Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brrrrrr!! Too cold for football. Overnight snow has melted away, so unless there is more tonight this game will be on.
I'm less confident of a victory now that Birmingham have Pandiani in their side, Julian Gray and Clinton Morrison will also be out to prove a point .

Palace will probably start with the same XI that were hammered by Arsenal. Riihilahti is out for 2 weeks with a torn calf muscle and definatley won't play:(
I'd like to see us return to the 4-5-1 formation that served us so well earlier in the season. Drop Freedman and Routledge and start Kolkka and Lakis as attacking wide men with Hughes, Mikele and Soares/ Watson in the middle.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
2-0

Magic :party:

Brucie,Brucie,what's the score? Brucie ,What's the score? :finger: :dielaugh:

Steve Bruce was unhappy with Crystal Palace striker Andy Johnson following Birmingham's reverse at Selhurst Park.

Johnson sunk his former club by converting a penalty in either half, but Bruce believes the England cap was guilty of diving for a penalty that was not given in the first half.

The Blues boss went on to question why the striker has won so many penalties for Palace this term, insinuating he went down far too easily in the box.

"He keeps getting penalties," said Bruce. "How many penalties has he got?

"He has got about 10 penalties from the 18 goals he has scored, and must have won about eight of them himself.

"He goes into the box, and does very well at falling over. He does it remarkably well."

Bruce questioned the validity of both penalty awards, and insisted Birmingham should have taken control of the game in the early stages.

"You are punished if you don't take your chances, and we had two of them in the first 15 minutes," he continued.

"We didn't really create after that - and I can't remember Crystal Palace creating anything outside the two penalties.

"In my opinion - and I suppose I am going to say this - the penalties were soft.

"That is three Phil Dowd has given against us, after one against Bolton earlier in the season."

Bruce is an ungracious twat :nono: Unhappy you got boo'ed Steve? Well what did you expect? warm hand shakes and slaps on the back :wth: :crybaby:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a little bit of needle between Dowie and Bruce that goes back to their playing days;)

Attachments

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Quite a depressing face on Bruce there. :D

It was a great win this weekend, hopefully the team can follow up with more great matches. The gap upwards on the table doesn't seem too big now. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts