Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to hear opinions of what pakistan have to improve if they want to win competitions and the world cup

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I will take this one
Consistency!!!!
Pakistan has done well of late in the test series vs S.Africa and NZL winning both but have been found wanting in the one dayers.
That is because Pakistan has been trying to load up its batting - and leave the bowling a bit short. My theory is what 6 batsman cant do what will the 7th batsman do.
By consistency i mean that keep more and less the same set of players together with one captain for a longer period of time. Keep the management the same for a longer period of time. Think of this as a building phrase so a defeat should not mean the end of the reign of a coach or captain. Build on the mistakes. For the first time since Youhanna and the opening pair of Anwar and Sohail, Pakistan has come up with slots for the openers who are also class batsman. Imran Farhat and Yasir Hameed in onedays - Imran Farhat and taufiq Umar in tests with Hameed coming one down.
Keep on buildng on the current team - and soon Pakistan should have a formidable side. I am prepared to accept defeat if Pakistan sticks to a constant team.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts