Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been reported here that Svenning said that he's received an offer from Feyenoord! I read he's 1m 92 tall, plays for some Swedish club called Gif Sundsvall and that Rosenborg and Southampton were once interested in him, but would he be any good for us if we did get him?

Is he fast especially if you look at his big physique and can he pass the ball once he has it?

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I've never really noticed this guy. Twas strange, I thought, when Southampton and Rosenborg showed their interest. But now I'm really puzzled... :confused:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Gollum said:
he is crap.
Please tell me why...

Norwegian Øyvind Svenning (pictured) was a Rosenborg player 2000-2002, but in 2001 he was on loan to Norwegian club Moss and in 2002 he was on loan to Swedish club GIF Sundsvall. In other words: He didn't play that much for Rosenborg.

In 2002 he played striker for Sundsvall, and even though he didn't score that much goals (4 in 23 matches), the club bought him from Rosenborg for 500,000 NOK (aprox. €75,000) just before Christmas.

During last year's season, Øyvind Svenning was "transformed" into left back. In this position he was more succesful, and played very well the last half of the season.

Now he suddenly is a prospect for Norway coach Åge Hareide.

This Rosenborg, Southampton and AZ Alkmaar all have noticed.

Already in November Rosenborg started neogations trying to buy the player back. But so far the neogations haven't been succesful.

In January Svenning himself turn an offer down because he thought the wages were too low + that he was more interested in a transfer to Southampton.

In the last weeks, Rosenborg have started new neogations, but now the club, GIF Sundsvall, say no. Even though the Scandinavian transfer window is still open (till 31 March), they don't want to sell Svenning in the moment. They want to wait and see what will happen this summer.

And now as Feyenoord have "entered the pitch", the fight will be hard....

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. :) Feyenoords current defence and team is horrible btw so you can't really compare us to the team which won the UEFA cup in 2002. If Svenning is as good as Claus Lundekwam for example, he'd definitely be good enough for Feyenoord imo.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Yes, he's got potential, but he hasn't quite gotten there yet. He's a talent, and also a local boy which explains why Rosenborg would want him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts