Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at least we kept to our side of the bargin Mart! Shame you let in 3 against the Tweetie Pies though

Palace 3 - 3 Norwich

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
3-3

Natalya said:
Well at least we kept to our side of the bargin Mart!
And for that we are surprised and most grateful :kiss: :D

We were crap today to be quite frank. Butterfield, Kolkka Freedman and Sorondo came into the side with Aki ,Tom Soares down to the bench and Darren Powell and Vas Lakis not selected. Mikele Lig moved into midfield from right back.
We scored early, good volley by Kolkka at the far post, but didn't really capitalise more on nervous Norwich play. They equalised after about 20", McKenzie took on 2 players,got to the bye line and pulled the ball back for Ashton who couldn't miss.
I heard we should have had a penalty just before half time when AJ was taken down in the 6 yard box(I was under the stand,pre game beers ,you know;) :drunk: )
The start of the 2nd half was a disaster, almost straight from the kick off Ashton got his second and then more crappy defending from a corner let McKenzie score a third.
We were desperate and threw on Torghelle for the last 20 " .It worked though. Torg kept the centre backs busy while AJ nipped onto the 2nd ball.He crossed for Hughes to head in for 2-3 and was brought down in the box chasing a ball over the top for a penalty.
Palace could have got the win but for Rob Greens great save from a Fitz Hall bicycle kick in stoppage time, it would have been more than we deserved.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprised?!? :eekani: you don't think we can beat the likes of Soton? :fero:

;)

Palace seem to be in the worse form of the bottom 4 at the moment! Shame because 1 month ago you were looking like the only one of the 3 promoted who could stay up.

Hope you still do

C'mon you Ducks!

·
Registered
58,436 Posts
sándor deserves his place in the starting line-up- me thinks. he seems to be
finding his good days again after a long time of integration problems in england.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
blatent dive from Johnson to win the Pen, but Palace were denied a stonewall pen earlier on which the ref probably felt he had to make up for. Great game for the nuetral though.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Having seen a replay of the game ,we played better than I
thought:embarass:
AJ clearly dived for the penalty though:angel: and the ref managed to miss a clear handball on the goal line by Safri in the first half. We seemed to have the upper hand for all but the 20 minute spell at the start of the second half.
The next game is on wednesday away vs Blackburn. I didn't see the cup semi with Arsenal,but it sounds like Rovers were very dirty :nervous:

Natalya said:
C'mon you Ducks!
:confused:

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, that's the name for Palace for me now as the little Palace fan (2 1/2 years old) thinks the Eagle mascots are Ducks - so we all call Palace the Ducks now! :)

I saw the end of your match on First Active, and you played well to get back in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts