Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3461855.stm

Well isnt that bloody great. Pakistan giving out nuclear technology to anyone with enough money to buy it. So when one day a radioactive bomb explodes in a country we will know who gave them the technology/equipment to build it. Now am i missing something here but why is the scientist only getting a slap on the wrist? Also why arent the countries of the world pissed?

I think Pakistan is a really dangerous threat to the world on a massive scale. So why isnt anyone doing anything about this? Pakistan should be punished severly ffs. If iraq gets pounded because it has WMDs and could proliferate them to other countries surely Pakistan having already done so should be dealt with.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
What are you citing as a threat? Pakistan itself or the countries it supplies? or both? Because if it's the former then I'd be as pissed with India. The Buddha does not smile on South Asia anymore.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Hey Bob you got a nice avatar man
very classy
:)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
But you see Pakistan is a vital US ally at the moment. Without Pakistan's support, the US would have a much tougher time in Afghanistan. Ergo, this whole little shabang was arranged to let Pakistan off the hook in a rather mild fashion.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andrija things like this always come back and bite you in the butt.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
I personally know A. Q. Khan as hes an uncle of one of my real close friends. Generally speaking whatever happened as in Prez. Musharraf pardoning Khan was all for the best. Khan gave us something no person had been able to give and just because of the sake of a couple of pissed off Europeans and Americans we aint gonna put our mastermind on the dock. Fine he made a mistake but why is it that he is being crucified so much ? Not like others havent made bigger mistakes without going unpunished !

And btw Pakistan aint no Iraq boy. The simple fact that we got nukes will make ANY nation think twice about attacking us. Couple that with having the best army on measure of passion and bravery, and no one will dare touch our borders.

This reminds me of something that happened for real. It was real funny but brought out patriotism in everyone of us as well. One fine day before we declared we had nukes, (Im talking about sometime in 1998) the then Indian defence minister (think it was George Fernandes) proudly told a press conference that India was ready to go to war with Pakistan on any front and they would also friggin beat the shit out of us plus conquering Islamabad in a matter of days. The next day Dr. A. Q. Khan came on record saying we can friggin destroy New Delhi on the push of one button from Islamabad LOL. Scared the piss outta the Indian hawks. Remember them being real uncertain whether the Indian defence was ready to take on such an attack and shit. I know this might not mean to a lot to you guys but just wanted to mention this just like that. One of the few times when I really felt proud to be a Paki !!

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
husain_14 said:
I personally know A. Q. Khan as hes an uncle of one of my real close friends. Generally speaking whatever happened as in Prez. Musharraf pardoning Khan was all for the best. Khan gave us something no person had been able to give and just because of the sake of a couple of pissed off Europeans and Americans we aint gonna put our mastermind on the dock. Fine he made a mistake but why is it that he is being crucified so much ? Not like others havent made bigger mistakes without going unpunished !

And btw Pakistan aint no Iraq boy. The simple fact that we got nukes will make ANY nation think twice about attacking us. Couple that with having the best army on measure of passion and bravery, and no one will dare touch our borders.

This reminds me of something that happened for real. It was real funny but brought out patriotism in everyone of us as well. One fine day before we declared we had nukes, (Im talking about sometime in 1998) the then Indian defence minister (think it was George Fernandes) proudly told a press conference that India was ready to go to war with Pakistan on any front and they would also friggin beat the shit out of us plus conquering Islamabad in a matter of days. The next day Dr. A. Q. Khan came on record saying we can friggin destroy New Delhi on the push of one button from Islamabad LOL. Scared the piss outta the Indian hawks. Remember them being real uncertain whether the Indian defence was ready to take on such an attack and shit. I know this might not mean to a lot to you guys but just wanted to mention this just like that. One of the few times when I really felt proud to be a Paki !!
If this does not worry people about Pakistan having nukes, what will? of paticular interest would be this:

saying we can friggin destroy New Delhi on the push of one button from Islamabad LOL
building a nuke is no big problem nowadays, attaining and processing the material is the problem.

·
THE
13,983 Posts
husain_14 said:

The simple fact that we got nukes will make ANY nation think twice about attacking us. Couple that with having the best army on measure of passion and bravery, and no one will dare touch our borders.

Ok ok, you made you point, I AM scared of you now. Tho, I can't think why would my state want to attack yours. Not that we would know where are you or boarders anyway.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Now as much as Husain’s post depressed the hell out of me, I don’t want anyone to think that this sort of nationalistic bullshit is mutually exclusive to either side, and nor is it rare.

One of the few times when I really felt proud to be a Paki
Today I’m embarrassed to be South Asian.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Yeah.. somehow reading things like this on the internet posted by strangerscan be even more damaging to one's humanism than spoken words..
Hey Bob you got a nice avatar man
Thanks amigo.. the other day I spent a few minutes admiring your microwave. Class. ;)

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
kat said:
Ok ok, you made you point, I AM scared of you now. Tho, I can't think why would my state want to attack yours. Not that we would know where are you or boarders anyway.
typical :rolleyes:

enough said !

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Look bob and Jkris...ive followed you guys a lot since I joined XT and you seem real nice people...but i think you got my post in the wrong sense here....all i wanted to say was that for us South Asians to have a sense of security around the region it was important that we equal India weapon by weapon...trust me if we hadnt tested those nukes at that time we would have had been obilerated by the Indians...all the talk about friendship and everything is good but come on we still gotta have some security....

dont take me wrong...im no war monger either a hardcore extremist...just making my point where i thought my country was being wrongly blamed !

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Hey Husain didn't Pakistan lose every war they fought against Ýndia. Ý think that's a fact.

Well anyway when I was in Boston I knew a lot of people from both Pakistan and Ýndia. These people were all educated young people and even they were so hardcore nationalistic and blinded by patriotism that they could not see things objectively. The funniest thing is they would fight with each other on this issue and then they would hang out together all the time.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
husain_14 said:
trust me if we hadnt tested those nukes at that time we would have had been obilerated by the Indians...all the talk about friendship and everything is good but come on we still gotta have some security....
I believe Pakistan should have nukes of its own for its own security like you mentioned but you should not go around give the technology to some other nations who could be using it for non-security reasons.

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Why is it typical?
My state has had ( and have) many problems with Russia, and still we have only one chopter and few cannons.

Oh, and in case you and this non-named "any other nation" will protect their boarders with nukes, then trust me, there won't be any state to protect to.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Many states had problems with Russia including Turkey but that does not mean that Russia is going to go to war or use its nukes against them. Those problems could easily be solved by diplomacy. However Ýndia and Pakistan is a different case just like the US Russia years ago. There had to be a way to balance the equation so that no nuclear wars would be fought. I believe if one of these nations (India or Pakistan) did not have a nuke and the other did we would see one of them going to an all out war with the other. Nuclear deterriation plays a big role role in policies today especially in the case of Ýndia and Pakistan.

And I did not mention every nation needs nukes to protect themselves. For example my country does not need it because there are no countries that possess a threat and even if some of them did possess a threat none of them have a nuclear capability.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts