Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Officially the tour is set to go ahead. The Indian govt - finally - gave the go ahead for the senior cricket team to tour Pakistan. I dont know what was holding them before as many other Indian sporting delegates had come and gone.
Anyway, its glad to know finally this series should start sometimes in March. Hopefullly India send a strong team. A cracker of a series is on the cards. Just coming from a successfull tour down under - (afterall who can beat Australia in a test match in their own backyard these days) and retaining the trophy, the batting should be on a high. With Pakistan itself on a trot of 2 successfull test series wins - it should be a series not be missed. Just crossing my fingers nothing happens at the 11th hour.
Your thoughts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well - for the cricket gambler - this is the greatest news .
India v Pakistan - it's a case of getting inside information.
Lookout for the one dayers - lob sided results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
7159 said:
Well - for the cricket gambler - this is the greatest news .
India v Pakistan - it's a case of getting inside information.
Lookout for the one dayers - lob sided results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah with Shane Warne returning all Australian matches will be great news for the gamblers as well :D ... Inside Information is his forte .. learnt it from Mark Waugh ..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Haider said:
Officially the tour is set to go ahead. The Indian govt - finally - gave the go ahead for the senior cricket team to tour Pakistan. I dont know what was holding them before as many other Indian sporting delegates had come and gone.
Anyway, its glad to know finally this series should start sometimes in March. Hopefullly India send a strong team. A cracker of a series is on the cards. Just coming from a successfull tour down under - (afterall who can beat Australia in a test match in their own backyard these days) and retaining the trophy, the batting should be on a high. With Pakistan itself on a trot of 2 successfull test series wins - it should be a series not be missed. Just crossing my fingers nothing happens at the 11th hour.
Your thoughts
I think bomb scares led to the holding up ;), just kidding. Other sports do not generate the same passion and emotion as cricket generates in these two countries. India i think will be sending the strongest possible team, injuries will keep Zaheer and Harbhajan out. Ganguly is also upbeat for the tour and has said that the stringest team will go fot the tour. The only issues that remain are regarding the venues, Karachi and Peshawar. But if it happens it will be a huge tour and i hope it is one to remember. India's bowling is weak and on flat tracks it will get tested. i hope the batsmen keep up their form. Shoaib has been in good form too. Not sure about the rest of the team as did not follow the NZL test series much because of the Australia series.
Keeping my fingers crossed too.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
GO INDIA

Pakistan should prove to be no match for India. We are the closest side in the world to beating Australia, and we did beat them in one test match. We beat them in the World Cup, and this should be no problem as well.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tour itinerary is announced. Tour is started to get off on Mar 10. Hopefully it will end incident free

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Re: GO INDIA

Pulsar36 said:
Pakistan should prove to be no match for India. We are the closest side in the world to beating Australia, and we did beat them in one test match. We beat them in the World Cup, and this should be no problem as well.

I agree :D

This is what Dravid had to say on Choking:

On choking: The chokers tag is an exaggeration. Honestly, I don't care what people say. We played a tough, competitive series [in Australia] and will continue to give our best.

:)

In honesty this time you have a strong side whereas we have a weaker side compared to yesteryear.

India has never won a single test match or ODI series here whereas we have defeated you multiple times in your own background. :cool: Payback's a bitttchhh and we could feel the full brunt of it but still It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

It will be a great spectacle! Great series in prospect between two very good sides! :star:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Sachin To Carry On Despite Bad Back

Sachin Tendulkar will be going to Pakistan despite having a stiff back. Tendulkar had skipped a net session on the first day of the conditioning camp in Kolkata because he wanted to rest his back, but the problem is reportedly too minor to threaten his particpation in the tour.

Andrew Leipus, India's physiotherapist, told Press Trust of India, "He [Tendulkar] was asked to take it easy on Sunday and he did not come out to field in the later half of the day on Monday [during a practice game]. The problem is very minor. These things are [a] part and parcel of cricket." Tendulkar has been undergoing physiotherapy under Leipus's guidance.

His discomfort showed through in the 45-overs-a-side practice game between the 12 members of the squad who were present at the camp. (Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra were away playing in the Duleep Trophy final.) Tendulkar was given three outings with the bat in his team's innings, and made 0 in the first two, and a scratchy 4 in the third. Sourav Ganguly, on the other hand, was in fine form, repeatedly smashing the spinners into the empty stands.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pakistan A gave a hiding to India 2 days ago. How will India respond. Today is the first one day in Karach. Should be a cracker.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Cant wait :drool:

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a game.
Having put India to bat - Pakistan bowled horribly especially Razzaq and Sami. Naved is a newcomer so i wouldnt say much to him. Naved did give a lots of extras but who didnt. India made 349. Most people would have thought - game over - but Pakistan took the chase to the end - India managing to hold on and win by only 5 runs. If this is an indication of things to come - than i belive we have a great series in our hands

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Congratulations to India and Pakistan. Both played honorably. I believe this series will be one for the ages.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
What a game , not for the ones with a weak heart. Amazing batting from both sides and combined with horrible bowling. Sehwag played a blinder, Dravid got unlucky on 99 and Inzamam played one of the best ODI knocks but got out at the wrong time
(or should i say the right time ;)) . The Pakistan bowlers gave around 38 noballs and wides which i think separated the two teams in the end. It was that close :). Razzaq was looking dangerous but again got out at the wrong time. Kaif took a blinder but i believe the catch was Badani's. Nehra bowled an excellent last over, wasnt expecting it from him after seeing some of his previous performances. Malik bowled well, but the Pak bowlers could have the indians two down by the third over. Hats off to the Pak batsmen who chased so well after being 34/2 and then 71/2 after 15 overs. I have to admit that the crowd was immaculate. If this is the sign of things to come then we should get ready for one of the best series of all time :).

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Congratulations to India! Well played to them!!

I was amazed and delighted by our run chase! :eek: :cool: :star: We took it right down to the last ball.

-> A world record for most runs scored in a one dayer. :star:

-> A record for most runs scored in the second innings. :star:

Our bad record in ODIs in Karachi continues! We just can't seem to win there! :D Lahore is different though! :cool:

The series opener was a cracker!! True to the hype! I hope we tie it up on Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Just wanted to add that Inzy averages over 80 in Karachi.

349 is not a safe score nowadays. Really something should be done or else bowling will be a forgotten art. I really feel for the bowlers.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
mrigank said:
Just wanted to add that Inzy averages over 80 in Karachi.

That is just about the only positive point we have in Karachi regarding ODI :D

Then at the same time we have lost only once there in a test match so it is evened out :) No test in KHI this time :eek:

349 is not a safe score nowadays. Really something should be done or else bowling will be a forgotten art. I really feel for the bowlers.
I thought the exact same thing regarding the totals. We are getting closer and closer to where the teams will continue to pile up big scores and get chased as well!! Good entertainment but the bowlers must be given something.

Let's see what happens in the day nighters. The bowlers can use the conditions there as Lahore compared to Karachi has pace, bounce and movement! ;)

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The next match is a day night one at Rawalpindi.
This pitch wont have many runs on it if history is to be believed, but this is India Pakistan we are talking about.
For me, Shabbir must play if he is fit, and we must play with 6 bowlers - otherwise we are just playing trying to counter Indias strength rather than to play with our strengths.
We are trying to pack our batting, when we should pack our bowling. This is India with great batting but with poor bowling. So there is no need to pack our batting. What 6 batsman cant do, what will the 7th do.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts