Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big game against a good side. AJ will be fit, Boyce won't and Sorondo is doubtful :moan: Mikele will probably fill in at RB, Powell,Popo or Hudson will cover Sorondo.

Crystal Palace will have star striker Andy Johnson fit and ready to do battle with Middlesbrough this weekend.

The England international was forced out of Sven Goran Eriksson's squad with a back injury but is now back in full training with The Eagles.

Johnson, who is the Premiership's leading English scorer, is now in line to start against Boro in what is a massive game for manager Iain Dowie.

"He [Johnson] trained fully on Tuesday and he'll train fully for the rest of the week," explained Dowie to Sky Sports News.

"I'm only concerned with looking forward. Andy will be fit for the weekend, so that's where we are.

"We've got an excellent Boro side coming down here and we have to do a job on them.

"We've got to concentrate and do our job. If we don't get our result it [Fulham's clash with Portsmouth] won't matter anyway."

Meanwhile, Dowie has defended Michael Hughes for not travelling with Northern Ireland to play in their World Cup qualifying clash against Poland.

Hughes was required after Damien Johnson was ruled out, however Dowie has stated Hughes was only on standby and possibly felt aggrieved he was not involved from the off.

"He [Hughes] was never in the squad. He was on standby so if everyone was fit he wouldn't be in the team, but then Johnson got suspended," he added.

"He then called him in so my situation was I feel Michael probably feels he should have been in that squad, but I don't want to make an issue of that because there is no issue."

skysportsplanetfootball.com

·
Registered
59,182 Posts
Boro are on a bad run at the moment so I can see you at least picking up a point from this. If I'm not mistaken they also got bad injury problems to add to the fact that Downings lost a bit of form so actually I think this'll be an ideal opportunity to get 3 points

btw did you see Rihelaattis (spelling?) goal along with Litmanens especially against the Czechs :eek: shame they still managed to lose or we'd have already more or less booked our place at top spot for Germany :groan:

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Palace will win this one for me! I flipping hate Boro and we need them to continue slipping down the table for our European (don't laugh :() hopes!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Bad Palace - 1-0 down to the evil Boro!

C'mon you Ducks!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Palace 0-1 Boro

pfft.Sorry Talya :groan:
Boro were terrible, we were worse :thmbdown: Time for a rethink Mr Dowie. :irritate:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Things have not gone well for Palace lately, hopefully the team has a few surprises up their sleave, or this will be one depressing spring for us Palace fans.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today's line up: 4-4-2.
Kiraly ,Leigertwood ,Hall ,Hudson ,Granville (Borrowdale ,54 ) ,Routledge ,Riihilahti (Andrews ,79 ) ,Hughes ,Soares (Lakis ,71 ) ,Johnson ,Freedman
Subs not used: Speroni,Watson.

Not good today:moan: We played most of the 2nd half without 3 of our regular back four but Boro hardly caused them a problem,they were much more dangerous in the 1st half.
4-4-2 with Dougie Freedman upfront doesn't work,especially when the only service the forwards are getting is long high balls. Return to 4-5-1 Iain before it's too late. Kolkka must come back into the side, today we played with 2 wingers but had no width :confused:

Chelsea beat Southampton in the late kick off,we need Everton to do the same to the Baggies tomorrow.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I think I'm a jinx! Whenever I want teams to win they usually lose! But look on the bright side at least Soton lost too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts