Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys
as u all maybe know Ibanez is being strongly linked to Inter... i havent seen but he surely must be a good player as hes in the national team and that Inter and many other top clubs want him :)... so could u guys tell me a little about him

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Well maybe in Italy he is strongly linked ...

But trust me he won't come :)

He just get to Atléti and it looks like he likes to play for us :)

Well he is a great central defender ...
Very good in the air and on the ground with a great % of winning duells.

He also was called into the nationals a few weeks ago!

Husky

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter on the defensive Tuesday 30 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter are today being associated with two defenders – Vincent Kompany and Sol Campbell.

The Nerazzurri have conceded 22 goals in just 13 League games so far and a need for a new central defender seems obvious.

Having sold Fabio Cannavaro to Juventus in the summer, new boys Nicolas Burdisso and Sinisa Mihajlovic have failed to convince.

Campbell (pictured) is believed to be at the top of Inter’s wish list but a move for the Arsenal ace seems unlikely.

Although his contract expires in the summer, reports suggest he will soon sign an extension to his current deal.

That has opened the door for the Italian club to make a move for Anderlecht star Kompany instead.

The young Belgian is highly rated in the European game and his representative is confident a transfer could occur.

"Things are going badly in the Champions’ League so if an offer of around £7m is made then Kompany can leave," said his agent.

Other possible New Year targets include Benfica’s Luisao and Pablo Ibanez of Atletico Madrid.

There are also whispers that suggest Inter could offer Jose Ze Maria to Lazio in exchange for Massimo Oddo.

channel4

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Deno said:
hello guys
as u all maybe know Ibanez is being strongly linked to Inter... i havent seen but he surely must be a good player as hes in the national team and that Inter and many other top clubs want him :)... so could u guys tell me a little about him
He's young, only 22, and one of the best CD in Spain right now, but I don't think that Atlético sells him. They usually do bad signings and now that they finally found a decent defense, it would be silly to sell him. Atlético won't sell him... Inter is a top club, but Atlético too.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Koeman4 said:
He's young, only 22, and one of the best CD in Spain right now, but I don't think that Atlético sells him. They usually do bad signings and now that they finally found a decent defense, it would be silly to sell him. Atlético won't sell him... Inter is a top club, but Atlético too.

The criteria that you need to be in Inter is--- u should have played for Lazio before :sweeteye: ... so Ibanez fails in this test.

Maybe we will see Lequi playing for Inter in the future. :rolleyes:

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Would you want him at Barça? I've heard only good things. How's his pace, distribution? What are his strenghts/weaknesses?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
AZULGRANA said:
Would you want him at Barça? I've heard only good things. How's his pace, distribution? What are his strenghts/weaknesses?
Yes, he's quite good. A tall defender, very good in the headers and he's quite good playing the ball. Maybe a little bit slow. I've only seen 4 or 5 matches of this guy, before he played in Albacete and I never paid attention to him before playing in Atlético, but he has impressed me this season. Besides, he has already played with NT against England and he did very well. I rate him over Oleguer and he's younger.

In any case, as I've said, I think that it's a very difficult signing. I don't consider Pablo an option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts