Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newcastle striker Michael Owen has laughed off former Liverpool colleague Steven Gerrard's pleas for him to 'come home' in the summer.

The 26-year-old, who became the Magpies' record signing when he completed a £17million move from Real Madrid last summer, has been touted as a possible target for his first club and also Manchester United.

Gerrard added to the debate at the weekend when he admitted he would love to see his England team-mate back at Anfield, although Owen has played down his comments.

"Stevie's said they need a striker, or that they need to score more goals," he said.

"He's a good friend of mine, so I'd expect him to say 'Michael Owen's a good player' because I'd say the same about him.

"It's nice of him to say what he thinks of me, but someone else makes those decisions.

"I'm happy here, as I've always said. I made a decision last summer to come here and I've loved every minute since."

Newcastle will be desperate to hang on to Owen with skipper Alan Shearer retiring at the end of the season, and it is not difficult to see why.

He has scored seven goals in 10 starts for the club, but has been out of action since December after fracturing a metatarsal against Tottenham.

"Thankfully when I have played, we have managed to get some points and I have managed to get some goals," he told the club's official website.

"I'd be feeling pretty awful if that hadn't been the case and I'd played nine or 10 games and nothing had happened when I had played.

"That's the only softening of the blow. But the rest of it is not. I'm disappointed that I haven't played as much, but not long now and I'll be playing again.

"Hopefully, it's only a short period of time and I'll be back out there in the black and white."

Owen is hopeful of returning early next month and is unlikely to be ready for the FA Cup quarter-final clash with Chelsea on March 22.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
he doesn't categorically say no to moving to liverpool .he never does and he wouldn't .

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
owen would defo have to do all the running but would be risk upsetting geordieland,he hasn't got the balls to do it.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
it does hurt a bit ,it riles me that he plays for ****ing newcastle fo all clubs ,I mean going to real madrd is different becos they have a huge history and have won things but ****ing newcastle ,the only reason anyone would go there is if they were from newcastle like shearer or for pay day.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
we no need owen...we got our strikers back ready....they starts to rock...:proud:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I am really optimistic that St Mike will once again grace Anfield - in our famous red shirt of course

·
Registered
747 Posts
I believe he wants to come back, but doesn't want to point it out for his teamamtes at NUFC to know, LFC is in his heart. Fair enough, we'll get him 2 seasons time :tongue:, if he is still playing :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts