Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news. :)

Palladino extends contract until 2011

Raffaele Palladino has extended his one-year contract. The new agreement will keep him at Juventus until June 30 2011.

Juventus' Director of Sport Alessio Secco commented the deal speaking to Juventus Channel: «In the last few months there have been unfounded rumours regarding Palladino leaving the Club, but Raffaele has grown up with us, he loves Juventus and there were no doubts about him wanting and being able to continue playing with us.

This extension is an opportunity for him and for Juventus to keep growing together».

And speaking of the transfer market, Secco emphasized that the rumours, which have appeared in some newspapers, regarding Juventus possibly being interested in Flamini, and Arsenal being annoyed by this, are totally unfounded: «There's no truth to our being interested in Flamini. Needless to say, he's an excellent player, but we never tried to get him, in fact this morning our MD Blanc contacted Arsenal to reassure them. A transparent gesture, important in terms of maintaining good relationships between two big clubs such as Juventus and Arsenal, and which was appreciated by the London Club ».

http://juventus.com/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_24E24CC70CBD45C182CFF3C1AD671D02.asp

He's a young talent, he and Giovinco are part of our future inshallah, hopefully we don't waste them. :)

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
I don't think this changes anything in particular, it just means we've extended his contract so we don't lose him for free.

I can't see him staying, he's simply not Juve material.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I don't think this changes anything in particular, it just means we've extended his contract so we don't lose him for free.

I can't see him staying, he's simply not Juve material.

at best he'll become a reliable 4th/5th man on the depth chart or trade bait for someone good.

·
Scudetto
23,581 Posts
I remember right after the Calciopoli verdict he was labeled 'The Next Zlatan'.

Now he's 'The New Nedved'?

:D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I thought it was Palladinho.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think he can do well for us but at the moment being 4th in the pecking order as a forward isnt helping him.

With Nedved and Del Piero nearing the end, and even Camoranesi becoming injury prone, it does open the door for a player like Palladino and even Giovinco to come in and take over.

This team is by far complete and with no true playmaker being rumoured, it seems imminent that the future could see a trio upfront...that is unless Ranieri gets the boot.

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
I remember right after the Calciopoli verdict he was labeled 'The Next Zlatan'.
The only bullshit "next" hype he was labelled with, and not even the most optimistic bought, was being called the new DP. Simply for being italian and Juve primavera player.

This guy is a reserve player at best.

·
MVP
8,991 Posts
He was supposed to be "the next big thing" and he didn't live up to it. In Serie B he looked like that player. Likewise in Livorno. But in Juve's current Serie A campaign he's just average.

He has his moments, but hasn't been consistent at all this season. And at the age of 23 now, he should stop being "tinkered" or rotated. Either you rely on him as a forward or a winger. He should establish himself in one position before trying to rediscover his versatility.

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
We hardly saw Serie B (scored some goals, but hardly proved the hype), and he was far from looking anything in Livorno. He was anonymous and average there.

He is tried as a winger mostly out of necessity, but also because he has no hope of getting in in forward&striker position. Our 3 players there are much much better then him.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I am going to have to disagree with some things here. I think Palladino was seen as an excellent prospect (he still is) at his time during Livorno, and at his time there he didn't finish on a lot of his opportunities he showed his excellent technical ability. He is still the only player I have seen to beat Nesta clean on a nutmeg, something that he did at Livorno. The comparisons to Ibrahimovic were about his technical ability and that he is versatile player as he could play winger, support striker, and as a target man, the latter of which along with the technical ability is what prompted the Ibrahimovic comparisons, even though based on that thinking they were ridiculous to make.

As for Palldino only showing flashes, he has more consistent flashes than Nedved has this season, with Nedved playing more than Palladino. Based on this I don't think it is Palladino's fault that he hasn't stormed the first team, but rather I put it to Ranieri's decision making and his faith in older players. While this isn't a point in favour of Palladino, who I would like to think would be capable of starting more often by now, it isn't necessarily a point against. Palladino remains an excellent prospect and he is slowly becoming a player to be counted on. He does have to improve, especially when it comes to scoring, but he is one of Juventus' most consistently creative players and their most dynamic. Signing him is an investment, and while he may be used as trade bait, I still think there is a possibility that he could be if not a star a solid contributor to Juventus for several years to come. Judging by Juventus' decision to sign him, I don't think they disagree with that notion.

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
Sorry, but you cant be taken seriously when you said he has shown more consistency then Nedved, and say him dribbling Nesta means anything (I have seen Santana and Reginaldo make complete fool out of Nesta, means little). He has been one of the weak spots of Juve this season, not someone who has shown more impact/flashes then one of our better players (he is not becoming a player to count on, because he consistently dissapoints in every Juve game, and I have seen exactly all of them).

And his Livorno days, he had some hype, but he went unnoticed there in general, he didnt have much impact or contribution, and eventually got benched.

I would like him to succedeed and prove himself, but until he does, and not just go unnoticed and do nothing at all as so far, then he deserves to be questionned. He is nothing more then a reserve player so far (only few good things this season is the link-up in Napoli game, and Reggina goal, rest are basically average or below average performances).

·
Registered
917 Posts
Nedved has had some pretty atrocious games for Juventus this season and in those games Palladino has out played him and produced more offensively, something you look for in a player like Nedved. While I don't disagree that he is a reserve player, he still remains a good prospect and some one who can contribute to Juventus, perhaps not at a superstar level but as a solid producer... something of which he is capable. Personally, I don't think our assessment of Palladino is far off from each others, though I seem to view him in a more positive light.

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
You are COMPLETELY and utterly off base regarding Palladino being better then Nedved this season. Doesnt mean Nedved been has been stellar, has been really poor at times, especially start of the season, he has better couple of months recently. But every single one will tell you here, Nedved despite the inconsistency, has had much much better impact and performances then Palla for us. Its so frigging obvious if you watch our games. Nedved despite declining shows a very good end game and individual impact occasionally.

Palla stomps around and trying to dribble, but he has had zero end product. He cant finish off attack, never shoots, and loses ball often in the form and not successfully passing/crossing that much. He is a good product, but he is 24 already and so far is at best a 4-5th backup forward. Nothing more. In merit, he doesnt deserve anything, and its very flattering to compare him to Nedved (alot of us was saying play Palla when Nedved was at his worst, Palla was played and he was way way worse. Has never had any real impact or performance for us).

You want to be positive for Palla, and I want him to succedeed to, but lets stick to reality. If you check our ratings, Palla will show himself to be one of our weaker players. While Nedved will be just behind a couple of other players, but be quite good in overall. They arent comparable.

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
The crux of the matter when you're playing for a big team (or any team) is that when you have the opportunity to start games, you have to impress. Palladino hasn't and because he's pretty low in the pecking order at Juve, that hasn't been many times. But it's upto him to make the most of his few opportunities and make it difficult for Ranieri to omit him from the line-up. He hasn't done that at all.

I don't believe he was touted as highly as some of you claim, his only full season at Livorno was not a success, 2 goals in 21 games is not a tangible return on an investment, and he wasn't impressive in other respects. He only returned to Juve after the exodus due to our relegation.

And we will in all probability get rid of him this summer, as we attempt to build a competitive squad from a stronger position than previously.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
If he could actually score goals he would be a good player. him being able to run around with the ball means nothing when it doesn't produce anything.

·
Administrator
53,290 Posts
Exactly Nero, he was anonymous in Livorno, he didnt do antyhing or had an impact. Not just as a striker scoring measly 2 goals. A young talent having a break through is someone like Giovinco, is a the biggiest force his team has. Not Palla not showing up.

Fact of the matter is, there has been ample time for him to prove himself, and he has continuesly not done so (he just runs around with the ball, not only not score, but doesnt shoot, not only shoot, but doesnt create any, basically no end product). He is already 24, and has shown little in his career. Nothing better then 4-5th in the pecking order reserve player.

Ludicrous hyping to even suggest he has more impact then Nedved this season, when he has been one our most anonymous players this season.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts