Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Keegan has just released the England team to face Germany, once again Philip Neville starts. I would to hear what people think about him, because personally I think that he does nothing. A lot of people here do not understand why he is always in the team.

Now, as for Barry, when he came on for Neville in the friendlies he proved to defensively strong and good going forward, he also is naturally left footed. He provided the forwards with acurate cross' something that Neville is unable to do....so why doesn't Keegan give him a chance??

J

·
0 Posts
Why the hell is Phil Neville in the England side?
Once again we saw the Germans exploit England down the right hand side because Phil Neville is not up to the job. I can't understand why theuy don't stick Barry in there. He has shown that he is comfortable in the left side role and is good going forward and is a great tackler.

Phil Neville can't even get in the Man Utd first team so why should he be playing for England?

Up the Villa

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
After watching him in Euro,I discovered that Pippo doesnt deserve to be hated.He is so incredibly pathetic and useless that we shoudl pity him and get mad at these people who force a person like him (who would do a wonderful photographer,cook or captain in a yackt) becoming clown by playing a sport he clearly has no idea about,football.

I feel angry with Zoff right now,why do this to Pippo?

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Neville brothers have been rubbish all tournament...they drive me crazy with their inability to do anything!

Why P.Neville is in the side, I have no idea....like JLloyd said, the man cannot even oust Irwin, so why have we got him??

Amo, I agree with you...Pippo is such a pathetic sight that he needs to be pitied...also he needs to be fed! He looks anorexic!!!! Someone please give him a meal!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could possibly give him as a meal to an Ant, the poor Lion wouldn't know what to do with the little meat on Pippo!!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep...so only feed a seriously depressed Lion Pippo!

As for P.Neville...Barry would never have made such a stupid mistake and England would still be in Euro 2000!! :mad:

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
C'mon Amo, ok Ince made the most of the tackle....but the guy did not get the ball and he caught Incey....that is a foul which = penalty!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amo, I've watched the replays again and again...and it was penalty!! I'm not lying, if it wasn't I would say so!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
can anyone tell me more about this barry,he's 18 and played in euro 2000,seem to be very good!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Nick,he is 20 (or 21?) and he did NOT play at the euro,thats the problem...:)

Talya,honestly,I have watched the reply as many times as you and I swear that I saw absolutely no contact!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Both the Neville Brothers belong in MLS, That's more their level. Phil is 2nd string at United, Gary is about to be 2nd string once Wes Brown is healthy. Is England required to take a quota on ManU players, I can understand Scholes and Beckham. But United's best players are Keane and Stam.

I was watching the game at an English Sports pub in USA. We were all devasted, but in reality England would have trouble with the United States national team. They turn the ball over at the slightest bit of preasure. All the good European sides have Englands (Germany's Norway's for that matter)style of game down pat and know how to defeat it. The only recent international success has been against non-euorpean teams in WC 98.

The style of play needs to change. the "lads are up for it approach" just dosen't cut it.

This would have been an excellent opportunity to get Garth Barry some big tournament experience. The left back position could have been set for the next 6 years. But it didn't happen.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hey Shaq,only in LA? lets say that the Americans finally did what the whole world does when a team wins the league...

Although I support the Knicks,congratulations...

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks amoroso. Now everyone can get off shaq's back.

It should have been the Knicks v Lakers in the finals, if NY didn't have all the injuries,

Maybe next year. I'd like to see Ewing get his ring.

The Nevilles still suck, I'm now thinking the MLS would be too tough for them. Maybe the A-league in the USA and Canada.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gareth Barry:
19 years old (just), he is a little older than moi! Our child progedy, we "discovered" him while he was 17 and playing for Brighton and Hove Albion...stole him away to play in our reserves!
Then his big break came, David Unsworth left the Villa after 3 days (wife objected to non-Liverpool area!) and Barry was thrown in as his understudy, did AB-SOL-UT-ELY brillant and has never looked back since!
Unlike P. Neville he did not play in Euro 2000 and has a natural left foot! He did however play in a couple of the friendlies as a sub, was superb, highlighted P Neville's lack of anything and was not put in the team...Keegan you are blind!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts