Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So instead of us being curry eaters and cricket obssesed guys I wanted to start a thread talking about our football.

We lost 3-0 against Afghanistan in the Peace Cup recently and Pakistan has sacked Zavisa Milosavljevic and replaced him with a Bahrani guy with a few days left till the SAFF tournament :palm: first of all we have to improve our system of promoting youth talent and infurstructure, why doesn't Pakistan will have a good NT despite having a nation of over 170+ Million? take a country like Montenegro, they have 500k of inhibatants, and even they have a squad then us lol.

SAFF is in a couple of day I don't see this is going to be great this year either.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
You guys should naturalize a few players from neighboring countries, maybe a Brazilian or two, get a good coaching staff, and try to find natural Pakistani talents born outside of Pakistan. Kind of have to play around until you can get something going.

Remember it is not about size. Russia has a decent population but doesn't perform to expectations. On the other hand a small poor country like Armenia smashed Denmark into pieces at their home too I think.

Ultimately IMHO I think if you can get good youth programs (invest in it) maybe it will ease things over time. It will take awhile but the results should probably come around slowly but surely.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You guys should naturalize a few players from neighboring countries, maybe a Brazilian or two, get a good coaching staff, and try to find natural Pakistani talents born outside of Pakistan. Kind of have to play around until you can get something going.

Remember it is not about size. Russia has a decent population but doesn't perform to expectations. On the other hand a small poor country like Armenia smashed Denmark into pieces at their home too I think.

Ultimately IMHO I think if you can get good youth programs (invest in it) maybe it will ease things over time. It will take awhile but the results should probably come around slowly but surely.
Many of our players are from abroad to, mainly countries such as Scandanavia, and some from England to, I think we may have some Afghanis who play for Pakistan to.

Yeah I think a good youth program is essential, many say the government does not invest in the footballing system in Pakistan, but luckily Real Madrid has set up an academy here.

The thing is I don't think many Pakistanis appreciate football, some may have talent but will never exploit it because of there parents who don't value football and want them to do something, that's what I think is a problem to, if football can get more coverage there it be a massive help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts