Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be a tough match away against Palermo who we drew 1-1 earlier this season at home.

Probable Lineup:
Gianluigi Buffon
Jonathon Zebina
Lilian Thuram
Fabio Cannavaro
Gianluca Zambrotta
Ruben Olivera
Mauro German Camoranesi
Emerson
Alessio Tacchinardi
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
David Trezeguet

Changes in the squad: Kapo will be replaced by Ruben Olivera becuase of his injury and Zebina is back from suspension and will be replacing Birindelli in the starting 11. Del Piero will probably won't get to start this match after his performance against Sampdoria a few days ago. Let's get the 3 points.

·
Registered
63,294 Posts
With Nedved, Camoranesi and Kapo all out will Capello opt for three defensive mids ? We'll see.

I don't see Palermo disappointing their incredible support after a loss to Inter at the Renzo Barbera. Great fans they have btw. :thmbup:

I predict a draw.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont think we'll see DM in the line up unless maybe capello opts for playing all three del piero, zlatan and trezeguet.

i doubt he'll go for a different formation.

the game will be hard no doubt, but i think the team has to really bounce back from an embarrassing result against samp.

i hope olivera gives the team some creativity from midfield. imo its the biggest aspect in our game which is missing!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
With Nedved, Kapo and Camo out..there is little combination to use a 4-4-2 formation...probably Capello will use Zambro in the midfield to cover Nedved role, and Olivera will fill Camo one...

-----------Buffon-------------
Zebina---Canna--Thuram--Pessotto--
Oli------Emo----Tach------Zambro---
-------Zlatan-----Trez----------

Will be a tought game, Palermo is playing great and they did it difficult to us in the first round...we need to improve a lot to win this game...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Del Piero should not be played behind the strikers. I'd rather he sat on the bench, came off for the final half an hour, and played well than playing average all game in a position that is not natural to him.

Zambrotta should be pushed forward to the right wing, with Olivera in for Nedved, and Pessotto replacing Zambrotta on the left.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
id rather have zambrotta on the left and play olivera on the right. at the end of the day, we are predictable in our attack as our wingers are the only real threat when moving forward.

nonetheless, with the players missing, i dont think capello has much choice.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
I like CUG's suggestion, Zambrotta to left midfield, draft Pessotto at left back, Olivera should start right midfield.

One of either Del Piero and Trezeguet won't start, I think the Frenchman will get the nod and Alex will have to settle for a place on the bench.

Not expecting much from us to be honest, that way, I won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
kthx said:
Del Piero should not be played behind the strikers. I'd rather he sat on the bench, came off for the final half an hour, and played well than playing average all game in a position that is not natural to him.
Well, in Euro he had his best game playing in a 4-3-2-1 with Cassano behind Vieri....maybe now that he's older and his physical form isn't the same, it's even better for him to play a free role and use his technique playing more deep than trying to play a physical game closer to the defenders.

I'd use this lineup:

-------------------Buffon-----------------
-Zebina-----Thuram----Canna------Zambrotta--
------------------Blasi-----Emerson------------
---Oliveira-------------------------------------
-------------Ibrahimovic-------ADP------------
-------------------Trezeguet------------------

Anyway, I know Capello won't use this. What I predict is what CUG suggested, with Zambro on the midfield and Pessotto on the left-back. Not a bad formation too.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Against Sweden, he played as a forward and Cassano played behind him as a playmaker...

Against Bulgaria, they played as the 2 behind Vieri in the 4-3-2-1 system... in the first game he was better.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
No man, Italy played in a 4-3-2-1 against Sweden. I remember ADP playing even deeper than Cassano. When Totti got suspended, Trap went for the 4-3-2-1 in both games.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
If we attack as consistently as we did in the second half against Samp, I'm sure Trez will get one or two in the net.

In any case, I'm predicting a Juventus victory.

I'd rather he sat on the bench, came off for the final half an hour, and played well than playing average all game in a position that is not natural to him.
Agreed!

·
Registered
209 Posts
dp played a decent first half against samp, but getting no help from the midfield it was difficult for both strikers to perform, playing emerson, blasi and tachi in midfield isn't a very creative lineup, but capello had no choice.

in second half he played out of position and you could see it, the position behind the strikes doesn't suit him, maybe zlatan a bit more, so he should be played as a striker and nothing else.

·
Registered
522 Posts
fATbEAT said:
dp played a decent first half against samp, but getting no help from the midfield it was difficult for both strikers to perform, playing emerson, blasi and tachi in midfield isn't a very creative lineup, but capello had no choice.

in second half he played out of position and you could see it, the position behind the strikes doesn't suit him, maybe zlatan a bit more, so he should be played as a striker and nothing else.
Agreed 100%. fATbEAT... you are indeed what you're screen name suggests...PHAT :)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
It will be a tough game. Palermo have not been played of the pitch at any time this season and were unfortunate to tie you last game with an offside goal. Good luck to you.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
it will be a draw,, we are without kapo, camo and nedved ffs :(

·
Registered
742 Posts
No, being realistic, it will be a 7-0 because you have olivera. 6 of them scored by him.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I agree with kthx on the Del Piero bit. But I'd go for CUG's formation with Zambrotta and Olivera on the flanks because we need some wing strength to help the strikers up front.

Oh well, not much choice left for Capello. I predict a win, nonetheless. We'll come through alright :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Rarely does Capello surprise. Palermo fans will want to see Del Pierro play so we'll see what happens. I think Zlatan will start. He was clearly better than DP in the last match. Dp offers better finnishing than Zlatan I feel but not much else.

Hopefully Olivera continues to play well. He has been great since Nedved is injured.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts