occasional minutes at Milan. Let's hope he shows his stuff and comes back to us ready to play in a year (or two).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny. ;) Gila needs a confidence boost and the support of a bigger club. Going to some remote outpost of calcio would have killed him. Keeping Paloschi around would have done more to stall his growth than help it.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adriano created his own problems through bad habits and attitude. Gila always had a good attitude and effort. His mistake was getting onto the fans' shitlist and not being given a chance to get off of it.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I saw of him playing, he is a top talent. However, we saw so little that we need to see him play a lot over a season. he will not get that with Milan next year. Nor should he at this point.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Hopefully He'll return ready to oust Inzaghi in squad, and create a dynamic partnership with Kaka & Pato. Good luck Alberto.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Pato-Paloschi pairing could be very sweet. Both are mobile and skilled forwards.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Agreed with Bern. Without Paloschi, we will have only Pato and Pippo since I hope Gila will be sold and Ronny dumped... therefore we need at least 2 strong attackers, cause anything less but 4 quality strikers would be suicide.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
I would have liked to see him stay as a substriker. His role could be that of Balotelli or Suazo of last year. But the loan is not a bad decision as long as he works there. That is the big problem with loans, if they fail at a small club, they probably will never come back to mainstream for a while (Recoba and Borriello are rather exceptional).

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agreed with Bern. Without Paloschi, we will have only Pato and Pippo since I hope Gila will be sold and Ronny dumped... therefore we need at least 2 strong attackers, cause anything less but 4 quality strikers would be suicide.
We needed two new good forwards anyway. Maybe not Benzema level but a top guy and a good rotation player. I don't see Paloschi as either, although with seasoning he becomes a strong rotation guy and perhaps a starter (hopefully).

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would have liked to see him stay as a substriker. His role could be that of Balotelli or Suazo of last year. But the loan is not a bad decision as long as he works there. That is the big problem with loans, if they fail at a small club, they probably will never come back to mainstream for a while (Recoba and Borriello are rather exceptional).

The logic being if they fail at a small club they are not "Milan Quality" as we tend to say around here. Btu I agree, I'd hate to see Paloschi's confidence crushed with a difficult loan spell.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It can't really hurt loaning Paloschi out he'd get heap's of regular playing time and a good chance to boost up his confidence.

·
The summer poster
397 Posts
I hope Paloschi will be able to prove himself at Reggina and come back to challenge for a starting place. It's always difficult for forwards who are on loan to smaller clubs. If their loan clubs don't make a lot of chances and just defend all game, it'd be quite difficult for them to score bucketloads even if they're very good.

From the little I saw from him, he has a good eye for goal, impressive finishing and the heart and grit to rival Rino's. Not to mention he's a true Rossonero. He's been in the Milan youth team since he was 8.

P.S. I think his obsession with Pippo is adorable. Apparently he wanted his parents to name his little brother Fillipo and his room is full of Pippo figurines and posters.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
There are rumors that Billy is going to manage Reggina next season.

Wow, we can have Reggina like Juve have at Siena. Would be nothing short of awesome.
We pretty much had half of Empoli.:flirt::D

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I want to bring Abate back after watching him play. Anyone else? He has speed, technique, he's aggressive. He's a wide attacker which we totally lack if we go 442 as they say.

I don't mind Palo leaving for loan. He'll start every week. Our 4 forwards next season will be Pato, Borriello, Drog-Eto', and Shevmerdako.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts