Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another tough 6 pointer that we really must win following last Sunday's defeat.

Palace are likley to be unchanged, although I would like to see Dowie try to get another forward into the line up to take some pressure off of AJ.

Probable line up:

Kiraly; Boyce, Granville, Popovic, Hall; Routledge, Kolkka, Hughes, Watson, Riihilahti; Johnson. Subs from: Speroni, Sorondo, Butterfield, Leigertwood, Lakis, Soares, Andrews, Freedman.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
I think we have a really good chance in this match. Hopefully Palace will shine tomorrow.

EagleMart, why are you a Sampdoria fan? :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Orange said:
why are you a Sampdoria fan? :)
It's a combination of reasons really a) my younger brother started following them in about 1990 because he liked the shirt b) so I took their side for the '92 European cup final at Wembley c) the following season channel 4 began showing live serie a on a sunday afternoon, so it was an easy choice to support the only Italian team I knew anything about d) they have got a rather nice shirt and e) I like a challenge;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Palace 0-0 Blackburn

Gah!!
More frustration :groan: We were awful for the first half , only 3 or 4 top saves from Gabor kept us in it.
Second half we improved, changed to 442 when Andrews came on to play up front with AJ. AJ hit the post with our best effort although Lakis managed to add to his list of open goal misses when he headed over from 6 yards when unmarked :moan:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
At least we took a point. They didn't send the match here, but maybe it was for the best. We're still ahead of relegation. :)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Morone said:
why sorondo in the bench?
He's just returned to the squad after a hamstring injury. He didn't actually make the bench.

C Palace: Kiraly ,Boyce ,Hall ,Popovic ,Granville ,Routledge (Torghelle ,82 ) ,Riihilahti (Andrews ,53 ) ,Watson ,Hughes ,Kolkka (Lakis ,73 ) ,Johnson
Subs not used: Speroni,Leigertwood,

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
This had to be the most boring game I've been too all season. What a waste of time. We played badly, and the players need to step it up in the coming weeks, we need to be picking up crucial points over the festive period.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Totally agree with NiTRO. Waste of time indeed, one of the worst games I've seen in my life.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firenze said:
Totally agree with NiTRO. Waste of time indeed, one of the worst games I've seen in my life.

Believe me, some of the games they played in the latter part of Trevor Francis' reign were a whole lot worse than that :eekani: ;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Morone said:
oh ok, he is performing good at crystal palace?

He'd only just started to get into the team when he got injured, so it's difficult to say really.

·
Registered
922 Posts
thanks for the information, i will keep my eyes on this palace thread, because if sorondo is playing and is playing good, better for the NT because we need him very much

1 - 14 of 14 Posts